Library Scavenger Hunt discussion

BOOKS > OCTOBER '17 - Alliteration

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frances (new)

Frances (nightjar-nal) | 132 comments Mod
Welcome back for month #27 of the LSH! This month's challenge is to read a book with either an alliterative title or author. For those unfamiliar with alliteration, that's two (or more!) words that start with similar sounds, grouped together. Or you can find a more detailed explanation of it here.

As always:
1) Please feel free to use this thread for discussion, recommendations, and reviews.
2) Please also remember to add your book to the group bookshelf! You can do this on the group's main page by scrolling down to where it says "Bookshelf" at the bottom, and clicking on "Add Books".

Happy hunting!

message 2: by Frances (new)

Frances (nightjar-nal) | 132 comments Mod
I finished my October book! 🎉 (Actually, I finished it a little while ago, but only just got around to writing the review... 😅) & that book was... Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs! You can find my review on my blog, but as an overview: I think it's the weakest book in the series, though still very enjoyable to read.

Some recommendations for people who are still looking for something to read:

1) Anything by Ransom Riggs
2) Anything by Naomi Novik
3) Any of Patrick Ness' Chaos Walking books: The Knife of Never Letting Go, The Ask and the Answer, Monsters of Men
4) Pride and Prejudice or Sense and Sensibility

message 3: by Ian (new)

Ian Just finished one of the classics written.... 298 years ago.

What was it?

Hint: Think back to kids tv on a Saturday morning - remember the Banana Splits, Thunderbirds and Sesame Street etc.....and what was that story in black and white, with the funky music?

Yes, Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe.

3 stars from me....hard to read at times with obvious drawbacks, but can't fault it for being big on Adventure - 18th century style.

Btw - TV show was well better!!