October 2017 Challenge > October's Celebrate the Author "Maeve Binchy"

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana S (new)

Diana S | 1860 comments Mod
For October - We are celebrating:

Maeve Binchy Maeve Binchy

Check Here: Maeve Binchy Booklist

Here's the spot to tell a little about the book you read. Rate it! Give us a mini review on how you like/dislike the book.

** You get a bonus point for your mini review. :D

message 2: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 627 comments In the past, I've also read Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve Binchy and Chestnut Street by Maeve Binchy .

Probably should've recommended her for MARCH (Irish writer / books set in Ireland) .... but her books are always an enjoyable read!

message 3: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 627 comments Heart and Soul by Maeve Binchy
Heart and Soul – Maeve Binchy – 3***
This is a story of family, friends, patients and staff whose lives intersect at a heart clinic in Dublin. This was the right book for me at the right time – a gentle, engaging story that focuses on relationships. It is a sort of snapshot of a year in these people’s lives. This is a sequel to Nights of Rain and Stars, with many of those characters appearing here as well.
LINK to my review

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber (arboan) | 544 comments I read Tara Road. This is the second book I have read by Maeve Binchy and I enjoyed this as much as the first one. I love how even though she has multiple characters that don't seem to be connected by the end of the story she has link them all together in realistic ways. This book made me really care about the characters and I kept wanting to read more to see what was going to happen to them.

message 5: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 627 comments Amber wrote: "I love how even though she has multiple characters that don't seem to be connected by the end of the story she has link them all together in realistic ways. ..."

Yes! This seems to be a recurring "theme" in her books. They are truly ensemble pieces with a cast of interesting characters.