Monthly Challenges discussion

October 2017 Challenge > Surprise Me Task

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana S (last edited Nov 01, 2017 10:03PM) (new)

Diana S | 2093 comments Mod
Post your books here

Directions for this task

★ 1. List 5 books (use bookcovers) that you would like to read this month.
** (this is for the 1st person who post)

example...
Here are my 5 books: The Lake House by Kate Morton Christmas Caramel Murder (Hannah Swensen, #20) by Joanne Fluke The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah The Boys in the Boat Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown A Christmas Carol, The Chimes and The Cricket on the Hearth by Charles Dickens

★ 2. The next person to post will choose the two books for you to read for this task.

example....
For (name) I pick: The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah Christmas Caramel Murder (Hannah Swensen, #20) by Joanne Fluke

★ 3. Then they will list their books:

example....
Here are my 5 books: A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys Brooklyn by Colm Tóibín Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

.... step #2 and #3 in one post.

★ 4. and so on .......

★★ Just a reminder: the 1st person to post doesn't pick any books. You just list your 5 books.

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber (arboan) | 445 comments For Bethany I choose
Ghostwritten by David Mitchell The Infernals (Samuel Johnson, #2) by John Connolly

My 5 are
Dark Matter by Blake Crouch Deadly Notions (A Southern Sewing Circle, #4) by Elizabeth Lynn Casey Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles Trilogy #1) by Jodi Meadows The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey Farm Fresh Murder (A Farmers' Market Mystery, #1) by Paige Shelton

message 4: by Amberly (new)

Amberly (introverted22) | 148 comments For Amber I pick:
The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey and Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

Here are my five:
F*ck! I'm in My Twenties by Emma Koenig If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo X-Men Days of Future Past by Chris Claremont All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis

message 5: by Diana S (new)

For Amberly I pick:

All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders & The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis

Here are my five:
The Magician's Assistant by Ann Patchett The Wonder by Emma Donoghue The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck A Simple Habana Melody by Oscar Hijuelos Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter

message 6: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Lott | 452 comments For Diana I pick:

The Magician's Assistant by Ann Patchett & The Wonder by Emma Donoghue

Here are my five:

Saint Mazie by Jami Attenberg The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne Good Night, Mr. Wodehouse by Faith Sullivan The Beautiful Mystery (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #8) by Louise Penny The Lying Game by Ruth Ware

message 7: by Book Concierge (last edited Oct 03, 2017 07:29AM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 719 comments For Marilyn I choose:

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne and The Beautiful Mystery (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #8) by Louise Penny
And I would also recommend that you read Hillary Jordan's When She Woke, a re-telling of Hawthorn's classic. My review HERE

My five:
Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis The Three Weissmanns of Westport by Cathleen Schine Double Indemnity by James M. Cain In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) by Tana French Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4) by Diana Gabaldon

message 8: by Linda C (last edited Oct 05, 2017 08:30PM) (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 841 comments For Book Concierge I pick
Double Indemnity by James M. Cain and In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) by Tana French

My five:
The House by the Lake by Ella Carey Some Enchanted Éclair (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #4) by Bailey Cates Wizard by Stephanie James Dark Witch (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts Frost Line by Linda Howard

message 9: by Diana S (new)

Linda, I choose for you:

Dark Witch (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts & Frost Line by Linda Howard

message 10: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 841 comments thanks, Diana