Genre Readers looking to expand discussion

2017 Monthly Genre > 2017 October Genre: Paranormal

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (last edited Oct 01, 2017 10:01AM) (new)

Melissa | 1202 comments Mod
The winner of the poll for October's Genre is Paranormal.

** Books in the paranormal fiction genre are set in the real world, but they include experiences that defy scientific explanation. For example, stories set on earth that include things like angels, demons, ghosts, psychics, vampires, etc.

** Paranormal books involve unusual experiences that lack a scientific explanation. Some popular subjects in paranormal books are supernatural creatures, ESP, clairvoyance, ghosts, UFOs, telepathy, and psychics.

Please use this post to tell us what books you read this month within this genre and what you thought of them.

Also, discuss these questions:
Is this a genre that you normally read?
What are some of your favorite or least favorite books or authors in this genre?

Why do you read this genre or if you haven't read it, what has stopped you from reading it?

If you haven't read it until now, now that you have tried some books in this genre what do you think?

Go here for suggestions on books to read.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

I like paranormal books because of all the different ways the stories can go. Each paranormal entity can be anything from good guys to bad guys, the world building can get really creative and diverse. Its just nice to see the many different ways a story can be told.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Son of No One is listed as paranormal, but I felt it was more fantasy. I am putting it here just because it did contain demons (as well as gods and other beings like that) but it took place more in the world of Avalon than earth so I think it had a very fantasy feel with some paranormal thrown in.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

I read Dark Legacy this week, it is a vampire/romancy kind of book. the 27th in a series.

I liked it. Had Vampire battles, magic and romance.