2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives > September 2017 Roundup

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Oct 08, 2017 01:42AM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10931 comments Mod
 photo image_zpsrov4ysil.png

1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
2. Did you start any new series? If so, what were they? Will you continue?
3. Did you move forward in any series? How many?
4. Any standout or 5 star books read? Why did you love it/them?
5. Overall summary of your reading month?

Michelle
Robin
Lauren
Lieke
Veronica
Monica
Melissa
Giulia
Jonetta
Laura
Tracey
Karen

message 2: by Michelle (last edited Oct 03, 2017 03:27AM) (new)

Michelle | 2383 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
Up-to-date with 4
Hear Me Out (Hawks MC Caroline Springs Charter, #5) by Lila Rose A Brother's Secret The Sacred Brotherhood Book V by A.J. Downey Cutslut by Kim Jones Ride Rough (Raven Riders, #2) by Laura Kaye

I had a so-so month. Nothing that stood out but nothing that really sucked. Actually had a few standalone reads as well even found time to read all the books I didn't get to last month. Found new author so Im on a binge reading of Jordan Silver.

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2372 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I got up to date on Julie James' FBI/U.S. Attorney series and J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Legacy series. I also finished The O'Neil Family series by Kathryn Shay.

None

I moved forward in four other series:
Harry Bosch - Michael Connelly (2 Books)
Bone Secrets - Kendra Elliot (2 Books)
Bullet Catchers - Roxanne St. Clair
The Dresden Files - Jim Butcher

I had two 5-star books:
Blood Vow (Black Dagger Legacy, #2) by J.R. Ward The Thing About Love by Julie James

Overall I had a good month. My lowest rated book was 3-Stars.

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4293 comments Mod
One
Known (Bone Secrets, #5) by Kendra Elliot

No, I managed to restrain myself :)

Yes, 6
Dark Debt (Chicagoland Vampires, #11) by Chloe Neill A Red-Rose Chain (October Daye, #9) by Seanan McGuire Divided in Death (In Death, #18) by J.D. Robb Hunt Her Down (Bullet Catcher, #7) by Roxanne St. Claire White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2) by Ilona Andrews The Drop (Harry Bosch, #17; Harry Bosch Universe, #21) by Michael Connelly

4. Any standout or 5 star books read?
White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2) by Ilona Andrews - this series is simply amazeballs!
The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel - excellent yet disturbing.

Read 9 books. Summer has put a huge crimp in my reading style.

message 5: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I read Goldenhand by Garth Nix, I haven't heard anything about a new book in the series so I'm counting it as finished.

I read my first Discworld book: Wacht! Wacht! by Terry Pratchett and I will continue.

Yes I read one book in both the Sookie Stackhouse series and Hythrun Chronicles: Wolfblade.

A Monster Calls so sad...

Another good month, both in amount of books read and progression in series.

Goldenhand (Abhorsen, #5) by Garth Nix Wacht! Wacht! (Schijfwereldl, #8) by Terry Pratchett Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9) by Charlaine Harris Damin Wolfsblad (Wolfsblad, #2) by Jennifer Fallon A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

message 6: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Michelle wrote: "

Up-to-date with 4

I had a so-so month. Nothing that stood out but nothin..."

Good job getting up to date with four series though. That's awesome!

message 7: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?

I got caught up on two series: Hungry Ghosts (Eric Carter, #3) by Stephen Blackmoore and Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2) by Brandon Sanderson

I started four new series:
The Man With the Golden Torc (Secret Histories, #1) by Simon R. Green Troubled Waters (Elemental Blessings, #1) by Sharon Shinn Sword-Dancer (Tiger and Del, #1) by Jennifer Roberson Snowspelled (The Harwood Spellbook, #1) by Stephanie Burgis

I will be continuing on with the Snowspelled series. Both The Man with the Golden Torc (Secret Histories) series and Troubled Waters (Elemental Blessings) series are "maybes". I won't be continuing with the Sword Dancer series. It just feels too dated to me.

I moved forward in only one series this month, Hounacier (Valducan, #2) by Seth Skorkowsky .

Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2) by Brandon Sanderson was my standout read this month. Not quite a five stars - 4.5 rounded up. It's just such a well built world populated with complex characters.

Sailing to Sarantium (The Sarantine Mosaic, #1) by Guy Gavriel Kay gets an honorable mention because the writing is just beautiful.

I don't feel like this was one of my most productive reading months in terms of the number of books I read, but I mostly enjoyed everything I read so I count it a win. :-)

message 8: by Monica (last edited Oct 02, 2017 10:39AM) (new)

Monica | 860 comments Lauren wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
One

No, I managed to restr..."

I can't wait to get to White Hot. I feel like I read the first one years ago! Which actually, it may have been, lol (ETA: I read the first one 2.5 years ago!). I might need to read Burn for Me for a refresher.

message 9: by Monica (last edited Oct 02, 2017 11:00AM) (new)

Monica | 860 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
Yes, I completed 3 series and caught up to 1.

Yes, they are:
While the Duke Was Sleeping (The Rogue Files, #1) by Sophie Jordan A Good Debutante's Guide to Ruin (The Debutante Files, #1) by Sophie Jordan A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1) by Sarah MacLean

2, Sebastian St. Cyr by C.S. Harris, Sons of Sin by Anna Campbell

4. Any standout or 5 star books read?
I had maybe too many? Lol, I had 9. The ones that stand out are:
The Sinner (Graveyard Queen, #5) by Amanda Stevens The Awakening (Graveyard Queen #6) by Amanda Stevens Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #4) by Sarah MacLean

I had a great month. I'm catching up on series I enjoy and discovered new (to me) authors and series that I am really loving. It feels good to be returning to my old reading self.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2383 comments Veronica wrote: "Michelle wrote: "

Up-to-date with 4

Thanx Veronica. I was lucky in that the latest had come out the last few months so just had to find the time to read them

message 11: by Allison (new)

Allison (rainy-day-reads) Veronica wrote: "I don't feel like this was one of my most productive reading months in terms of the number of books I read..."

It looks like you did really well last month considering that Words of Radiance is over 1000 pages, Veronica. I still need to read that one, so I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

I felt the same way about Sword Dancer. It didn't age well.

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Monica wrote: "I feel like I read the first one years ago! Which actually, it may have been, lol (ETA: I read the first one 2.5 years ago!). I might need to read Burn for Me for a refresher. "

It was years ago for me too. I did a re-read of Burn for Me before reading White Hot and it was just as good as the first time around!

message 13: by Lauren (new)

Monica wrote: "Any standout or 5 star books read?
I had maybe too many? Lol, I had 9. The ones that stand out are:
The Sinner (Graveyard Queen, #5) by Amanda Stevens The Awakening (Graveyard Queen #6) by Amanda Stevens Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #4) by Sarah MacLean
."

You can never have too many great books!

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1353 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I got unto date in one series: Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich (well..until next month when the next book comes out).

No new series this month. Trying to hold off till next year.

I moved forward in the Harry Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. I read Cold Days #14 and Shadowed Souls #14.5. ! more to got to be caught up!

Nothing this month.

Wish I could have read more, but the ones I did read did not disappoint me.

message 15: by ~ Giulia ~ (new)

~ Giulia ~ | 104 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I completed The Hunger Games series.
Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins
I started Dean Koontz's Frankenstein. I'm not feeling the villains and I found the extremely short chapters annoying; this one's a maybe.
Prodigal Son (Dean Koontz's Frankenstein, #1) by Dean Koontz
No
No 5 stars this month
I spent a good part of the month catching up on some TV series, so not much reading done :P

message 16: by Jonetta (new)

I got up to date in three series:
Romantic Suspense by Karen Rose
In Death by J. D. Robb
Hope by Jaci Burton

Uh, oh. I started four new series and plan to continue them all. I think that’s a record for me.
Midnight Cowboy by Cat Johnson
The Lost Platoon by Monica McCarty
Compass Cove by Jeannie Moon
White House by Katy Evans (only one more book)

I moved forward in five series:
Cork O’Connor by William Kent Krueger
Black Ops, Inc. by Cindy Gerard
Bullet Catchers by Roxanne St. Claire
Silver Springs by Brenda Novak
Harry Bosch by Michael Connelly

I had a couple. Everyone was raving about The Hating Game so I finally caved and listened to the book. Glad that it wasn’t just hype because I loved the story. I also loved Secrets in Death because with this book, the series exhibits some serious evolvement by the characters, especially Eve, and the police procedurals. Special mention goes to Until You Loved Me, which just enthralled me from the start.

I really enjoyed my reading this month! I had a nice genre mix and, for the first time, listened to more books than I read.
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne Secrets in Death (In Death, #45) by J.D. Robb Until You Loved Me (Silver Springs, #3) by Brenda Novak

message 17: by Jonetta (new)

Michelle wrote: "

Up-to-date with 4
Hear Me Out (Hawks MC Caroline Springs Charter, #5) by Lila RoseA Brother's Secret The Sacred Brotherhood Book V by A.J. Downey[..."

For a so-so month, you managed to get up to date in four series and that’s really good. However, I’m hoping your reading experience improves this month.

message 18: by Jonetta (new)

Robin wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I got up to date on Julie James' FBI/U.S. Attorney series and J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Legacy series. I also finished The O'Neil ..."

Looks like an outstanding month, Robin! Glad to see you enjoyed the Shay series. I’ve collected some of the books but haven’t seen reviews from friends. Think I’ll give it a look.

message 19: by Jonetta (new)

Lauren wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
One

Lauren, I know your vacation put a serious dent in your reading but it was still highly productive! I’m SO jealous that you’re reading the Ilona Andrews series. Every review from friends I read rated it outstanding.

message 20: by Monica (new)

Monica | 860 comments Jonetta wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
In Death by J. D. Robb
Hope by Jaci Burton

2. Did you start a..."

Good month!

Now that The Hating Game has your stamp of approval, I'm going to move ahead with it.

I started Finding Our Forever, the first book in the Silver Springs series, and had a tough time getting into into. But since you loved #3 so much, I'll give it another shot.

message 21: by Jonetta (new)

Monica wrote: "Now that The Hating Game has your stamp of approval, I'm going to move ahead with it.

I started Finding Our Forever, the first book in the Silver Springs series, and had a tough time getting into into. But since you loved #3 so much, I'll give it another shot. ...."

I struggled with the first book in the Silver Springs series, really liked the second and absolutely loved the third. I switched to audio, too.

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2299 comments Michelle wrote: "

Up-to-date with 4
Hear Me Out (Hawks MC Caroline Springs Charter, #5) by Lila RoseA Brother's Secret The Sacred Brotherhood Book V by A.J. Downey[..."

Sounds good to me. I own a lot of Jordan Silver, guess I need to read them.

message 23: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2299 comments Jonetta wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
In Death by J. D. Robb
Hope by Jaci Burton

2. Did you start a..."

Great month Jonetta! Glad you liked The Hating Game. Until You Love Me sounds good, but the first two in that series do not to me, so I may commit a sin and start a series with book 3 lol.

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2299 comments Robin wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I got up to date on Julie James' FBI/U.S. Attorney series and J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Legacy series. I also finished The O'Neil ..."

Great month Robin!

message 25: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2299 comments Lauren wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
One

Very productive month!

message 26: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2299 comments 1. I got up to date in one series Sawyer Bennett's Love
Hurts
Jilted (Love Hurts, #2) by Sawyer Bennett

I finished 4 series.

Grey (Fifty Shades, #4) by E.L. James Tied (Tangled, #4) by Emma Chase One King's Way (On Dublin Street, #6.5) by Samantha Young Last Call (Cocktail, #4.5) by Alice Clayton
I moved along with 3

Rock Chick Rescue (Rock Chick, #2) by Kristen Ashley This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Forked (Frenched, #2) by Melanie Harlow

I started 2 new series

Ready to Run (I Do, I Don't, #1) by Lauren Layne Disorderly Conduct (The Academy, #1) by Tessa Bailey
I will continue both, you can't miss with Tessa Bailey, and Lauren Layne

My standout books were

This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips . This series is so great, every story hooks me.

Tied (Tangled, #4) by Emma Chase I love this series and I thought it ended perfectly with this book. There are a few more novellas but I'm stopping here. It was perfect.

13 books this month. I got focused and finished up some of my favorite series.(Samantha Young, Alice Clayton, Emma Chase) I didn't want them to be over I guess. Now I can start their new series. I have a lot of reading to do to meet my series goal for the year. I am way behind. I did my first audio and I can honestly say they aren't for me. I listened during my usual music time (walking, cleaning) I missed my music time. I'm sticking to reading.

message 27: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2383 comments Jonetta wrote: "Michelle wrote: "

Up-to-date with 4
Hear Me Out (Hawks MC Caroline Springs Charter, #5) by Lila Rose[bookcover:A Brother's Secret: The Sacred Brotherhood Bo..."

Thanks Jonetta. I think I was just lucky in that the lastest in those series had all come out last month. I sort of crammed them all in the last week or so. Also helped that they were all in the same genre. Some I didn't know were coming out and so that was a happy surprise. I think I've found a few new authors. It just that most of the stuff I'm reading are standalones.

message 28: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2383 comments Laura wrote: "Michelle wrote: "

Up-to-date with 4
Hear Me Out (Hawks MC Caroline Springs Charter, #5) by Lila Rose[bookcover:A Brother's Secret: The Sacred Brotherhood Bo..."

Just be warned they are heavy into kink. Of all kinds. The person that got me into them also said that some you'd like and some you won't. So word of warning : read up before diving in.

message 29: by Lauren (new)

Jonetta wrote: "Lauren, I know your vacation put a serious dent in your reading but it was still highly productive! I’m SO jealous that you’re reading the Ilona Andrews series. Every review from friends I read rated it outstanding. "

Thanks Jonetta!
Yes, it is an amazing series. Cannot recommend it enough!

message 30: by Monica (new)

Monica | 860 comments Jonetta wrote: "I struggled with the first book in the Silver Springs series, really liked the second and absolutely loved the third. I switched to audio, too...."

That's good to know. I tried the audiobook with the first one, but found myself not listening and that's never a good sign. I make up chores just so I can listen to audiobooks usually, so I decided to put the book back for a bit. I'll add the series to my 2018 reading plans.

message 31: by Jonetta (new)

I remember drifting a LOT with the first book...not at all with the third book. (I think I read the second.)

message 32: by Monica (new)

Monica | 860 comments Jonetta wrote: "I remember drifting a LOT with the first book...not at all with the third book. (I think I read the second.)"

Glad it wasn't just me!

message 33: by Jonetta (new)

Lieke wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I read Goldenhand by Garth Nix, I haven't heard anything about a new book in the series so I'm counting it as fin..."

You are having such a good year, Lieke! I continue to be intrigued by your titles. What was so sad about A Monster Calls?

message 34: by Jonetta (new)

Veronica wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?

I got caught up on two series: Hungry Ghosts (Eric Carter, #3) by Stephen Blackmoore and Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2) by Brandon Sanderson

2. Did you start a..."

Quality over quantity Veronica and that’s a great thing. One of these days I’ll get to a Sanderson book. Still intrigued by your titles:)

message 35: by Jonetta (new)

Monica wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
Yes, I completed 3 series and caught up to 1.

Yes, ..."

I’m so happy to see you back here, Monica!!! And with a vengeance:) Are you on an historical binge?

message 36: by Jonetta (new)

Melissa wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I got unto date in one series: Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich (well..until next month when the next book comes out).

2..."

Doesn’t look like a bad month to me, especially as you’re tearing up The Dresden Files!

message 37: by Monica (new)

Monica | 860 comments Jonetta wrote: "You are having such a good year, Lieke! I continue to be intrigued by your titles. What was so sad about A Monster Calls?..."

I was reading reviews for this book a little while ago (to see if it would be good for my older boys), and every single reviewer said they sobbed. It's also been made into a movie, and the trailers made me tear up!

message 38: by Lieke (last edited Oct 06, 2017 12:54PM) (new)

Lieke | 1125 comments Monica wrote: "Jonetta wrote: "You are having such a good year, Lieke! I continue to be intrigued by your titles. What was so sad about A Monster Calls?..."

I was reading reviews for this book a little while ago..."

It is a touching story, I was afraid I wouldn't think this because I was prepared. But I had tears in my eyes at the end of the book.

I haven't seen any trailers of the movie, but I would like to see the movie.

message 39: by Jonetta (new)

Laura wrote: "I may commit a sin and start a series with book 3 lol. ...."

I rarely say this but this is the series where you can read out of order.

message 40: by Jonetta (new)

Laura wrote: "1. I got up to date in one series Sawyer Bennett's Love
Hurts
Jilted (Love Hurts, #2) by Sawyer Bennett

I finished 4 series.

Grey (Fifty Shades, #4) by E.L. JamesTied (Tangled, #4) by Emma Chase[bookcover:One King's Way|25695..."

Wow, you seemed to have really enjoyed your reading this month! And, you put a nice dent in your series.

Audiobooks aren’t for everyone and at least you tried.

message 41: by Jonetta (new)

Lieke wrote: "It is a touching story, I was afraid I wouldn't think this because I was prepared. But I had tears in my eyes at the end of the book..."

Monica wrote: "I was reading reviews for this book a little while ago (to see if it would be good for my older boys), and every single reviewer said they sobbed. It's also been made into a movie, and the trailers made me tear up..."

Thanks, Lieke and Monica. I’ll check this one out.

message 42: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
Yes, 2! The Frieda Klein series by Nicci French and Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen

Didn't start any

Other than in number 1 above, I moved forward in 2 series:

1. Romantic Suspense by Karen Rose
2. Detective Jackson by L J Sellers

I loved The Devil's Work by Mark Edwards. The narrator was brilliant and the story was suspenseful. I looked forward to listening to it.

Oh boy is life getting in the way of my reading at the moment! Secondary school visits, job interviews and work trips doesn't leave a lot of time for reading...

message 43: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 442 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
UTD - Bad Boys of Sports
Completed - Endgame

Tall Dark & Deadly - Yes
Midnight Cowboys - Yes
Fading - Probably not
Rosemary Beach - Yes
Splintered Hearts - Yes
Pure Corruption MC - Yes
NYPD Blue & Gold - Yes
Cal and Macy - Yes

3. Did you move forward in any series? Yes How many? 11

Divided In Death - This book was so emotional. I love the characters in this series so much. It is like talking with friends. I love how Robb takes me on an adventure with each book.
Sam's Creed (Hell's Eight) - I've only read 2 of the books in this series but the story is fantastic and the characters keep me so riveted, I can hardly put the book down.
Unbreak Me (Splintered Hearts) - I read this book for a challenge but was so surprised how much I loved it. There are secrets and as they are revealed, I continue to be shocked.
Eyes Wide Open (Blackstone Affair) - This is the 3rd book in the series and I continue to be in a love affair with Ethan Blackstone. Can't believe I waited so long to read this series.
The Castle (Endgame) - This book finished the series. Again there were so many secrets and I loved these characters; even when Gabriel was being an a*s...
Wicked Lust (Wicked Horse) - I'm really loving this series. There was a great story, loved both characters and of course, it had hot, hot sex...
Ruin & Rule (Pure Corruption MC) - What can I say about Pepper Winters' books. They have hot sex and dark stories, which I love. The only drawback with her books is that they have huge CHs.
Redwood Bend (Virgin River) - For contemporary romance, this is one (if not the top) of my favorites. I love all the characters in this small town. Every book is either a 4 or 5 star read for me. I will hate to get to the end of this series.

Outside of one or two books, I had a fantastic reading month.

message 44: by Jonetta (new)

Karen ♐ wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
UTD - Bad Boys of Sports
Completed - Endgame

Tall Dar..."

Where do I start, Karen? First, congrats on a great month. Next, I know exactly how you feel about Virgin River. So loved that town. Yep, I was an Ethan Blackstone fan, too. Good to know about Hell’s Eight. I haven’t started yet.

What did you think of Rosemary Beach series? I’m intimidated by the complexity of the series spinoffs and crossovers.

message 45: by Jonetta (new)

Tracey wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
Yes, 2! The Frieda Klein series by Nicci French and Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen

2. Did you start any new series? If so, what..."

Real life always has to come first but it is a buzzkill when it interferes with reading. Congrats on finishing Frieda Klein! I’m too jealous.

message 46: by Angela (last edited Oct 10, 2017 05:25PM) (new)

Angela | 749 comments Late this month to posting on last month's reads.

Up to date on October Daye with The Brightest Fell

One this month. The Sarantine Mosaic Sailing to Sarantium. I'll continue at some point. While I enjoyed the book, it did feel like a bit of a slog at times.

Yes I moved forward in three series.
2 Lady Darby books #3 and #4 - A Grave Matter and A Study in Death
Cork O'Connor #9 Heaven's Keep
The Faithful and the Fallen #2 Valour

One five star with month with Valour. I really love the multiple POV's in the series.

I'm delighted to be up to date on another series and to see some good series progression on other series I'm reading.

The Brightest Fell (October Daye, #11) by Seanan McGuire Sailing to Sarantium (The Sarantine Mosaic, #1) by Guy Gavriel Kay A Grave Matter (Lady Darby Mystery #3) by Anna Lee Huber A Study in Death (Lady Darby Mystery #4) by Anna Lee Huber Heaven's Keep (Cork O'Connor, #9) by William Kent Krueger Valour (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2) by John Gwynne Mariana by Susanna Kearsley

message 47: by Monica (new)

Monica | 860 comments Angela wrote: "Late this month to posting on last month's reads.

Up to date on October Daye with The Brightest Fell

2. Did yo..."

Looks like you had a great month! I'm adding the Lady Darby series to my TBR right away.

message 48: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments It's a nice little mystery series and luckily only 5 books long so far. Book 6 is out next year.