Addicted to YA discussion

There's Someone Inside Your House
This topic is about There's Someone Inside Your House
Stand Alone > There's Someone Inside Your House

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - added it

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5279 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part?

message 2: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim Kaso | 155 comments Started out with a bang, but a really interesting premise was not as well executed as it deserved to be. It bogged down for me midway. I liked Makani and Ollie, their relationship was strongest part of the book for me. I think this played to the author’s strengths as evidenced by her previous works. I liked the “fish out of water” aspect. The motivation for the killings felt artificial. I went to college in my hometown, but left PA for Texas, then NYC, (where I saw Sweeney Todd twice when it first opened on Broadway & again in London with Patti Lupon) then joined the Navy & saw the world, coming to rest in the Bay Area of Northern California. Ultimately, I had ambitions to leave. I give a tip of the hat for trying something new, but I wanted it to be better than ok.

Kate (katespofford) | 61 comments I really liked how the killer messed with the victims' heads, by moving objects around. That to me was creepier than anything else. There was some good atmosphere, but I felt like this was just like any other thriller. I expected some of the character elements - like Makani having been on a swim team - to contribute to the story's finale. The killer especially had a weak motive and was basically (and described by the other characters) as completely forgettable.

It's too bad, because I was really looking forward to reading this one! In the end it was pretty good but not great.

Sharon I was disappointed in the book. I did like Makani and Ollie as well as Darby and Alex. The reason behind David’s murder choices was lame. All because they wanted to leave and have more out of life.....like really?! And then for that fact not to be revealed until the last few pages. It felt as though that left the story incomplete somehow. No sneak peak to a bit down the road...nope just “CURTAIN” and it’s done. So sad too cause I was really looking forward to this book.

Lily The book was entertaining but entirely forgettable. The strongest part of the book was the romance--which was sweet but unfortunate, given that it's a horror story. It's also disappointing that nearly all the killings were done to minor characters.. I didn't feel for them at all.

And the reason behind the murders... yes, I'm in agreement with everyone else. There's always a better reason. The killer was just a bored teenager.