Addicted to YA discussion

Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)
This topic is about Tower of Dawn
Series > Tower of Dawn

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5211 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part? Will you read the next one?

Charlotte | 4 comments Will it be okay to post spoilers on here or will people be looking at this whilst they're still reading it?

Karen | 10 comments I'm so psyched that this is one of the BOM. I started it a few weeks back but went on to a few other books (for no real reason :) so now I have more of a reason to get back to it. I've heard it's very good...

message 4: by Farren (last edited Oct 05, 2017 08:01PM) (new) - added it

Farren (mmmcookies) | 524 comments Charlotte wrote: "Will it be okay to post spoilers on here or will people be looking at this whilst they're still reading it?"

People might skim the thread to see what others think before they buy the book so I suggest using spoiler tags. Just use < spoiler > in front of it and < /spoiler> after it, minus the spaces, and those who have already read the book can click on it =)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 194 comments I think you should use the spoiler tag so you don't ruin it for someone else.

Shristhi (thebookgodess) Oh My God!! It killed me! So good!

Janett (sweetwaterspice) | 6029 comments Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas

OMG!!! I read "ToD" and IMO it's the BEST in the series! So many people were down on this book before they even read any of it because it featured Chaol. Well, he's always been one of the best developed characters and I've always loved him! I'm so happy this book was as AMAZING as it was! It surpassed my already high expectations. SJM is brilliant!

Louise | 1849 comments I had really high expectations for this book as I love Sjm books, but I have to admit Im really struggeling with this. I cant seem to get through it..

Janett (sweetwaterspice) | 6029 comments OracleofFire~for either way you chose you can not win wrote: "So, I have always found Chaol annoying, like I couldn't stand him (please don't hunt me down and kill me for saying that) and I wasn't excited to read a whole book in his prospective because I knew..."

I know the feeling because it's the way I feel about Rowan! I have never been a Rowan fan and feel his character was changed so much since "HoF" but in reverse of what SJM did to Chaol. Which in all honesty, I miss the old Rowan...but I'm happy to have Chaol back!

He was in a very dark place and it was such a soulful journey we were really privileged to be a part of 😊

Glad he's found a place in your heart again! ❤

Janett (sweetwaterspice) | 6029 comments Louise wrote: "I had really high expectations for this book as I love Sjm books, but I have to admit Im really struggeling with this. I cant seem to get through it.."

Hmmm...I hope you can find the "real" magic in this book since it carries some really strong messages for us all. And aside from the characters it's what they embody that makes this book great! I think this is SJM's best in this series overall and best in depth and content since "HoF".
Perhaps it's a read you'll need to revisit at a later date.

Louise | 1849 comments Janett wrote: "Louise wrote: "I had really high expectations for this book as I love Sjm books, but I have to admit Im really struggeling with this. I cant seem to get through it.."

Hmmm...I hope you can find th..."

Im over halfway through and just think its boring. I dont think it should be this long ..thats just my opinion tho :)

Karen | 10 comments Louise wrote: "I had really high expectations for this book as I love Sjm books, but I have to admit Im really struggeling with this. I cant seem to get through it.."

Me too. I have picked it up a few times but keep finding other books to read. I was so excited for it too.

Yuwei (yuwei15) | 43 comments Karen wrote: "Louise wrote: "I had really high expectations for this book as I love Sjm books, but I have to admit Im really struggeling with this. I cant seem to get through it.."

Me too. I have picked it up a..."

This was me at the start too. I read 2 other books between starting and finishing ToD, becuase it was so slow at the start, nothing was happening. But boy did it get better. As the story continues it gets so much better. Chaol was never one of my fav character as I found him a bit boring but after this book i think I like him a lot more. The other new characters who came in were amazing too, more characters to add to my fav character list! :)
So much happens closer to the end, so much more secrets are reviled. I made me so frustrated in the end because Chaol knew so much and aelin still doesn't know any of what he has found out. This is not a book you'll want to miss if you want to continue with the ToG series, coz it reviles some series info.

I hope you end up loving it like I did.

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 194 comments I loved it. I really missed Chaol in Empire of Storms.

Karen | 10 comments Yuwei wrote: "Karen wrote: "Louise wrote: "I had really high expectations for this book as I love Sjm books, but I have to admit Im really struggeling with this. I cant seem to get through it.."

Me too. I have ..."

I'm going to start it again tomorrow!

Louise | 1849 comments I ended up giving it 3 stars, tho it would have been 2.5 if half stars existed. I liked the last 250, 300 ish pages, and I liked all the linked details to the rest of the series. I also liked the new characters, and to see Chaols pov. I do think it was to long, and I probably would have liked it better if it was about 400 pages ish. I jused like a month to read it as i found the first 300 ish pages so boring.

Sophie (sophiethebookdragon) I really enjoyed this one. I didn't know what to think as I wasn't a fan of Chaol in Queen of Shadows but he definitely redeemed himself in this book! It did take some time for me to get motivated but once I got into it the book just had me gripped. I am not sure I can wait until next year for the next book.

Umairah | Sereadipity (sereadipity) I found it quote boring because I don't care about Chaol much but (view spoiler)

message 19: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly | 4 comments I cant get in to it I just dont care for chaol that much! This is my favorite series of all time though! Is it worth it to read or can I skip it and still get the next book lol

Grace Yes, I do think you need to read it in order to get a better understanding of what's to follow in the next book. While it's mainly about Chaol, there are other developments as well. You might start enjoying it past the half-way point ;)