The Next Best Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10060 comments Mod
Julian,

I am sure you are not aware that what you are doing right now could be considered spamming. You are posting this exact message in other groups asking for people to join your group.

I would follow Fiona's advise and build a relationship with people in other groups before attempting to paste your group all over the place.

There also has to be something for people to actually join. Building up your group threads can help. What do you want your group to be about? There are no rules, or guidelines, or really any explaination for it. Create topics that people will want to post to.

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Not to mention you didnt even post your thread in the right folder here in my group. I moved it because it was not a "General Daily Random" topic.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Lori, Julian is very aware of what's being done. Julian has been warned in the Librarians and Feedback groups that this is not the way to post on Goodreads, and has been given some very good advice there on how to make friends and grow their own group. Julian has posted back that Julian's intent is to ignore our advice and keep posting to groups about his group. I doubt the group will get many, if any, members this way.

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Get out! Why is he still around then? If he is blantantly spamming, they should delete his profile.
Nuts to me for trying to be nice!

JG (Introverted Reader) No spam pictures? I'm disappointed!

message 6: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Well, we dont want to jump the spam gun so quickly.....

I want to try to steer these posters in the right direction first. If they push back or get snippy, then we can attack.

I dont want to give goodreads a bad name by attacking people who honestly arent paying attention.

The Feedback team are working on a message alert that will pop up the first time a new member attemtps to post that moderators can set to explain how the group and posting within the group works. Hopefully that will catch thier attention since the rules and guidelines Ive posted dont seem to do so!

message 7: by Ed (new)

Ed (ejhahn) | 193 comments Julian even made his profile private. (Aside from not capitalizing his I's)

A bit of a jerk, I think.

message 8: by John (new)

John Jeter | 5 comments That's kind, Lori.