Addicted to YA discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Features > October 2017 Author Feature: Angel Chadwick!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (last edited Oct 01, 2017 09:51AM) (new)

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) | 1545 comments Mod
Hello Addicted to YA! This month we are featuring *Drumroll Please* Angel Chadwick! Let’s have a warm welcome for her here on this thread!!

Author Bio: I am an indie author who writes all genres, plays and an inventor.

I am currently separated and have a ten year old son who is autistic/nonverbal and making steady and exceptional progress daily. I will write his biography one day in the near future. And yes, I will be self-publishing it.

My novel "Weeping Well" is revised and has been re-released (July 2017) and is now on Amazon and other online participating stores in paperback and e-book. A sequel to "Weeping Well" will be added starting from 2008-2010. "Weeping Well" will be a four book series.

I have been writing for 25 years since I was 13 years old.

I have self-published my first of many books called "Corridors of My Mind," a nonfiction memoir about my life written in the form of poetry.

I have been published before in poetry anthologies a number of times before when I was very young through poetry contests.

When I was fifteen years old, I was once offered a publishing contract by Harlequin, although they didn't know how young I was at the time and I stupidly decided not to sign, I regret it still to this day and think I have bad author karma because of it. My mother said I should sign but, I didn't listen (Mom's usually know best, I should've listened) I wasn't as confident about my writing back then.

But, I always wanted to be an indie author. I wrote for my college newspaper and yearbook when I was nineteen majoring in English and Journalism.

I love mixing genres and subgenres, subplots and plots. I mix it up until its a quagmire/ paradox of infinite plots twists and turns, etc.

I am literally incapable of writing any other way. Besides, I get bored easily and crave and use the glory of unpredictability in my writing. My writing is very unique and I go beyond the edge of literature.

Book Series Name: Weeping Well

Book Description: Fear is like a looking glass....

Q&A

Do you have a Guilty Pleasure book?
No. I tend to read whatever I feel like reading.

What is your favorite quote?
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken"
-Oscar Wilde

What is your favorite movie and why?
The Inherited. It was a Lifetime Network Movie. It was one of the few movies I found had substance.

What is your favorite genre to read? To write?
I like to read Sci-fi/Fantasy, Mystery/Thriller, but I'm a fan of lots of genres. I like to write all genres, except erotica. I don't write erotica.

Which authors inspire you?
Edgar Allan Poe, Bret Harte, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, the list goes on and on.

What is the best part about being an author?
Creating characters, worldbuilding, plotting, storytelling, all the above.

Give us an insight into your main character. What does she do that is so special?
She's the ultimate survivor.

What was the hardest thing about writing your last book?
Releasing and Rereleasing

Catch up with Angel Chadwick and find out more info at the links below!
Amazon Link | Goodreads Link | Amazon Author Page | Facebook

message 2: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 5194 comments The link got the trailer takes me to the last author featured.

message 3: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new)

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) | 1545 comments Mod
Jasmine wrote: "The link got the trailer takes me to the last author featured."

Sorry about that! I forgot to take that section out : )

message 4: by Eric (new)

Eric Klein (wheelguyeric102963) are your books about your terrific son in a way?

message 5: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer | 328 comments Good interview. :-)

message 6: by Angel (last edited Oct 02, 2017 08:07AM) (new)

Angel | 56 comments Eric wrote: "are your books about your terrific son in a way?"

Hi, Eric! Thanks for your question. There are mentions of him in my first book and in my second one Weeping Well. A tidbit of the main character's characterization is loosely based on my son. But you'll have to read Weeping Well to try and find out what that is.

message 7: by Angel (new)

Angel | 56 comments Lynne wrote: "Good interview. :-)"

Hi, Lynne! Thank you!

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 129 comments Angel wrote: "Eric wrote: "are your books about your terrific son in a way?"

Hi, Eric! Thanks for your question. There are mentions of him in my first book and in my second one Weeping Well. A tidbit of the ma..."

Hello Angel, I think it is awesome that you bring awareness to your son and his condition in such a natural way. I have one on the spectrum as well. Just turned 16. *Hugs* wishing you the best writing success.

message 9: by Tacey Raye (new)

Tacey Raye I love that u write about your son. Thank u for bringing awareness to people about Autism. I have several friends and family members on the spectrum.

message 10: by Angel (last edited Oct 06, 2017 02:53PM) (new)

Angel | 56 comments Heidi wrote: "Angel wrote: "Eric wrote: "are your books about your terrific son in a way?"

Hi, Eric! Thanks for your question. There are mentions of him in my first book and in my second one Weeping Well. A ti..."

Thank you, Heidi! Same to you and your family as well! Wow sixteen! My son's ten. Time flies and I'm already scared of him becoming a teenager.

message 11: by Angel (last edited Oct 06, 2017 02:54PM) (new)

Angel | 56 comments Tacey Raye wrote: "I love that u write about your son. Thank u for bringing awareness to people about Autism. I have several friends and family members on the spectrum."

Thank you so much, Tacey! I am first, foremost and always my son's advocate. All the best to you and your family. My son is a hero. What he battles and overcomes everyday is remarkable. I only hope that all that I am and all that I do, (maybe one day) I can be seen through his eyes as his hero, too.

message 12: by Angel (last edited Nov 18, 2017 07:59AM) (new)

Angel | 56 comments My novel Weeping Well has just been nominated for a Reader's Choice Award. It's on page 10 in the Mystery Category. Scroll down and you will see the title Weeping Well and the book cover Weeping Well (Weeping Well, #1) by Angel M.B. Chadwick . Click there to vote. Please vote for me at this site: https://www.tckpublishing.com/readers...

Thank you! *Deadline is December 10, 2017.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.