Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > October Purchases 2017

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1864 comments Mod
Share your October book buys here.

message 2: by Dimitri (last edited Oct 05, 2017 12:00AM) (new)

message 3: by Joseph (new)

Origin (Robert Langdon, #5) by Dan Brown Death in St. Petersburg (Lady Emily, #12) by Tasha Alexander Familiar Motives (Witch's Cat Mystery, #3) by Delia James

message 5: by Joseph (new)

A couple more just arrived: The New Annotated H.P. Lovecraft by H.P. Lovecraft Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2) by Diana Gabaldon

message 6: by Cammie (last edited Oct 26, 2017 11:45AM) (new)

Cammie | 108 comments October purchases

Thorn in My Heart by Liz Curtis Higgs Silent in the Grave (Lady Julia Grey, #1) by Deanna Raybourn The Midwife's Revolt by Jodi Daynard Blind Spot (Chesapeake Valor, #3) by Dani Pettrey Murder in an Irish Village by Carlene O'Connor Geekerella by Ashley Poston Just Look Up by Courtney Walsh The Christmas Angel Project by Melody Carlson Glory in Death (In Death, #2) by J.D. Robb The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis The Rules of Magic A Novel by Alice Hoffman That Inevitable Victorian Thing by E.K. Johnston Unleashing a Radical People by David Platt Life Is _____. God's Illogical Love Will Change Your Existence by Judah Smith The Martian by Andy Weir

audiobooks - 7
ebooks - 8

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda | 13 comments The Marsh King's Daughter by Karen Dionne A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman from an independent bookstore
Quite Enough of Calvin Trillin Forty Years of Funny Stuff by Calvin Trillin
Backstory Inside the Business of News by Ken Auletta The Summer Before the War by Helen Simonson at the Petoskey, MI FOL bookstore (in the library)
Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish by David Rakoff The Vegetarian by Han Kang at my local Champaign County Ohio library book sale

Seema ♥Nerdgirl♥ (brotherlyloveisbeautiful) | 43 comments ordered Last Chance (Rains, #2) by Gregg Hurwitz

message 9: by Louise (new)

Louise | 280 comments I'm home sick with a cold, so was very happy when the mailman brought these today! Browse The World in Bookshops by Henry Hitchings The Decadent Reader Fiction, Fantasy, and Perversion from Fin-de-Siècle France by Asti Hustvedt

message 10: by Dimitri (new)

Dimitri | 109 comments Get well soon, those teas & cocos will go down easier with a good book.

message 11: by Joshie (last edited Oct 13, 2017 05:21AM) (new)

Joshie (jgabcdefg) | 17 comments Get well soon, Louise!

Friend dragged me to go to the biggest bookstore here and I've grabbed a lot of books as expected. I cannot resist.

Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? by Jeanette Winterson The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #2) by Douglas Adams A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain The Fall by Albert Camus Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut Jr. A Suspension of Mercy by Patricia Highsmith Selected Poems by Anne Sexton Turtles All the Way Down by John Green

message 12: by Dimitri (last edited Oct 13, 2017 05:59AM) (new)

Dimitri | 109 comments Somebody died and threw out his 80's hardbacks, along with my no-buy resolution. [Covers match my editions]
Dunkirk Fight To The Last Man by Hugh Sebag-Montefiore Dunkirk: Fight To The Last Man by Hugh Sebag-Montefiore
Dunkirk Bible.
The Miracle of Dunkirk by Walter Lord The Miracle of Dunkirk by Walter Lord
Dunkirk and nothing but Dunkirk.
Bitter Victory by Carlo D'Este Bitter Victory by Carlo D'Este
Dieppe, 1942 by Ronald Atkin Dieppe, 1942 by Ronald Atkin
A Drop Too Many by John Frost A Drop Too Many by John Frost
British Airborne commander at Oosterbeek, Market Garden
Corps Commander by Brian Horrocks Corps Commander by Brian Horrocks
British XXX Corps, Market Garden
The Warsaw Ghetto Diaries by Hillel Seidman The Warsaw Ghetto Diaries by Hillel Seidman
the 'milk jug' diaries.

The Road To Passchendaeleby John Terraine
Room 40: British Naval Intelligence 1914 18 by Patrick Beesly

message 13: by Joseph (new)

Just a few more: Injustice Gods Among Us Year One, Vol. 1 by Tom Taylor DC Comics Bombshells Vol. 5 by Marguerite Bennett The Autobiography of Jean-Luc Picard by David A. Goodman A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1) by Kevin Hearne A Scandal in Battersea by Mercedes Lackey Fury Calling (Fury Unbound #4) by Yasmine Galenorn Death in D Minor (Gethsemane Brown Mysteries, #2) by Alexia Gordon A Year and a Day of Everyday Witchcraft 366 Ways to Witchify Your Life by Deborah Blake

message 14: by Lára (new)

Lára  | 174 comments I´m quite happy, I´ve managed to find another bookstore and bought:
The Silmarillion (the alternate cover, black edition)
Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-Earth

They´re so pretty:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Foster | 1 comments If I added all the books I’ve bought this month There’d be no room for anyone else

message 16: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 353 comments Sarah wrote: "If I added all the books I’ve bought this month There’d be no room for anyone else"

So it's been a good month. ;-)

message 17: by Karen M (last edited Oct 21, 2017 07:15PM) (new)

Karen M | 418 comments Purchased two ebooks, The Secret Wife and Summit.

I'm also awaiting delivery of six books I ordered online from Abebooks. Now I have to find some place to put them.

message 19: by Dimitri (last edited Oct 23, 2017 02:53AM) (new)

Dimitri | 109 comments the habitual Comic-con omnibus:
Deadpool Minibus, Vol. 1 by Cullen Bunn

message 20: by Larissa (new)

Larissa | 12 comments Venus by Tina Weiss The Dirty Streets of Heaven (Bobby Dollar, #1) by Tad Williams

And my best friend bought these two books for me: Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8) by Patricia Briggs Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9) by Patricia Briggs

message 21: by Larissa (new)

Larissa | 12 comments Lára wrote: "I´m quite happy, I´ve managed to find another bookstore and bought:
The Silmarillion (the alternate cover, black edition)
Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-Earth

T..."

Tolkien is always a good buy! And These covers are realy beautiful.

message 22: by Ilean (new)

Ilean (ileanfulton) | 242 comments Husband just got me a copy of “The Crown” the official companion about Queen Elizabeth ll. I also got in the mail from St Martins Press a preview copy of “Year One” by Nora Roberts. My TBR pile is Huuuuuuuggggggeeeee!

message 24: by Linda (last edited Nov 02, 2017 01:26PM) (new)

Linda | 13 comments My signed copy Turtles All the Way Down by John Green Turtles All the Way Down arrived on Monday.