Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > October Non-Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1959 comments Mod
Decided to listen to another genre outside of romance? Share with us the non-romance you are listening to this month.

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4085 comments Mod
I’m listening to Don't Let Go by Harlan Coben.
Don't Let Go by Harlan Coben

message 3: by Samantha (new)

I'm listening to Six of Crows Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo . I wanted to switch it up a bit.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Don't Let Go by Harlan Coben and loved it. Coben is an auto read and here’s my review.

I’m listening to My Husband's Wife by Amanda Prowse.
Don't Let Go by Harlan Coben My Husband's Wife by Amanda Prowse

message 5: by hammerpixie (last edited Oct 07, 2017 10:45PM) (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments I've been listening to (and loving) the Psy Cop series by Jordan Castillo Price. Just finished Book #7. When I recommended this to a friend she said, "You had me at 'gay Harry Dresden'" (-:
The writing is genuinely fantastic and the narrator couldn't possibly be a better fit.

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Thanks for that feedback, hammerpixie!

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to My Husband's Wife by Amanda Prowse and really enjoyed it. Here’s my review.

I’m now listening to The Sunshine Sisters by Jane Green.
My Husband's Wife by Amanda Prowse The Sunshine Sisters by Jane Green

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to The Sunshine Sisters by Jane Green and found it fascinating. Here’s my review.

I’m now listening to Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman.
The Sunshine Sisters by Jane Green Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman

message 9: by Book (new)

Book (1000books) | 10 comments My Husband's Wifeis so sad but so well done. I read the book them listened to it on Audible.
Right now I am listening to Seeing Red. Not too far into it yet.

message 10: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments Jonetta wrote: "I finished listening to The Sunshine Sisters by Jane Green and found it fascinating. Here’s my review.

I’m now listening to [book:Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine..."

How was Eleanor Oliphant? It's on my wish list.

message 11: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments I'm starting John Green's newest today:
Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
Turtles All the Way Down

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

hammerpixie wrote: "How was Eleanor Oliphant? It's on my wish list...."

Still listening. So far, so good.

message 13: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments I'm listening to A Dragon of a Different Color (Heartstrikers, #4) by Rachel Aaron and it's so freaking GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

Man I love this series...don't know how I'll wait a year for the final book in the series!!

message 14: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman, a unique and interesting story I loved. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to Vermilion Drift by William Kent Krueger, Cork O’Connor #10.
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman Vermilion Drift (Cork O'Connor, #10) by William Kent Krueger

message 15: by Samantha (new)

I started The Fate of Mercy Alban The Fate of Mercy Alban by Wendy Webb and it is enjoyable so far.

message 16: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Vermilion Drift by William Kent Krueger, Cork O’Connor #10, and I’m finally over my funk about the last book. This has all the classic elements I love about the series. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to The Black Box by Michael Connelly, Harry Bosch Universe #22 (almost done).
Vermilion Drift (Cork O'Connor, #10) by William Kent Krueger The Black Box (Harry Bosch, #18; Harry Bosch Universe, #22) by Michael Connelly

message 17: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments Just finished:
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Finej
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman

One of those perfect marriages between writer and narrator. A real gem for sure and one of my favorite listens in recent memory.
The author's voice is absolutely unique.

message 18: by Jonetta (new)

hammerpixie wrote: "Just finished:

One of those perfect marriages between writer and narrator. A real gem ..."

Completely agree!

message 19: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments Jonetta wrote: "hammerpixie wrote: "Just finished:

One of those perfect marriages between writer and n..."

I read that Reese Witherspoon's production company picked up the film rights back in May with Reese speculated to play the leading role. The same article said Gail Honeymon's second novel is in the works. I hope it's still about Eleanor. I'd love to see how she navigates a romantic relationship.

message 20: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to The Black Box by Michael Connelly, Harry Bosch Universe #24, and really enjoyed this one, despite the change in narrators. Here’s my review.
The Black Box (Harry Bosch, #18; Harry Bosch Universe, #24) by Michael Connelly

message 21: by Jonetta (new)

Great news about Reese Witherspoon optioning Eleanor Oliphant! So far, she’s done a great job with the books she’s developed into film.

message 22: by Samantha (new)

I just finished The Wait: A Powerful Practice for Finding the Love of Your Life and the Life You Love The Wait A Powerful Practice for Finding the Love of Your Life and the Life You Love by DeVon Franklin which I listened to for a discussion with some colleagues. I also finished The Fate of Mercy Alban The Fate of Mercy Alban by Wendy Webb which was good.

message 23: by Samantha (new)

I decided to start listening to Grace by Natashia Deón Grace by Natashia Deón . New author and Narrator to me.

message 24: by Jonetta (new)

I’m now listening to The Horse Dancer by Jojo Moyes.
The Horse Dancer by Jojo Moyes

message 25: by Samantha (new)

Samantha wrote: "I decided to start listening to Grace by Natashia DeónGrace by Natashia Deón. New author and Narrator to me."

I am listening to this one but gosh there is so much pain to this story. The narrator is good. The story is going good but the switch of characzters is throwing me a bit.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.