The Novelholics Pub discussion

Little Women
This topic is about Little Women
BUDDY READ: CLASSICS/LITERATURE > Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - Starting 1st of October, 2017

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Following the lives of four sisters on a journey out of adolescence, Louisa May Alcott's Little Women explores the difficulties associated with gender roles in a Post-Civil War America.

Feel free to join us in the chats here!

message 2: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya Amlin (mayaamlin) | 32 comments Finally started reading this book. I hope that I enjoy reading it. Yikes!

message 3: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya Amlin (mayaamlin) | 32 comments Chapter 1: (view spoiler)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, it was fun reading and that part, when Jo says, "I'll be what he wants me to be. I'll be his little woman" or something like that. Haha!

message 5: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya Amlin (mayaamlin) | 32 comments Chapter 3: (view spoiler)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, did you not complete the chapter? Jo does meet Laurie in the party and they enjoy it a lot. He was such a perfect gentleman that he even dropped them back home. Oh, if you haven't read the book before, then I have a huge spoiler for you. (view spoiler)

Read it at your own risk!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Chapter 11 done: (view spoiler)

message 8: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya Amlin (mayaamlin) | 32 comments Ch 13 done: Read castles in the air. It was fun. I can definitely relate to Beth, her castles and burdens are so sweet and down-to-earth. :)

message 9: by Maya (new) - added it

Maya Amlin (mayaamlin) | 32 comments Ritika wrote: "Chapter 11 done: It was fun reading about the dinner and I really love their mother, she has such a sweet way of telling them what is fine and what is not!

And Amy falling in the river? OH. MY. G..."

That was such a bad experience for me. I mean, I get that Amy did a bad thing but burning the book, but she is Jo's sister for god's sake! She couldn't let her simply drown!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

toogoodtobeyou wrote: "Ritika wrote: "Chapter 11 done: It was fun reading about the dinner and I really love their mother, she has such a sweet way of telling them what is fine and what is not!

And Amy falling in the r..."

I know right! That's totally like saying, "I don't care about you at all! It doesn't matter to me whether you're my sister or not. You burned my stories so this is just," even though she regretted it later on, but that's another thing. Haha!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Anyway, let me know when you want the thread for the next book. :)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Chapter 21 done: (view spoiler)