YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

A Tyranny of Petticoats (A Tyranny of Petticoats, #1)
This topic is about A Tyranny of Petticoats
BUDDY READ: Historical Fiction > A Tyranny of Petticoats, by Jessica Spotswood

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Riddhi (last edited Oct 01, 2017 04:33AM) (new) - added it

Riddhi Mazumder (goodreadscomriddhi_desiderium) | 670 comments

From an impressive sisterhood of YA writers comes an edge-of-your-seat anthology of historical fiction and fantasy featuring a diverse array of daring heroines.

Criss-cross America — on dogsleds and ships, stagecoaches and trains — from pirate ships off the coast of the Carolinas to the peace, love, and protests of 1960s Chicago. Join fifteen of today’s most talented writers of young adult literature on a thrill ride through history with American girls charting their own course. They are monsters and mediums, bodyguards and barkeeps, screenwriters and schoolteachers, heiresses and hobos. They're making their own way in often-hostile lands, using every weapon in their arsenals, facing down murderers and marriage proposals. And they all have a story to tell.

With stories by:
J. Anderson Coats
Andrea Cremer
Y. S. Lee
Katherine Longshore
Marie Lu
Kekla Magoon
Marissa Meyer
Saundra Mitchell
Beth Revis
Caroline Tung Richmond
Lindsay Smith
Jessica Spotswood
Robin Talley
Leslye Walton
Elizabeth Wein

message 2: by Riddhi (new) - added it

Riddhi Mazumder (goodreadscomriddhi_desiderium) | 670 comments Mother Carey’s Table:-This seems to be some pirate story.I don't know, let's find out.

message 3: by Shae (new) - added it

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Yes it does which will be interesting :D

message 4: by Shae (last edited Oct 02, 2017 12:10AM) (new) - added it

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Mother Carey's Table (view spoiler)

message 5: by Riddhi (last edited Oct 02, 2017 07:01PM) (new) - added it

Riddhi Mazumder (goodreadscomriddhi_desiderium) | 670 comments Mother Carey's Table(view spoiler)

message 6: by Riddhi (last edited Oct 02, 2017 07:02PM) (new) - added it

Riddhi Mazumder (goodreadscomriddhi_desiderium) | 670 comments Mother Carey's Table(view spoiler)

message 7: by Shae (new) - added it

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments (view spoiler)

message 8: by Shae (new) - added it

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Starting The Journey now :)

message 9: by Riddhi (new) - added it

Riddhi Mazumder (goodreadscomriddhi_desiderium) | 670 comments Okay.I'll get started on that.

message 10: by Shae (new) - added it

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Awesome. What Timezone are you in? It's like we always are able to read at similiar times. I'm in Australia.

The Journey by Marie Lu
(view spoiler)

message 11: by Riddhi (new) - added it

Riddhi Mazumder (goodreadscomriddhi_desiderium) | 670 comments It is 2:20 p.m. in India when it is 7:47 p.m in Australia.

message 12: by Shae (new) - added it

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Ok cool, so your from India :) Most people seem to be from the US or England and I tend to be on completely opposite reading schedules haha so its nice to have someone that has day when I have day :D

message 13: by Riddhi (new) - added it

Riddhi Mazumder (goodreadscomriddhi_desiderium) | 670 comments The Journey by Marie Lu
I too liked the Alaskan setting.I have never read a Marie Lu book before(ashamed as I am), but I have only heard good things about her writing.So, I had high expectations from this one.And I am very pleased.Her writing is so good, I could picturise whatever I read.
I think I like it better than the first story.I will give it a 4.5.

message 14: by Riddhi (last edited Oct 03, 2017 08:28PM) (new) - added it

Riddhi Mazumder (goodreadscomriddhi_desiderium) | 670 comments I have a thing for survival stories.
Anyway,
I found this Pinterest board of https://in.pinterest.com/mreefish/yak... in someone's review.It is Marie Lu's inspiration board for the story.
I am a Pinterest addict, so I had to check it out.

message 15: by Shae (new) - added it

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Loved that Pinterest board. You could totally see the inspiration there! What did you search to find that? I never think to do that with books :)

message 16: by Riddhi (new) - added it

Riddhi Mazumder (goodreadscomriddhi_desiderium) | 670 comments I found out about Marie Lu's Pinterest account from her official site.
You know, where they provide the links to her social media accounts.