The Novelholics Pub discussion

Little Women / Good Wives / Little Men
SERIES READ ALONG > Little Women Series - Starting 1st October, 2017

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Little Women, Good Wives, Little Men and Jo's Boys are a series of novels by American author Louisa May Alcott (1832-1888). The books are loosely based on the author's childhood experiences with her three sisters. The novels are classics - the publisher unable to keep up with the demand when the first book in the series was published. Themes of romance, family drama, gender constraints and the validation of virtue over wealth are explored in these timeless stories.

Have fun reading the series!

message 2: by Maya (new)

Maya Amlin (mayaamlin) | 32 comments Okay, so I've started reading the first book. I'm kind of excited about it since well, since I got to know about this back when I was watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Joey and Rachelle loved this book, so I'm going to give it a go. I might read The Shining later on. LOLOLOL!

message 3: by Maya (new)

Maya Amlin (mayaamlin) | 32 comments Chapter one: (view spoiler)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

(view spoiler)

message 5: by Maya (new)

Maya Amlin (mayaamlin) | 32 comments Couldn't update or read since a while but anyway, chapter three reading so far:
(view spoiler)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, they were quite sad, weren't they? I mean, it felt awful seeing how badly they were trying to make both ends meet. I just hope that things are better later on. :(

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Chapter 11 done: (view spoiler)

message 8: by Maya (new)

Maya Amlin (mayaamlin) | 32 comments Ch 13 done: Read castles in the air. It was fun. I can definitely relate to Beth, her castles and burdens are so sweet and down-to-earth. :)

message 9: by Maya (new)

Maya Amlin (mayaamlin) | 32 comments Ritika wrote: "Chapter 11 done: It was fun reading about the dinner and I really love their mother, she has such a sweet way of telling them what is fine and what is not!

And Amy falling in the river? OH. MY. G..."

That was such a bad experience for me. I mean, I get that Amy did a bad thing but burning the book, but she is Jo's sister for god's sake! She couldn't let her simply drown!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

toogoodtobeyou wrote: "Ritika wrote: "Chapter 11 done: It was fun reading about the dinner and I really love their mother, she has such a sweet way of telling them what is fine and what is not!

And Amy falling in the r..."

I know right! That's totally like saying, "I don't care about you at all! It doesn't matter to me whether you're my sister or not. You burned my stories so this is just," even though she regretted it later on, but that's another thing. Haha!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Book 1: Chapter 21 done: (view spoiler)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Chapter 25 : Book 2: (view spoiler)