The Discussion People!!!!! discussion

General > Introduce your self!!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews (silversreviews) I posted in the wrong place...sorry.

I am Elizabeth...my favorite book is Shadow of the Wind.

Going to Barcelona this week to try to find the streets in the book.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan Ellis | 2 comments My name is Susan. The most outstanding thing about me is that I'm Julian's mom. We're going to the beach for a week and I'm looking for a good seaside novel to get lost in. Any ideas?

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews (silversreviews) Breathing Room by Susan Elizabeth Phillips is a light, fun read....it is in Italy and has some romance in it. :)

message 4: by Ilyn (new)

Ilyn Ross (Ilyn_Ross) | 1 comments Hello Julian, Elizabeth, Susan, and everyone. I'm Ilyn Ross, author of Reason Reigns and Royal Serf.

Julian, thank you for joining Goodreads Tea Party and for posting the invite to this group. Best wishes.

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan Ellis | 2 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Breathing Room by Susan Elizabeth Phillips is a light, fun read....it is in Italy and has some romance in it. :)
"

Thanks Elizabeth, I'll check it out. Good luck in Barcelona. Let us know how that works out.

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews (silversreviews) Thanks...I believe the streets are there, but some of the places in the book aren't.

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne | 1 comments I'm Anne, and I'm happy to join Julian's group. I know she's put a lot of effort into this and is really interested in having an active group.

I'm currently reading "The House at Sugar Beach", a book about the history of Liberia through the eyes of an eight year old girl (at this point, I'm only at the beginning of the book). I'm also reading Sherman Alexie's "Flight." It would be a good introduction to surrealism for teens. Also brings up some ethical questions...good for discussion.

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael Phelps (MichaelPhelps) | 1 comments Hi,
Thank you, Julian for inviting mwe to join this excellent group.

I have two books on the market today.
DAVID JANSSEN-MY FUGITIVE, is now avaliable in the Updated Fourth Edition (Hardcover). It is the only authorized Biography of the late actor, best known for his starring role as "THE FUGITIVE" on ABC Television. I Co-authored this book with his first wife, Ellie Janssen. It was originally published in 1994, and in Paperback in 1995 and 1996, selling over 1.2 million copies. Copies of the original are being sold as "Collector's copies" via the Internet at prices ranging from $66.00 to $220.00! UI have just released this Fourth Edition at the original 1994 Publication price of $18.95 (plus S&H).

My second, THE EXECUTION OF JUSTICE is based on the true story of teh murder of a close friend and one-time mentor, a Detective Sergeant in the Robbery & Homicide unit of the Indianapolis Police Department.
It is the debut novel, introducing readers to the "Mike Walsh Detective Novels" series.

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 05, 2011 01:31PM) (new)

Hello,

I'm an old writer who had some success publishing short fiction for a few years, and now I have a novel in print.
Paperboy: A Dysfunctional Novel

(The setting is Pawtucket, RI)

best wishes,
BT
www.bobthurber.net