New Adult Book Club discussion

Author Q+A's > Erin Watt Q&A

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 2115 comments

This week we have the amazing and highly popular Erin Watt! Erin Watt is the brain child of 2 equally fantastic best selling authors Elle Kennedy and Jen Frederick! This dynamic duo make one awesome team!

Erin Watt is the author of the much loved THE ROYALS series including Paper Princess, BrokenPrince, Twisted Palace, Fallen Heir and When It's Real.

Leave your questions for Erin Below!

message 2: by Luana (new)

Luana (pirilua) | 29 comments How did you first come up with the awesomeness that is the Royals? Did you find inspiration in real life or in a dream...? Love you!

message 3: by Steffi (new)

Steffi De Ceuster  ♥ | 71 comments What do you do to get your inspiration back when it's taking a walk? Do you try to get it back or do you just try to relax and let it get back to you on it's own?

message 4: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (nzhouey) | 29 comments Do you have any plans to start a new series not connected to the Royals?

message 5: by Marta (new)

Marta | 5 comments How do you 2 writers assemble a book? Are there rules you two follow to share the writing? The result it is anyway amazing! :)

message 6: by Bec (new)

Bec (sowrongitsbec) What inspired the idea for When It's Real?

message 7: by Grey (new)

Grey | 40 comments Not really a question per se...just wanted to say, thank you so much for the countless hours of entertainment you both have brought readers worldwide. Ok, actually, I did think of a silly question. If you had were stranded with ONE of the Royals a desert aisle...who would it be and why?

message 8: by Lisa :) (new)

Lisa :) | 7 comments How do you work out disagreements while working on a book together? Or didn't you have any?

Bookphenomena (Micky)  (bookphenomena) These covers are some of my favourites. Where did your inspiration come from for them?

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Scholz | 58 comments How do the two of you decide what you'll write?

message 11: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 120 comments Is the Cracked Kingdom the final book in the Royal series? Also, are you going to write a book about the twins?

message 12: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (jackiebrown89) | 53 comments Which character of yours is your favorite and why?

Marisa (Mirroredpages) (mirroredpages) Would you ever do another book set in the When It's Real universe?

message 14: by SinfulSoulRead (new)

SinfulSoulRead | 15 comments Hello, ladies :) My question is: How did you share your work while writing The Royals? I am really curious how authors can write the story as a team :) Thank you for answer <3

message 15: by S.Shade (new)

S.Shade | 170 comments Hello :) how do you come up with the names for the characters in your books?

message 16: by ~Viktorija~ (new)

~Viktorija~ | 698 comments Heey! Just wanted to ask about how many books there will be in The Royals series? ^^

message 17: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Manuel (stephanieman1234) | 21 comments How did you guys come up with your pen name? I always wondered if its inspired by something or just random.

message 18: by Chloe (new)

Chloe reads (chloe_readsbooks) | 4 comments Hiiiii,

Will there be any more books in The Royals series after Easton's story? xx

message 19: by Betül (new)

Betül (gemiinii) | 135 comments What are some of the challenges you guys faced when you co-wrote this series?

message 20: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Dehart | 133 comments How do you celebrate finishing a book or series?

message 21: by Erin (new)

Erin Watt | 63 comments Luana wrote: "How did you first come up with the awesomeness that is the Royals? Did you find inspiration in real life or in a dream...? Love you!"

It actually started during a text conversation we were having about what we thought would make the ultimate YA book. We started throwing around ideas and next thing you know we had plotted the Royals!

message 22: by Erin (new)

Erin Watt | 63 comments Steffi wrote: "What do you do to get your inspiration back when it's taking a walk? Do you try to get it back or do you just try to relax and let it get back to you on it's own?"

We're very lucky that we're never stuck for long. One of the best parts about writing with another person is if you do hit the creative wall you have someone you can use as a sounding board, or someone who can help suggest ideas.

message 23: by Erin (new)

Erin Watt | 63 comments Natalie wrote: "Do you have any plans to start a new series not connected to the Royals?"

We have a LOT of ideas kicking around at the moment. Believe us when we say this is not the end of Erin Watt ;)

message 24: by Erin (new)

Erin Watt | 63 comments Marta wrote: "How do you 2 writers assemble a book? Are there rules you two follow to share the writing? The result it is anyway amazing! :)"

Thank you so much!! Every writing duo does it a bit differently, but for us we try to sent word goals and email the manuscript back and forth. Whoever receives it next goes through and reads, maybe makes a few tweaks here-and-there, and then they add their next part on. We're always very excited to receive it back so we can see what the other person has come up with :)

message 25: by Erin (new)

Erin Watt | 63 comments Bec wrote: "What inspired the idea for When It's Real?"

Maybe not so much the inspiration, but we've all had the rockstar crush when we were younger (and maybe some of us still do..) but we liked the idea of writing what it'd be like to be a perfectly normal girl suddenly finding herself in that world.. even if it started as a fake romance ;)

message 26: by Erin (new)

Erin Watt | 63 comments Grey wrote: "Not really a question per se...just wanted to say, thank you so much for the countless hours of entertainment you both have brought readers worldwide. Ok, actually, I did think of a silly question...."

Awww! Thank you so much for reading us! We're going to go with Easton, because if nothing else we're sure to be highly entertained!

message 27: by Erin (new)

Erin Watt | 63 comments *lisa93* wrote: "How do you work out disagreements while working on a book together? Or didn't you have any?"

Everyone is bound to have a disagreement or two when working with another person, but we're very lucky we're also good friends, so if one of us doesn't particularly like something we can sit down and talk about it.. but we also both know it's about picking our battles. When you sit down and ask yourself "is this something that is actually worth sitting down to discuss?" sometimes you realize it is, and sometimes you just let it go :)

message 28: by Erin (new)

Erin Watt | 63 comments Sarah wrote: "How do the two of you decide what you'll write?"

We both brainstorm and pitch ideas to each other. The ones we both get really excited about are the winners ;)

message 29: by Erin (new)

Erin Watt | 63 comments Beatrice wrote: "Is the Cracked Kingdom the final book in the Royal series? Also, are you going to write a book about the twins?"

Cracked Kingdom is set to be the last book in the Royals series. It's hard sometimes to let go of a series, especially if there's been a lot of characters contributing to the story, but you can't always write a story for everyone without losing some of the initial integrity of the story..

message 30: by Erin (new)

Erin Watt | 63 comments Jacqueline wrote: "Which character of yours is your favorite and why?"

Jen prefer Reed, and is a big fan of his strong, possessive-but-protective personality.

Elle prefers Easton because as much as he acts like he can totally take care of himself, he needs someone along the way to remind him it's ok to be vulnerable.

message 31: by Erin (new)

Erin Watt | 63 comments Marisa (Mirroredpages) wrote: "Would you ever do another book set in the When It's Real universe?"

Potentially? The universe is very much our own, but we have no plans to write anymore books that would relate back to When It's Real.

message 32: by Erin (new)

Erin Watt | 63 comments SinfulSoul_ wrote: "Hello, ladies :) My question is: How did you share your work while writing The Royals? I am really curious how authors can write the story as a team :) Thank you for answer <3"

We email our manuscript back and forth, setting writing quotas that need to be hit before it's sent to the other person. Every writing pair does it a bit differently though :)

message 33: by Erin (new)

Erin Watt | 63 comments ~Victoria~ wrote: "Heey! Just wanted to ask about how many books there will be in The Royals series? ^^"

5 actual books, and the 1 online novella.

message 34: by Erin (new)

Erin Watt | 63 comments Stephanie wrote: "How did you guys come up with your pen name? I always wondered if its inspired by something or just random."

It's actually a combination of our 2 favorite football players Aaron Rodgers and J.J. Watt. It was actually our mutual love of football that got us talking :)

message 35: by Erin (new)

Erin Watt | 63 comments Chloe wrote: "Hiiiii,

Will there be any more books in The Royals series after Easton's story? xx"

No, sorry :(

message 36: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 4 comments I am obsessed with the Royals! You gals are the Queens of the cliffhanger. I am curious did you set out to this intentionally (have major ridiculously awesome cliffhangers at the end of each book)? Thanks.

message 37: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 4 comments I am so curious how you two write The Royals series. I saw that you answered a bit of how you do this. But I am curious a) if there are 2 POVs will one of you always write one or are you both writing both? b) do you talk about where the storyline will go in advance? Or does whoever is working on the next part get to decide where the story goes? Thanks.

message 38: by Let Your Heart Rule Your Read Book Blog (last edited Oct 01, 2017 11:26PM) (new)

Let Your Heart Rule Your Read Book Blog | 5 comments Dear Erin!

What's your message to Hungarian readers?

In Hungary, Paper Princess has already released, they love it so much, and they love you, too! :) <3

#TheRoyalsRuinedAllofUs

message 39: by Mercedes (new)

Mercedes | 257 comments How did you guys decide to start writing together? Any genres/tropes that you guys want to venture into in the future or want to stay far away from? Thanks!

message 40: by Sabine (new)

Sabine (thepurplecandlebooks) Hey Erin, I just wanted to say that I just finished reading the entire series (minus Easton's book) for the second time and boy, do I love your writing! I also just found out about Easton's book, and then immediately ordered it, so I can't wait to read it! Already thrilled for the fifth book to come out, too, of course. I was really wondering if there'll be a book about Gideon? I read somewhere that the next will probably be about the twins — something I'll probably enjoy thoroughly — but I can't deny that I know quite little of Gid and I would love nothing more than to change that. Is there anything in the works or is it still unspeakable?? Just really dying to know here!!

message 41: by Zeljka (new)

Zeljka | 101 comments Hi guys! I wanted to congratulate you on the great success you've had with the Royals series all over the world - hi from Serbia; I'm a big fan! I'm curious if you expected this big of a success when you decided to write and publish together. And which was the one character you struggled to write about the most - like the hardest one to profile etc.?

Reading with 2 book lovers | 78 comments How did you decide to become erin watt togther?

message 43: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Holbert | 12 comments Was it easy to write this series for the two of you? P.s I might be going to Apollycon next year, and can't wait to meet you guys!

message 44: by kgagnon (new)

kgagnon (skkgagnon) | 20 comments Did you want to collaborate first and then came up with the idea for this series or were you brainstorming/talking about writing and then decided it was an epic idea and it would be great to team up? :)

message 45: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 733 comments Who are some of your favorite authors?

message 46: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Monroe | 51 comments What was your most favorite (or most memorable) part in the Royal series? Was it easy to co-write a series?

#TheRoyalsRuinedMe #LoveThisSeriesHard

message 47: by RentasticReads (new)

RentasticReads | 35 comments Who is your favorite Royal and why? Also, I'm not sure if this has already been asked or addressed previously, but will we be getting a story for the twins too? :)

message 48: by Inga Lady Of Bookland (last edited Oct 15, 2017 01:52AM) (new)

Inga Lady Of Bookland (ladyofbookland) | 8 comments Hi! I loved The Royals series so much, thank you for bringing The Royal brothers into my life! I was wondering, which Reed and Ella's scene is your favorite one?

message 49: by NinaDonata (new)

NinaDonata Delfs | 19 comments Do you plan Charakters before writing? Or you just let them act like you are imagine how to have to act?
How the relationship between Lauren and the twins worked? Is a releasedate set for cracked kingdom?

message 50: by Emily (new)

Emily Katherine (emkaybee24) | 107 comments Where is your favorite place to write?

« previous 1 3