YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia - Restarting April 14th 2020

Comments Showing 1-50 of 136 (136 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Enne (new)

Enne (worldsofwords) | 123 comments Her story is a phenomenon. Her life is a disaster.

In the real world, Eliza Mirk is shy, weird, and friendless. Online, she’s LadyConstellation, the anonymous creator of the wildly popular webcomic Monstrous Sea. Eliza can’t imagine enjoying the real world as much as she loves the online one, and she has no desire to try.

Then Wallace Warland, Monstrous Sea’s biggest fanfiction writer, transfers to her school. Wallace thinks Eliza is just another fan, and as he draws her out of her shell, she begins to wonder if a life offline might be worthwhile.

But when Eliza’s secret is accidentally shared with the world, everything she’s built—her story, her relationship with Wallace, and even her sanity—begins to fall apart

message 2: by Enne (last edited Oct 05, 2017 06:26PM) (new)

Enne (worldsofwords) | 123 comments starting chapter 6
(view spoiler)

message 3: by Enne (new)

Enne (worldsofwords) | 123 comments starting chapter 27
(view spoiler)

starting chapter 30
(view spoiler)

starting chapter 32
(view spoiler)

starting chapter 34
(view spoiler)

message 4: by Shae (new)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Nadia - Bookish Book Nerd wrote: "starting chapter 6
[spoilers removed]"

Starting chapter 6 (view spoiler)

message 5: by Enne (new)

Enne (worldsofwords) | 123 comments Shae wrote: "Nadia - Bookish Book Nerd wrote: "starting chapter 6
[spoilers removed]"

Starting chapter 6 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 6: by Enne (new)

Enne (worldsofwords) | 123 comments finished book
(view spoiler)

message 7: by noor (last edited Oct 06, 2017 04:29PM) (new)

noor (smendes) | 285 comments Can I join? I have the book. I thought it was the 6th so I set it for the Friday on my calendar instead :/

message 8: by Enne (new)

Enne (worldsofwords) | 123 comments Noor wrote: "Can I join? I have the book. I thought it was the 6th so I set it for the Friday on my calendar instead :/"
sure, I already finished, but I'll discuss with you :)

message 9: by noor (new)

noor (smendes) | 285 comments Chapter 10..ik its been a while but life happened. ANyways i dont know how i feel about this book. its like...going at a slow pace and there isnt much action...maybe because its the beginning, idk. also, i dont like when she puts excerpts of her comic. im not a fan of that kind of fantasy and so it doesnt make sense 2 me

message 10: by noor (last edited Oct 15, 2017 01:32PM) (new)

noor (smendes) | 285 comments Chapter 25 (view spoiler)

message 11: by noor (new)

noor (smendes) | 285 comments chapter 35 (view spoiler)

message 12: by noor (new)

noor (smendes) | 285 comments Done (view spoiler)

message 14: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 19 comments Finished

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 19 comments Noor wrote: "chapter 35 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 16: by Alyssandra (new)

Alyssandra Hi! We are starting a new buddy read for this book. We are starting tomorrow. I am sorry that I am posting this late. We are reading five chapters a day. :) Please join, if you like.

message 17: by Cyana (new)

Cyana Scriptora (cscriptora) | 26 comments Chapter 1-5

(view spoiler)

message 18: by cerine (new)

cerine Chapters 1-7(since I had to force myself to stop reading)

I really like the writing so far and I can really connect to Eliza. I'm going to read up to chapter 10 tonight since i'm working all day tomorrow. Also, i really like how Wallace was introduced in the book.

message 19: by Cyana (new)

Cyana Scriptora (cscriptora) | 26 comments Chapter 6-15

(view spoiler)

message 20: by Alyssandra (new)

Alyssandra Cerine wrote: "Chapters 1-7(since I had to force myself to stop reading)

I really like the writing so far and I can really connect to Eliza. I'm going to read up to chapter 10 tonight since i'm working all day t..."

I can really connect to Eliza too. It is nice to read about someone who is similar. It makes you feel a little less weird.

message 21: by Alyssandra (new)

Alyssandra Chapter 1-5

(view spoiler)

message 22: by Alyssandra (new)

Alyssandra Cyana wrote: "Chapter 1-5

I like it so far. I'm most interested in Wallace's character. I get Eliza. She's artistic and doesn't quite fit in, but is a guru online. But why does Wallace write everything, he ..."

(view spoiler)

message 23: by Cyana (new)

Cyana Scriptora (cscriptora) | 26 comments Chapter 15-21 (view spoiler)

message 24: by cerine (new)

cerine I went from being on chapter 7 to catching up with you. (view spoiler)

message 25: by Cyana (new)

Cyana Scriptora (cscriptora) | 26 comments On Chapter 25 now-

(view spoiler)

message 26: by Alyssandra (new)

Alyssandra Chapter 6-13
I was sick this weekend, so I am behind! DX Hopefully, I can catch up tonight!

(view spoiler)

message 27: by Alyssandra (new)

Alyssandra Chapter 15-17

(view spoiler)

message 28: by Cyana (new)

Cyana Scriptora (cscriptora) | 26 comments Alyssandra wrote: "Chapter 15-17

I really wanted to get further in this book tonight, but Eliza is really bringing me down! Eliza's relationship with her family really bothers me. I feel like she is not giving her f..."

I feel the exact same way. It is hard to like Eliza right now. She is being rather selfish. I love her parents because they are at least trying to understand. It seems like she has a compulsive nature and she has let it get out of control. It is evident in Chapter 29... you'll see.

message 29: by Cyana (new)

Cyana Scriptora (cscriptora) | 26 comments Chapter 25-30

(view spoiler)

message 30: by cerine (new)

cerine Chapters 21-33

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

message 31: by Cyana (new)

Cyana Scriptora (cscriptora) | 26 comments Chapter 30!

(view spoiler)

message 32: by Cyana (new)

Cyana Scriptora (cscriptora) | 26 comments I couldn't stop reading. Not my fault! I finished you guys. Sorry, I wanted to wait, but it was just too good.

(view spoiler)

message 33: by Cyana (new)

Cyana Scriptora (cscriptora) | 26 comments Cerine wrote: "Chapters 21-33

[spoilers removed][spoilers removed]"

The brothers were awesome. I love the way they handled the situation.

message 34: by Alyssandra (new)

Alyssandra Cyana wrote: "I couldn't stop reading. Not my fault! I finished you guys. Sorry, I wanted to wait, but it was just too good.

Wow, what do I say about the last 13 chapters. First off, I wasn't happy with Wal..."

Hey! It is all good! I am glad you enjoyed it! I was finally able to get some reading in today and I got to chapter 29!! Wooh hooh!

message 35: by Alyssandra (new)

Alyssandra I have finally got some serious reading time in!
Chapter 18-29
Sorry, this post is really unorganized!

(view spoiler)

message 36: by Alyssandra (new)

Alyssandra Cyana wrote: "Chapter 15-21

Oh my gosh you guys, can we please talk about how sweet and funny Wallace is. His obsession with sweet potato pie.
"We are to be married in the spring. Only accuse me for loving he..."

(view spoiler)

message 37: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Feb 11, 2018 05:35AM) (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83068 comments Mod
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting February 14th 2018. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 38: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14078 comments Ch. 10 (view spoiler)

message 39: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Wait, is this starting on the 14th or the 2nd? xD

message 40: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14078 comments Skye wrote: "Wait, is this starting on the 14th or the 2nd? xD"

No idea. But I started the other day because I can only read a couple chapters at night.

message 41: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14078 comments Ch. 16 (view spoiler)

message 42: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14078 comments Ch. 31 (view spoiler)

message 43: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14078 comments Finished (view spoiler)

message 44: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83068 comments Mod
✨Skye✨ wrote: "Wait, is this starting on the 14th or the 2nd? xD"

Sorry, it is the 14th ☺

message 45: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Up to chapter 10 (view spoiler)

message 46: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Andrea wrote: "Ch. 10 [spoilers removed]"

Yes, I love the friendships in this already! They're hilarious and I love the good portrayal of internet friends.

message 47: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14078 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "Up to chapter 10 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 48: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14078 comments There's another book coming out this year and it reminded me of this one so if you end up liking this Skye you should check out Ship It by Britta Lundin !

message 49: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Ooh, might have to put that on pre-order! Looks like my kind of thing.

message 50: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments 43% (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ship It (other topics)