Classic Trash discussion

Anno Dracula (Anno Dracula, #1)
This topic is about Anno Dracula
Anno Dracula > Anno Dracula: Finished (Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Adelaide Blair | 1016 comments Mod
This topic is for those who have finished the book. Feel free to spoil away!

message 2: by Cheryl (last edited Oct 12, 2017 03:12PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cheryl | 906 comments I just finished it. 3 stars. The story definitely picked up after the 20% mark. I thought there was way too much thrown at the reader in the beginning, and found that overwhelming. Lots of vampire politics, which surprised me. I'd call the book more Alternate History than Horror genre. It's a very original story, and I'm glad I read it.

I really enjoyed the part at the end where we got to see what Dracula's court was really like. Ew.

For those who really enjoyed the book, there are a couple of other books in the series - each one takes place in a different time and is a contained story. They are also full of guest appearances.

Cheryl | 906 comments Adelaide wrote: "I really enjoyed the part at the end where we got to see what Dracula's court was really like. Ew."

Yes! I was so glad that the plan to overthrow him - at least the initial phase - worked. It would be interesting so see how society progresses from that point. Do the 3 other books in the series continue from this Victorian timeline, or does Dracula take over for the first time in each book? Are the events in this book built upon in the other books?

They build upon this book and feature many of the same characters like Charles Beauregard and Kate Reed. The next one, The Bloody Red Baron, takes place during WWI.