October 2017 - LGBTQIA > Update On Reading Progress - Day's 1 & 2

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2018 comments Mod
How's your reading coming along?
Did you start early?

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 142 comments Day 1: I started reading Upside of Unrequited today. Got 140 pages in. Hope to finish it tomorrow, and start another one.

Currently Reading: The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli

TBR: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1) by Zoraida Córdova Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones

message 3: by Areeba (last edited Oct 02, 2017 06:24PM) (new)

Areeba books and kids  | 34 comments hmmm...im doing the challenge poetry.
i read
Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. Eliot Poetry for Young People Emily Dickinson by Emily Dickinson Robert Frost (The Great American Poets) by Peter Porter For Laughing Out Loud Poems to Tickle Your Funnybone by Jack Prelutsky

ill resume reading poetry tomo, but for now I'm done.

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) Day 1, I read 509 pages of City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare to finish the book.

I also started Openly Straight (Openly Straight, #1) by Bill Konigsberg . I've only read about 20 pages so far but I'm headed to bed now and plan to read more before I fall asleep.

message 5: by Key (new)

Key (leoithne27) | 71 comments Had a snow storm today where I live so I couldn't go to work. And hence, tried to get as much reading done as possible.

At the end of September I started reading The Colour of Magic (Discworld, #1) by Terry Pratchett
I decided of course to finish that first.
(Pages read today: 215)

I then started the audiobook for The Martian by Andy Weir
(Listened to: 30m)

And then also for the actual theme this month I started Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
(Pages read: 49)

Total read: 254pg + 30m

message 6: by Aryka (new)

Aryka | 52 comments Day 1 read and finished : Ocean at the End of the Lane

Total pages read: 192

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 123 comments Day one is officially over in 10 mins. I'm super tired, so I'm calling it for tonight. I've added a few more books to my list.

Say Her Name by James Dawson by James Dawson a.k.a Juno Dawson is a Bloody Mary re-telling. I read 40 pages today.

I also started Scary Out There by Jonathan Maberry a collection of horror short stories by a bunch of YA authors edited by Jonathan Mayberry. I almost finished a short story... 22 pages read. I think I'll start with this book tomorrow. It's the longest at 498 pages.

I added 4 more books to my reading list this week. Only one other, I found out while reading, goes along with this months theme. River of Teeth (River of Teeth #1) by Sarah Gailey by Sarah Gailey has a gay main character. I think he is some sort of future cowboy, he rides a hippo. Lol!!

I also started Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt by Michael Wehunt, Mapping the Interior by Stephen Graham Jones by Stephen Graham Jones and A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman by Josh Malerman.

Total pages read today: 143

message 8: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 142 comments Day 2: I feel like I can update for day 2 already because I am taking a break today. I read 190 pages of Upside and DNF'd it, I read about 40 pages of Of Fire and stars and also DNF'd it. I deleted Simon off my kindle because I didn't like Upside and they have the same authors. So I may read a little bit of labyrinth at my daughters ballet and I may start The hearts we sold, or I may just move onto my October TBR tomorrow. I haven't decided. We'll see how Labyrinth goes.

Currently Reading: Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1) by Zoraida Córdova The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones

DNF: The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst

Unhauled: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

message 9: by Nina (new)

Nina | 53 comments I had a day of today and dedicated it to read a bit more than usually.
I finished Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic and read 140 pages of Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

Read: Fun Home A Family Tragicomic by Alison Bechdel

Currently reading: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, #1) by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

TBR: A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 123 comments Day 2: Was a bit lazy today only read 56 pages total. And only touched 3 of the 6 books. I'm going to have to do some major damage to Scary Out There by Jonathan Maberry if I'm going to have it finished by Sunday.

message 11: by BlurryBug (last edited Oct 04, 2017 12:29AM) (new)

BlurryBug | 402 comments Time flies when one has fun!
I've read 171 pages of Keeping You a Secret by Julie Anne Peters
and 184 pages of Helter Skelter The True Story of the Manson Murders by Vincent Bugliosi this wasnt on my tbr but it has to go back to the library
I also finished Little Heart A Comic Anthology for Marriage Equality by Raighne Hogan this had some real sweet short stories about love and support

message 12: by Subrat (new)

Subrat Saurabh | 1 comments Please free to ask me about my debut best seller book "Kuch Woh Pal"

message 13: by ke-sha (new)

Kimberly wrote: "Day 2: I feel like I can update for day 2 already because I am taking a break today. I read 190 pages of Upside and DNF'd it, I read about 40 pages of Of Fire and stars and also DNF'd it. I deleted..."

Aww Hope you're "Labyrinth Lost" & "The Hearts We Sold" more than the other books!

message 14: by ke-sha (new)

Areeba wrote: "hmmm...im doing the challenge poetry.
i read
Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel SilversteinOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. Eliot[bookcover:Poetry for Young People: Emily Dickinson|598..."

That's a lot of poetry read!
I want to read more "Dickinson" but I'm waiting until I find a Complete set of her poems for a good bargain price Lol

Happy Reading :)

message 15: by ke-sha (new)

Amber (bookstacksamber) wrote: "Day 1, I read 509 pages of City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare to finish the book.

I also started Openly Straight (Openly Straight, #1) by Bill Konigsberg. I've only read about 20 pages so far but I'm headed t..."

I just started "City of Glass" and I'm shaking my head at Clary's Decision Making skill already. I wonder does she get better later on or will my head fall off Lol

I look forward to seeing what you think about "Openly Straight" I have that one on Audio.

message 16: by ke-sha (new)

Kaylan wrote: "Had a snow storm today where I live so I couldn't go to work. And hence, tried to get as much reading done as possible.

At the end of September I started reading [bookcover:The Colour of Magic|111..."

Aww Snow Day turns into a reading Day :)

How are you liking "The Martin"? Are you planning to watch the Movie after you read it? Or did you already see it?

message 17: by ke-sha (new)

Melissa wrote: "Day 2: Was a bit lazy today only read 56 pages total. And only touched 3 of the 6 books. I'm going to have to do some major damage to Scary Out There by Jonathan Maberry if I'm going to have it fi..."

I know how you feel...Except worse cause I've read like 40-50 pages of one book haha

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) ke-sha wrote: "Amber (bookstacksamber) wrote: "Day 1, I read 509 pages of City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare to finish the book.

I also started Openly Straight (Openly Straight, #1) by Bill Konigsberg. I've only read about ..."

Her and Jace are both so ridiculous. They always do the opposite of what they're told!

I actually just switched over to the audio for Openly Straight so I can listen to the duology on my drive to a work conference. I'm enjoying it so far!

Amber (bookstacksamber) (bookstacksamber) On Day 2, I read (listened to): Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

message 20: by Key (new)

Key (leoithne27) | 71 comments Day 2: Read 151 pages of Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
and listened to 31 minutes (Chapters 3 and 4) of The Martian by Andy Weir

Total:
Books finished: 1
Pages Read: 415
Listened: ~1 h 5 mins

message 21: by Key (new)

Key (leoithne27) | 71 comments ke-sha wrote: "Kaylan wrote: "Had a snow storm today where I live so I couldn't go to work. And hence, tried to get as much reading done as possible.

At the end of September I started reading [bookcover:The Colo..."

I'm really enjoying it! Honestly I was very wary about trying it (everyone said it was great but I wasn't sure). The narrator is super excellent too! Got hooked me in seconds.
I think I will definitely watch the movie after I'm finished~