Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Birthdays > LIH October Birthdays 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments A start of a new month means new birthdays. I have cleaned up our birthday area as well as cleaned out the icebox and freezer. Hope everyone is healthy and is recovered some from the fires, floods, hurricanes and busy lives. It has been warmed than it was in the summer at times this past week.
I am going to set up the tables. If you know of any birthdays for October post so we can celebrate.

message 2: by Melinda (last edited Oct 22, 2017 08:38PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Below is the list of October Birthdays that I was able to find.
October Birthdays
Carla, Penny, Regina Oct. 7
Ruth Oct. 8
Andrea,& Amanda Oct. 10
Shannon Oct, 19
Louise Gouge Oct. 21
Marianne &Amanda Oct. 26
Janet Marie Oct. 28

message 3: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments I am going to hang the banners for our first October birthday tomorrow. I am hanging orange, red and yellow banners for this month in keeping with the changing leaves. I am putting on an orange table cloth. There is coffee both regular and decaf brewing. I am putting out an egg and sausage casserole in the icebox where you can get what you like and warm it up in the microwave. I also have an apple pie out. It is fresh. I also have put cold water and milk is in the icebox. I also have hot water for hot tea if you want someone. Many types of tea a as well as different types of creamers are on the counter top.

I also have put out some fresh fruit- last of the fresh peaches, and apples as well as anything you can get fresh.

I may not be around tomorrow as I have to get ready for the Hurricane ( hopefully just a tropical storm) Nate. We are prepared but there are always things to pick up in the yard.

message 4: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Since I do not know about internet for Sunday, I am going to celebrate Oct 7 and 8 birthdays for the weekend.
Oct. 7
Happy Birthday,Carla, Penny, and Regina! I hope you are having a wonderful day. Do something special and enjoy your special day.

Oct 8 is the birthday of Ruth.

Happy Birthday , Ruth!
Enjoy your special day! Hope you have a special dinner with a special desert.

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 236 comments Happy birthday to my fellow October ladies! It's midterm season for me so I'm finding it difficult to find time to make it on here! My birthday is the 10th so hopefully I will be able to join in on some of the festivities! For now I will be adding a chocolate chip pumpkin bread to the table in honor of all things pumpkin spiced this time of year 🎃😊

message 6: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Happy birthday ladies. Going to add apple pies to the table.

message 7: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Carla, Penny, Regina and Ruth! Hope your special day is filled with fun. The table is already loaded with yummy treats. I'm squeezing some chocolate mousse in between everything else.

message 8: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Amanda wrote: "Happy birthday to my fellow October ladies! It's midterm season for me so I'm finding it difficult to find time to make it on here! My birthday is the 10th so hopefully I will be able to join in on..."

Thanks for letting us know about your birthday. I have added it to the list.
Chocolate chip pumpkin bread sounds wonderful>

message 9: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday Carla! Happy Birthday Penny!
Happy Birthday Regina! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

I'm adding some lemon pound cake to the table.

message 10: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Happy Birthday, Carla, Penny, Regina and Ruth!

Thanks for hosting such a great party, Melinda. You put out a great spread. I hope you don't suffer damage due to Nate.

message 11: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments We did not get much but Mom's sister near Mobile got a lot of wind and rain. better to prepare and get a little than not be prepared and get hit hard.
Thanks for all the prayers.
The food all sounds wonderful so I will have to try a little of everything.

message 12: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy Belated Birthday, Carla, Penny, and Regina!! Happy Birthday, Ruth!! I'm looking forward to a piece of that apple pie. I will bring ice cream, because there's nothing like warm apple pie and ice cream on top! My mouth is already watering!!!

message 13: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday Ruth!

message 14: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Melinda wrote: "We did not get much but Mom's sister near Mobile got a lot of wind and rain. better to prepare and get a little than not be prepared and get hit hard."

I'm thankful Hurricane Nate didn't inflict a lot of damage on you or your aunt. I'm sure you're heaving a huge sigh of relief and lifting prayers of thanksgiving. My heart goes out to all those who have suffered due to the hurricanes this season.

message 15: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Happy Belated Birthday Carla, Penny, Regina!! I hope you had a wonderful blessed day!!

Happy Birthday Ruth!! I hope you are having a great fun day!!

message 16: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments I am cleaning up the tables and refreshing the drinks so new coffee, tea and lemonade and apple cider are available.

I hanging a green banner to go with the ones hanging.

there is some food left on the table. I am adding fresh apples to go with everything.

message 17: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Today is Andrea,& Amanda 's birthday.
Happy Birthday Andrea & Amanda! Hope you have a very special day!

message 18: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday Amanda!
Thank you for the decorations, Melinda! I decided to wear a green shirt today.

message 19: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Amanda!!!!

message 20: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Happy birthday, Andrea and Amanda! I hope the day you share is extra special.

I keeping with the apple theme, I'm adding hot apple cider and a platter of apple fritters to the table.

message 21: by Regina (new)

Regina Scott (reginascott) | 398 comments Oh, my goodness-late for my own birthday! The scandal!

Thank you for the warm wishes, fabulous food, and delightful decorations, ladies!

Happy birthday to all the October babies, or should I say babes? :-)

message 22: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Regina wrote: "Oh, my goodness-late for my own birthday! The scandal!

Thank you for the warm wishes, fabulous food, and delightful decorations, ladies!

Happy birthday to all the October babies, or should I say ..."

Haha! This post made me laugh!

message 23: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments First I want to say Thank You! for the birthday wishes.
I experienced a "first" this year. I went to Costco first thing this morning, I was greeted with "Jingle Bells" playing overhead. Seriously, Jingle Bells and other Christmas music playing on October 10th!
I've seen Christmas trees and decorations out this early but never have I heard Christmas music on my birthday.

message 24: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments They seem to push Christmas out earlier every few years.
Love Christmas music but I also enjoy Thanksgiving.

message 25: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Happy Birthday Andrea!!! I hope you're having a wonderful day!!!

Happy Birthday Amanda!!! I hope you're having a wonderful day!!!

I've added some apple dumplings to the table and tomato mincemeat pie (a friend gave me the recipe).

message 26: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments I forgot to wish Amanda a Happy Birthday! Hope you had a fun day!!

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 236 comments Thank you ladies for all the well wishes and delicious apple treats! How did you know apple was my favorite? I will be taking a sample of everything before I head back to my studies. Midterm tomorrow but dinner with the family shortly so a little relaxation is approaching!

message 28: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 236 comments Happy birthday to my birthday twin Andrea! I myself love Christmas music so that would have been a wonderful start to my day! Hope you have been able to enjoy your day!

message 29: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Amanda wrote: "Happy birthday to my birthday twin Andrea! I myself love Christmas music so that would have been a wonderful start to my day! Hope you have been able to enjoy your day!"
I love Christmas music and Christmas books and movies year round. It was just a shock to hear it in a store so soon.
I also learned that our birthday flower is a Marigold. I never knew that before, did you?

message 30: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Amanda wrote: "Thank you ladies for all the well wishes and delicious apple treats! How did you know apple was my favorite? I will be taking a sample of everything before I head back to my studies. Midterm tomorr..."

I am praying that you do well on your mid-term.
Glad that you are enjoying the treats from everyone

message 31: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 236 comments No I did not know that! Marigolds are beautiful too, I've always loved them. Thank you for sharing that fun fact! And thank you Melinda! I hope it goes well!

message 32: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday Amanda and Andrea! Hope you had a fantastic day!

message 33: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Melinda wrote: "Below is the list of October Birthdays that I was able to find.
October Birthdays
Ruth Oct. 8
Andrea,& Amanda Oct. 10
Shannon Oct, 19
Marianne &Amanda Oct. 26
Janet Mari..."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm throwing confetti into the air--it's all fall colors! Luv this group!

message 34: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Lyn wrote: "Melinda wrote: "Below is the list of October Birthdays that I was able to find.
October Birthdays
Ruth Oct. 8
Andrea,& Amanda Oct. 10
Shannon Oct, 19
Marianne &Amanda Oc..."

Love the confetti colors, Lyn.

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments Happy Belated Birthday Carla, Penny, Regina, Ruth, Andrea & Amanda!!

Happy Birthday Shannon!

I have cleaned up the table and set out the coffee, tea and juice. I spied some pumpkin bread in the pantry so I also set that out. Thankfully this is a virtual party so I can have a cup of tea since in the real world I can't have caffeine for the next 24 do to a EEG. I have started to have some health issues which is why I haven't been on this month till now.

message 36: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday Shannon!

message 37: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance wrote: "Happy Belated Birthday Carla, Penny, Regina, Ruth, Andrea & Amanda!!

Happy Birthday Shannon!

I have cleaned up the table and set out the coffee, tea and juice. I spied some pumpkin bread in the p..."

Laura, I'm sorry you are having health issues. If you must go caffeine free in the future, Tetley is the best decaf tea I've tried.
Please keep us updated. I'll keep you in my prayers.

message 38: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Shannon!! Hope your day is filled with sunshine, laughter, and love!!

message 39: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Happy birthday, Shannon! I hope your day is extra special.

I'm adding some apple fritters to the table, freshly prepared up at one of our famous Apple Hill farms here in the Sierra Foothills near Placerville, California.

message 40: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday Shannon! I've added an apple pie to the table.

message 41: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance wrote: "Happy Belated Birthday Carla, Penny, Regina, Ruth, Andrea & Amanda!!

Happy Birthday Shannon!

I have cleaned up the table and set out the coffee, tea and juice. I spied some pumpkin bread in the p..."

Thanks Laura,
I forget the date and was busy checking papers and exams.

The pumpkin bread smells good.
I will keep you in my prayers Laura.

message 42: by Melinda (last edited Oct 20, 2017 08:32AM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Happy birthday Shannon!
I am adding brownies to the table .Some have nuts and some do not . I put a label on them.
Christine,
The apple pie is wonderful. I warmed my slice up in the microwave.

message 43: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Happy Birthday, Shannon!

message 44: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments I didn't see Louise Gouge's birthday listed. Happy Birthday, Louise!!

message 45: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Happy birthday, Louise! I hope your day is extra special, filled with all the things you enjoy.

message 46: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Happy Birthday Louise Gouge!! I hope you're having a wonderful day!!

message 47: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday Louise!

message 48: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Becky wrote: "I didn't see Louise Gouge's birthday listed. Happy Birthday, Louise!!"

Thanks for letting us know. I have added Louise's birthday to the list.

message 49: by Melinda (last edited Oct 22, 2017 08:41PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Happy Belated Birthday Louise Gouge!
I will put homemade chocolate chip cookies on the table.
Hope you had a wonderful day, Louise.

message 50: by Louise (new)

Louise Gouge (louisemgouge) | 419 comments Thank you all for your birthday wishes. I had a lovely day. My family was here, hubby fixed steaks to perfection, and we had chocolate cake! Then we had a special sharing and prayer time around the table, just as we used to do when our children were growing up. The very best way to end a day. The greatest gift I could ever receive besides my salvation is that my children have grown up to be friends. And they live close by. I'm a happy mom/grammy.

« previous 1