Grab a Book & Play Booktivity! discussion

What Are You Reading? > REVIEWS - Oct 2017 - Author initials in TRICK OR TREAT

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (last edited Oct 02, 2017 09:59AM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2495 comments Mod

Read any good books lately that fit our monthly theme? Here's the place to share your opinions / reactions / recommendations.

This month's theme was suggested by Book Concierge -
Read a book by an author whose first and last initials can be found in TRICK OR TREAT

Initial letters may be used only as often as they appear in the phrase. You may ignore middle names/initials (if used).

Please post the author name as well as the book title for this month.

Happy reading!

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol | 2090 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Carol wrote: "The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall by Mary Downing Hahn
The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall by Mary Dowining Hahn
3.5★'s
.."

Carol ... Mary Downing Hahn .... NONE of her initials are in TRICK OR..."

Oh come on Tessa. So picky:) Yes...I realized I was not only in the wrong church but also the wrong pew.

message 3: by Book Concierge (new)

Oh, Carol ... you are always in the RIGHT Church! LOL

message 4: by Book Concierge (new)

E.A.
Murder in the Paperback Parlor (Book Retreat Mysteries, #2) by Ellery Adams
Murder in the Paperback Parlor – Ellery Adams – 2**
Number two in the “Book Retreat Mysteries” series set in Storyton Hall, “the perfect getaway for literature lovers.” This has all the elements of a typical cozy mystery: an amateur sleuth, a “cute” occupation / back story, a little romantic tension, and more suspects than you can shake a stick at. The premise of Storyton Hall, however, lost me a little – most likely because I had not read the first book in the series. I did love all the references to books, however. I think I’ll go back and read book # 1 before I give final judgment on the series.
LINK to my review

message 5: by Book Concierge (new)

E.A.

Murder in the Mystery Suite (Book Retreat Mysteries, #1) by Ellery Adams
Murder in the Mystery Suite – Ellery Adams – 3***
Book number one in the Book Retreat Mystery series. This was a delightful cozy mystery. The premise is a bit outlandish, but it makes for a colorful cast of characters. And I love all the literary references.
LINK to my review

message 6: by Book Concierge (new)

C.O.

Karma by Cathy Ostlere
Karma – Cathy Ostlere – 3***
This young adult novel is told entirely in verse, making for a very fast read. While there is a “love story” in the plot, the book includes some pretty serious matter: religious strife between Sikhs and Hindus, civil and political unrest in India, and the treatment of women. Maya is a strong female lead, despite the trauma she’s faced and her withdrawal into herself.
LINK to my review