2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2017 > Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments This thread is to discuss Marissa Meyer‘s book, Winter.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants: Mary Pat, Lindsay, Taylor R, Susy, Eirelyn, Joan, Chrissy, Brianna, Carrie, Kyla, Luisa, Winter, Ilona, Branigan, Shelly, Cassandra, Cheri, Shivam, Janine

message 2: by Mary Pat (new)

Mary Pat | 2186 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're doing. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 207
Week 2: 207
Week 3: 207
Week 4: 207

message 3: by Joan (new)

Joan Barnett | 791 comments I finally finished Winter this morning. It did take me about two weeks to complete. I liked it a lot. I found the ending kind of unspectacular though. I wanted a little more what happens in the future but it seems like I will get that from one of the short stories in Stars Above.

I was reading through the comments from Fairest and I do agree (view spoiler)

message 4: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (jovali2) I finished Winter a few weeks ago and enjoyed it, but thought it was too long, (view spoiler). I agree with Joan that (view spoiler). But overall, a good conclusion to the series!

message 5: by Janine (new)

Janine | 1043 comments I finished Fairest almost a year ago now, so I'm joining you guys at the end of this series readthrough as a motivator to finally get around to Winter!

October has snuck up on me and my tbr for the beginning of the month is looking a little busy, but I've got it out from the library and will fit it in this month. Looking forward to reading your views and sharing mine :)

message 6: by Joan (new)

Joan Barnett | 791 comments Cheri wrote: "I finished Winter a few weeks ago and enjoyed it, but thought it was too long, [spoilers removed]. I agree with Joan that [spoilers removed]. But overall, a good conclusion to the series!"
Cheri - Have you read Stars Above? You get a little more of a conclusion. I still wasn't completely satisfied but I don't know if that is because I'm just going to miss the series in general.

message 7: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (jovali2) Joan wrote: "Cheri - Have you read Stars Above? You get a little more of a conclusion. ..."

No, I haven't read it! I see it's 4.5 in the series. Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize there were any that went beyond 4.0. I'll probably read it, but not right away. Between Fairest and Winter, both in September, I'm going to wait to read another until I start to miss the series.

message 8: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1175 comments I finished Winter this morning! ♥ I am very happy with it and with the way it ended.

(view spoiler)

I really got into every single one of these characters; although, I felt that Wolf was a little bit neglected after the 2nd book. (view spoiler)

Other than Wolf, I think everyone had really distinct roles and were featured enough that I didn't feel like anyone was left out or overlooked. Including Wolf, though, everyone had a very distinct personality, and I loved that each one was so unique, with strengths and weaknesses that all found a way to complement one another.

I've been trying to decide who my favorite character was, and I'm having a hard time! I liked all of them for different reasons, and I honestly don't think I could pick just *one.* I feel like if any of them had been left out, things would've been so different.

As for the length of the novel, I hardly even noticed how long it was because I was so into it. I felt like every scene was interesting and moved at the perfect pace. (view spoiler)

Another thing I really enjoyed towards the end was that (view spoiler).

I love the idea that Cinder was willing to (view spoiler).

The scene at the very end was (view spoiler)

message 9: by Joan (new)

Joan Barnett | 791 comments Eirelyn - you voiced a lot of things I was thinking. (view spoiler)

I'm sad that it is over!! I need to find a new series or something but I still have the Harry Potter series to finish this year.

message 10: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1175 comments Joan, I know what you mean! I'll be reading Stars Above either later this month or next month, but after that, I'm really going to miss being in the middle of this series! lol I'm going to have to find another really good one soon. :D

message 11: by Janine (new)

Janine | 1043 comments I've not finished, so not looking at all your spoiler tags, but just came to check in.

I'm only 15% of the way through but enjoying it very much so far. It's been a while since I read the others but it's recapping what went on and who the important characters are quite well, but still subtly, I think. Didn't realise quite how long this one was! I got hooked in and read for a solid chunk of time, only to look at the kindle percentage and be surprised. Doesn't feel like it's dragging, but my goodness - 800 pages!

message 12: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1175 comments How's everyone doing with this one? :D

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Winter (other topics)
Fairest (other topics)
Stars Above (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Marissa Meyer (other topics)