Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

Members work > Jun Prince Author Thread

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jun (last edited Oct 07, 2017 04:19AM) (new)

Jun Prince (authorjunprince) | 1 comments Hello all!

The Beautiful Dead: A Tale of K-Pop, Ghosts, and Nine-Tailed Fox Women is now live!

Introduction

Yubin knows she’s different than the other girls in the pop group SIITY. Yes, they all got sucked into the same machine, giving up schooling and signing ridiculously long contracts with no guarantee of success, but that's how Korean stars are made. Yubin is supposed to be thankful for that, but she isn't. She doesn't even like the girls she performs with.

She’s more connected to her former schoolmate Jieun, even though all they ever do is text. Over the last two months, Jieun has become her confidant and best friend, connecting Yubin to the real world in a way she desperately needs. Now that SIITY is going to appear on the reality show Incredible Race: Asia, Yubin will need that connection more than ever, which is why she’s devastated to discover Jieun has been dead five years and is actually haunting her.

If that weren’t enough, Yubin’s not the only SIITY member with issues. Rena’s father is emotionally abusive. Somi has a learning disability, and after a near death experience, Tae-eun becomes a nine-tailed fox woman. The only way they’ll survive the show, each other, and the supernatural currents buffeting them is to work together and win the hearts of their fans. Because if they don’t, they have nothing to go back to even if they survive what's trying to kill them.

Behind the Scenes

As you can tell, TBD is a paranormal/urban fantasy novel that takes place in Korea within the world of Korean entertainment. It has a psychic, ghosts, a nine-tailed fox, and Korean pop stars. I started writing this book while attending Yonsei University in Seoul as an exchange student, and I have been living in Asia the last 5-6 years.

While living in Korea I did everything I could to research my novel by getting as close to the K-Entertainment industry as possible. This includes meeting and chatting with popular singers, attending the recordings of Korean music shows, visiting the set of a TV drama while they were filming, and being a guest on a cooking show so that I could understand what it was like to be filmed in a TV studio. I took great care not to present my characters as stereotypes.

Availability and Promotions

Paperback and eBook versions of TBD are available on Amazon, and I've opted in for KU so people can download for free if they are monthly subscribers.

I'm also willing to give away a few free copies in PDF format in the hopes that recipients will post reviews on Goodreads and blogs. If interested please contact me directly.

Link to Product Page

The Beautiful Dead: A Tale of K-Pop, Ghosts, and Nine-Tailed Fox Women on Amazon

Thank you for your time!
Jun

PS - I'll include a diet spoiler because it's group appropriate, there are vampire antagonist in the last third of the novel.

message 2: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Adele (turtil) | 1767 comments Mod
This topic will be deleted as it is over the 30 day limit this group has for all its promotional topics. Please do another update within 7 days and your topic will not be deleted.