Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > werewolves or vampire romance set in the past

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Her name is Rio (her_name_is_rio) | 3 comments Hi everyone, I'm looking for a werewolves and/or vampire romance set in the past, around the 17th, 18th century. Or set in fictive worlds with kingdoms, balls and courts.
Preferably with some sex scenes and an interesting plot ;)
Thanks!

message 2: by Loriidae (last edited Sep 30, 2017 03:22PM) (new)

Loriidae Can't help you with sex scenes or interesting plot as these are on my TBR. I hope to get to them soon.

A Certain Wolfish Charm and The Rest Falls Away

A Certain Wolfish Charm (Westfield Wolves, #1) by Lydia Dare - The Rest Falls Away (The Gardella Vampire Hunters, #1) by Colleen Gleason

Karen  ⚜Mess⚜ | 49 comments That's a hard one, Marion. The closest I can come to that is steampunk. The only steampunk authors I have read are Gail Carriger and Bec McMaster.

Maybe these links will help?

https://www.goodreads.com/genres/hist...

https://www.goodreads.com/genres/para...

message 4: by Sherry (last edited Sep 30, 2017 04:02PM) (new)

Sherry | 0 comments The Dark One by Ronda Thompson

message 5: by Miriam (new)

Miriam These start the late 1800s:
The Wolf's Peak Saga

message 6: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan McElhatten Marion wrote: "Hi everyone, I'm looking for a werewolves and/or vampire romance set in the past, around the 17th, 18th century. Or set in fictive worlds with kingdoms, balls and courts.
Preferably with some sex ..."

The only book that I know of with some of those characteristics is S. A. Swann's Wolfbreed.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy (alt623) | 1 comments Piper Davenports Bound series is really good!!

message 8: by CB (new)

CB (cb33) | 83 comments Historical werewolf romance:

Highland Wolf Pact (Highland Wolf Pact, #1) by Selena Kitt , by Selena Kitt

message 9: by Sameea (new)

Sameea | 3 comments I added this to my tbr recently Touch of the Wolf not sure if it might be what you're looking for, but its a Historical PNR

message 10: by Shona (new)

Shona (shonahusk) I loved The Companion series by Susan Squires.

message 11: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 91 comments Sherry wrote: "The Dark One by Ronda Thompson"

I second this and the other two in the trilogy as well. EXCELLENT!
The Dark One (Wild Wulfs of London, #1) by Ronda Thompson The Untamed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #2) by Ronda Thompson The Untamed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #2) by Ronda Thompson

message 12: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 91 comments The Werewolf Keep Triology
Guardian of Werewolf Keep by Nhys Glover Imprisoned at Werewolf Keep (Werewolf Keep Trilogy, #2) by Nhys Glover Imprisoned at Werewolf Keep (Werewolf Keep Trilogy, #2) by Nhys Glover

message 13: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 91 comments The Ravencliff Bride  by Dawn Thompson stand alone
Night Fires (Vampire #1) by Karen Harbaugh and Dark Enchantment (Vampire #2) by Karen Harbaugh I liked the twist of the vampire being female. they are usually men in a pnr

I have some historical vampires in my tbr but haven't read them so can't say if any good or not.

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 12 comments read 'Lair of beasts' on wattpad by JeanineCroft, fantastic book !

message 15: by CrazyUnicorn (new)

CrazyUnicorn | 20 comments This is a really good steampunk series Immortal empire by Kate Locke

https://www.goodreads.com/series/8175...

Don't don't if fairytale retellings are what you're looking for, but these series are set in another realm with balls and vampires like you asked for :) it's called Blood prince by Jennifer Blackstream

https://www.goodreads.com/series/1143...

message 16: by Jacqueline J (new)

Jacqueline J | 2 comments Susan Krinard has a series of historical werewolf stories starting with Touch of the Wolf (Historical Werewolf, #1) by Susan Krinard

message 17: by Sana (new)

Sana Zameer (sanazameer) The Draculia Vampire Series by Colleen Gleason:
The Vampire Voss (Regency Draculia, #1) by Colleen Gleason The Vampire Dimitri (Regency Draculia, #2) by Colleen Gleason The Vampire Narcise (Regency Draculia, #3) by Colleen Gleason
And Kiss Across Time Series starting with Kiss Across Time (Kiss Across Time #1) by Teal Ceagh