YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Sandcastle Empire
This topic is about The Sandcastle Empire
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > The Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson - Starting 20th October

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 47376 comments Mod
When all hope is gone, how do you survive?

Before the war, Eden’s life was easy—air conditioning, ice cream, long days at the beach. Then the revolution happened, and everything changed.

Now a powerful group called the Wolfpack controls the earth and its resources. Eden has lost everything to them. They killed her family and her friends, destroyed her home, and imprisoned her. But Eden refuses to die by their hands. She knows the coordinates to the only neutral ground left in the world, a place called Sanctuary Island, and she is desperate to escape to its shores.

Eden finally reaches the island and meets others resistant to the Wolves. But their solace is short-lived when one of Eden’s new friends goes missing. Braving the jungle in search of their lost ally, they quickly discover Sanctuary is filled with lethal traps and an enemy they never expected.

This island might be deadlier than the world Eden left behind, but surviving it is the only thing that stands between her and freedom.

Yeah please do :D

Alriiiight I'll be reading this tomorrow.

Chapter 2 (view spoiler)

Chapter 11 (view spoiler)

Alexa (view spoiler)

Eden (view spoiler)

The boat (view spoiler)

No idea where you are, but I'm putting this on hold for probably 2 months, as it doesn't count for the challenge :/ I might pick it up sooner, as I was really enjoying it, but might also just restart later.

Nevermind, going to find time to read it regardless of the challenge, because I put it down for another challenge and I can't change my book.

Chapter 22 (view spoiler)

I'll only read a little more of this today/tomorrow before it's time to pick my next book up. This one's my inbetween read :p

Chapter 40 (view spoiler)

Chapter 55 (view spoiler)

Chapter 58 (view spoiler)

Chapter 72 (view spoiler)

Review: Link to my blog: https://thatreadhead1.wordpress.com/2...

Well this book blew me away! There were so many twists and turns in this! I also love the way the background to it all was explained. I feel like we learnt a lot about all of the characters, and they all developed in many ways. I felt like I could relate to a lot of the characters, and the mysteries around all of the events that happened definitely kept my intrigued! This was such an original book, and while it was rather complex, it was explained in an understandable way.
This book took me a while, but I'm also quite pleased that did, because spreading a book out over time always allows me to remember it more. For once I am so pleased that there weren't any terrible tropes! I mean, there's always romance, but what book doesn't have romance. I kind of just want a YA fantasy with NO FREAKING ROMANCE, just a big friend group. Because that's realistic (well not the fantasy aspect but anyway). So pleased I decided to keep on with this one even though it doesn't count for a lot of my challenges. Definitely picking up Kayla Olson's other books.