✨ Adults Who Read YA ✨ discussion

✩☽ October Bonus ✩☽ They Both Die at the End

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina (dinobrarian) | 697 comments Mod

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) I BOUGHT A BOOK! This book.. well, and Warcross, the diabolic and preorder of The Empress because I NEEDED that book .. YAY lol

message 3: by Christina (new)

hahaha, all of the books!

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) I'm almost finished this book! my first Silvera book - reading History is all you left me as well .. probably not the best choice to read 2 at once ......whoops but loving em !!!!!!!!! I love the concept and the storylines and it's sweet

message 5: by Christina (new)

Reading 2 books at once (especially 2 semi-similar books) is tricky for me. I try not to do it, but it's hard not to when your TBR is stacked so high. lol

I haven't gotten too far into They Both Die at the End because I have to read a few books for work, but I liked the first few chapters that I read. I love how Adam writes and his sweetness definitely carries into his characters.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) this was by far my favourite of the 2 .. I preferred it over history for sure (still have a short bit left in history) but the concept of this book was way more fluid and entertaining for me and the intersecting storylines were amazing

message 7: by Christina (new)

Ashley wrote: "this was by far my favourite of the 2 .. I preferred it over history for sure (still have a short bit left in history) but the concept of this book was way more fluid and entertaining for me and th..."

That's good to hear! From the little I have read, I definitely like it more than History as well. You would probably like More Happy Than Not, if you haven't read it already.

message 8: by Christina (new)

Q.1 - This book is narrated from 2 perspectives. Did you prefer one over the other, or did you find them equally likable?

Q.2 - This book is a dystopian; the idea of this book is that someone will call you and give you a heads up that you'll be dying in the next 24 hrs. How do you feel about that? Do you feel a heads up is a good thing? or maybe you feel like you're being robbed of time? Maybe you have another feeling(s)?

Q.3 - Other thoughts you want to discuss about this book? (I'm still working on it, I got side tracked. But I liked what I've read so far.)

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) I preferred Rufus - he's a bit more street and chill and their perspectives were both so different .. though I liked both of them individually like as people I guess lol

I WOULD NOT WANT TO KNOW - literally, they had to live their day not knowing when or where or what would happen to them, how could you function, I would have done the first thing, lock myself in a room and surround myself in pillows and not move, no thanks I'm good - only good thing is saying goodbye

I wanted more - the end was abrupt and I was upset lol like, I read it aloud to hubby and was like.. is this really how this book ends?!?!?

I'm definitely reading the other book when I get around to it - I have 30 on my TBR for Nov so it's a bit of a packed one again though I did it in Oct so ... maybe if I have a second!