Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

The Disappearance of Winter's Daughter  (The Riyria Chronicles, #4)
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > The Disappearance of Winter's Daughter [Dec 5, 2017]

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Maybe Chris can confirm this but it would appear than only the Audible version is coming out Dec-5th ahead of ebook or paper version. I'll probably end up doing the audio opening day.

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I hope the ebook or physical book releases around the same time; really looking forward to this!

Timelord Iain | 14948 comments The Question answered on the book page by Sullivan says audiobook and ebook release worldwide and paperback mailed personally in US & Canada... Hardcover if Kickstarter funds... so I think ebook should appear on or before December 5th as well...

I don't have to worry... still haven't found time to start Theft of Swords yet...

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments You must start them, Iain. So good!

message 5: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4434 comments Mod
So excited for this!

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I'm about to back the kickstarter for this. Can't wait to get it!

Samir (royceblackwater) | 842 comments I backed the kickstarter for this and I will get the digital copies pack on Dec 5th so I'm definitely starting then.

Sarah | 494 comments My patience isn't going to hold to wait for everyone to read this, but I will chime in on discussions once others get going.

message 9: by Chris (new) - added it

Chris  (haughtc) | 1633 comments Wow, didn't even see this thread until Sarah bumped it up today.

Digital packages are out for Kickstarter backers. Physical books should be out in December, I believe.

It does look like the audiobook is up for release on Audible on Dec 5.

Sarah | 494 comments Chris wrote: "Wow, didn't even see this thread until Sarah bumped it up today.

Digital packages are out for Kickstarter backers. Physical books should be out in December, I believe.

It does look like the audio..."

I had missed it to until I was looking at the by month list of BR!
I backed the kickstarter so I have the digital already. Its why I'm not sure I can hold out until the normal release!

message 11: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4434 comments Mod
Aaaah I missed the Kickstarter. Some of Michael's emails end up in my primary email folder and some of them go to the promotions folder... all the ones about the Kickstarter went to promotions (which I never check). :(

message 12: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

I bought the pre-release of the audiobook on Audible a month ago.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 996 comments I read and really enjoyed this one.

message 14: by Chris (new) - added it

Chris  (haughtc) | 1633 comments Jenna wrote: "Aaaah I missed the Kickstarter. Some of Michael's emails end up in my primary email folder and some of them go to the promotions folder... all the ones about the Kickstarter went to promotions (whi..."

I'll try to post info in here more when I hear about it.

message 15: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Under a week!

message 16: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Through chapter 3. Nothing really to talk about yet. Solid Ryeria world building but nothing epically good or bad.

Sarah | 494 comments I'm up to chapter 11. Really interesting so far.

Sarah | 494 comments Please tell me others are reading this.
I NEED to talk about all the feels this book is causing.

I'm up to chapter 21.

Frank | 650 comments joining late, starting tonight. Can't wait to jump in.

message 20: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

I’m almost done. I’ll post some thoughts tomorrow.

message 21: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I'm working crazy hours this week (finals at the university I proctor for) so I haven't gotten far. But I'm loving it already.

message 22: by TS (new) - rated it 5 stars

TS Chan (tschan) | 159 comments Sarah wrote: "Please tell me others are reading this.
I NEED to talk about all the feels this book is causing.

I'm up to chapter 21."

Yup, so many cozy feels when it comes to these two. <3

Frank | 650 comments Just getting into it, thru Chapter 5, enjoying a new tale of Hadrian and Royce, like coming home again.
Interesting the revelation of (view spoiler)

Sarah | 494 comments Frank wrote: "Just getting into it, thru Chapter 5, enjoying a new tale of Hadrian and Royce, like coming home again.
Interesting the revelation of [spoilers removed]"

I loved that part too.

Sarah | 494 comments Ok, so some of my comments/observations/feels

Ch. 3
(view spoiler)

Ch. 10
I really, really should have seen this one thing coming. (view spoiler)
The other one was very well played. (view spoiler)

Ch. 12
Unicorns. Talk about the last thing you would expect either of these two to use as a metaphor for something.

Hadrian said. “The truth is, we’ve done nothing wrong.”
Royce closed his eyes and shook his head. “By Mar, the way you think. It’s . . . it’s . . . I honestly don’t know if there’s a word for it. You realize the truth is rarely important, right?”--- I love how after all this time Royce still finds Hadrian cheerful & optimistic outlook so exasperating.
Also, I loved how the guard was amused by them. And how they both answered in the affirmative for the other.

Ch. 17
(view spoiler)

Ch. 21
(view spoiler)

Sarah | 494 comments Ch. 28
The line about Hadrian throwing his cloak out the door gave me serious Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars prequels images. I couldn't help it. I actually snorted at that.

Ch. 29
(view spoiler)

All in all I really enjoyed this adventure with our boys.
If Mr. Sullivan decides to write more about them, I'm so in.
If he doesn't, well I'll pout about it but we certainly have some good adventures with these guys already.

message 27: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I finished last night and really loved this one, of course. These two are fantastic.