Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available To Read All Genres Except Erotica (Novels)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juniper (new)

Juniper (junipsquid) | 2 comments Hi!

I am a teenage girl who likes to read all genres! I am also a writer myself, and am currently working on my first novel. If you would like my opinion on your novel, please send me your email address and we can discuss the details via email. Depending on the length of your chapters, I will probably take about a week to go over your work.

~ Juniper

message 2: by Segilola (new)

Segilola Salami (segilolasalami) | 43 comments PM sent, thanks

message 3: by Kirk (new)

Kirk | 126 comments Hi Juniper,

I'm currently looking for beta readers for my unfinished manuscript. It's sitting at around 90k words (although I hope to chop that down) and it's a dystopian sci-fi story. Here's a rough, placeholder blurb:

"The world has reached new levels of mass overpopulation, and as the number of people continues to grow, the food supplies reach a critical low. When a corporation offers a solution to the epidemic, the world turns a blind eye to what it is they're really consuming, posing the question; what lengths will humanity go to to survive?"

It sounds very Solent Greenish, but I think (or hope) I have an original story. Anyhow, if you or anyone reading this happens to be interested, I'm not looking for a line or copy editor at this point. Right now I want to focus on getting a broader view and get the skeleton of the script solid with regards to character, plot, and pacing.

I'm also more than willing to beta swap or become someone's critique partner. Genres I enjoy are:

Children's
Crime
Fantasy
Horror
Mystery
Science Fiction
Thriller
Young adult

I'm not too keen on romance or erotica, so I don't feel like I could give an accurate critique if that's your genre.

Private message me if you're interested.

I hope to hear from you.

All the best,

Kirk