Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Book titles

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob (new)

Rob Scarborough | 24 comments Hi yet again, I have 4 books, each with titles, sold as separate paperback editions of a first series, which are listed on GR as....` Title (series title#1,2,3,4).'
I wish to publish a title that offers all four of the above books for sale at once. I would like to use the title of the first series as the title for the newly published work. Can I do that or will it cause trouble by being the book title of one (multi book) edition and a series title (mentioned in brackets,) next to individual books of that same series ? Thanks :) Rob Scarborough

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13664 comments That won't be a problem, but what did you want to use as a series title? I see several variants on the book list: https://www.goodreads.com/author/list...

If the series is called, f.e., Daft Harry, you can name the omnibus edition Daft Harry (Daft Harry #1-4)
That way it will be clear it contains all four volumes.

A series will need to be set up by a librarian (just adding it after the book title does not create a series), so let us know which title you're settling on.

message 3: by Rob (new)

Rob Scarborough | 24 comments lethe wrote: "That won't be a problem, but what did you want to use as a series title? I see several variants on the book list: https://www.goodreads.com/author/list...

If the ser..."

The Daft Harry first series comprises: "Daft Harry, the April Fool", "Daft Harry does The Hoovering", "More Chores For Daft Harry", and "Daft Harry And The Pit Of Doom".....The first series is entitled "Daft Harry And The Suction Machines" I also list the whole series together for sale on Amazon with the title "Daft Harry And The Suction Machines" (First series Bonus Edition) It has an Asin B0757SZKJC.... Can I go ahead and add that title to my goodread page please? I will shortly be releasing a kindle copy as well.
What is the situation with an edition of my books that I offer on "Handmade on Amazon" these allow people to select customizations, like a dedication leaf inside, signed by the author etc, but otherwise they are the same as the edition on Amazon books...Do I need to bother to list these as separate editions?
Thanks for your help Rob Scarborough