Play Book Tag discussion

Our Souls at Night
This topic is about Our Souls at Night
September 2017: American > Our Souls at Night - Kent Haruf - 5 stars and a ❤️

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susie | 4488 comments What a wonderful book! Why have I not read any Kent Haruf before? I was completely immersed and found his unadorned writing captivating. Insightful, painfully sad, and utterly charming. I have moved on to Plainsong immediately which is testament to how much I loved it, as it is infrequent that I choose to read consecutive novels written by the same author. It is so fabulous to have such a positive reading experience.

Ellen | 2053 comments Absolutely my favorite author.

Susie | 4488 comments He's definitely going to be up there as one of mine too Ellen.

Nicole D. | 1470 comments pretty much my exact reaction

message 5: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7644 comments Grrr..I am going to have to read this.

message 6: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 8188 comments Nicole, I'm surprised you haven't gotten to this one yet. Funny how each of us has the one (or a few) that everyone else has read and loved. I have to go and grab a few minutes with my haunting Spectre now. Everyone enjoy the day. For those of you who are fasting, it's just a few hours left. Enjoy your feasts...

annapi | 4865 comments I have had this on my TBR for some time... I really need to get to it!

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5549 comments So glad you liked this. I also feel that I came late to Haruf's fan club, but better late than never!