Play Book Tag discussion

Of Mice and Men
This topic is about Of Mice and Men
September 2017: American > Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sushicat | 804 comments Final leg of the roadtrip!

I normally don't do re-reads. But it's been over 30 years, I've mostly forgotten the book except to remember I loved it. Right from the start I knew I would be bawling in the end - and I did. Such a powerful tale in this small package.

Susie | 4488 comments I really need to re-read this too. I meant to get to it this month but got distracted.

Diane Zwang | 485 comments Sushicat wrote: "Final leg of the roadtrip!

I normally don't do re-reads. But it's been over 30 years, I've mostly forgotten the book except to remember I loved it. Right from the start I knew I would be bawling i..."

Congrats on the road trip. It seems like I just read this book but it has been two years now. I loved it. My son will be reading this for freshman English this year. I hope he likes it.

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5645 comments I listened to the audio the last time I "read" this .... narrated by Gary Sinese.

I'm sure I read it in high school or college. I've seen at least two movie /TV adaptations, and seen the play performed twice as well. So it's not like the ending was a surprise....

Still ... I was crying so hard I had to pull into the parking lot at the grocery store and just sit there to compose myself.

Stephen King (writing as Richard Bachman) has a sort of homage to OM&M - Blaze. Very good. My Review of BLAZE