Paging All Bookworms! discussion

Challenges > October 2017 Monthly Challenge - A Month of Holidays / Celebrations

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (last edited Oct 07, 2017 04:03PM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2263 comments Mod
October 2017 Monthly Challenge - A Month of Holidays / Celebrations
Begins: 01Oct17 / Ends: 31Oct17

1. Breast Cancer Awareness Month - Read a book with a predominantly PINK cover (post the cover).

2. International Day of the Girl - Read a book with a main character who is a girl (under age 18)

3. United Nations Day - Read a book that is set in country not your own

4. Columbus Day - Read a book with the ocean on cover (Post the cover)

5. Halloween - Read a book whose author's initial (first and last) are in TRICK OR TREAT. Middle initials (if used) can be ignored. Letters may be used only as often as they appear in the phrase.

---------------------------------------------------------

Rules of the challenge
Books must be at least 100 pages in length
A book counts for only ONE task per challenge (but feel free to use it for other challenges ... in the past or in another group).
Re-reads are fine, as long as you actually read the entire book
Book should be finished within the time-frame of the challenge.
Any format ("dead tree," e-book, audio...) is fine.

If you want acknowledgement that you have completed the challenge you MUST include the date you finished reading each book.

As always, have fun!

message 2: by Book Concierge (last edited Oct 07, 2017 04:05PM) (new)

Reserved for list of participants:
(Click on your name to go directly to your post)

Linda C

Sheila

Tessa

message 3: by Sheila (last edited Dec 01, 2017 11:54AM) (new)

Sheila | 362 comments I'm still working on the one book from last month which I will finish but I'm in for October.

1/5

1. Breast Cancer Awareness Month - Read a book with a predominantly PINK cover (post the cover).

2. International Day of the Girl - Read a book with a main character who is a girl (under age 18)

3. United Nations Day - Read a book that is set in country not your own--Earl of Scandal--Marry Gillgannon==finished 10/1/17 Earl of Scandal (London Lords) by Mary Gillgannon

4. Columbus Day - Read a book with the ocean on cover (Post the cover)

5. Halloween - Read a book whose author's initial (first and last) are in TRICK OR TREAT. Middle initials (if used) can be ignored. Letters may be used only as often as they appear in the phrase.

message 4: by Book Concierge (new)

Sheila wrote: "I'm still working on the one book from last month which I will finish ..."

I never lock / close the challenges, so you are welcome to complete it at any time.

message 5: by Book Concierge (last edited Nov 01, 2017 08:20AM) (new)

Begins: 01Oct17 / Ends: 31Oct17

5 / 5 completed

1. Breast Cancer Awareness Month- PINK cover - Karma by Cathy Ostlere ✔ – 29Oct17

2. International Day of the Girl - Read a book with a main character who is a girl (under age 18) - Rosalind in In the Woods ✔ – 05Oct17

3. United Nations Day- Read a book that is set in country not your own - NORWAY - Norwegian by Night ✔ - 17Oct17

4. Columbus Day - Ocean on cover - The Three Weissmanns of Westport by Cathleen Schine ✔ – 09Oct17

5. Halloween - Read a book whose author's initial (first and last) are in TRICK OR TREAT. - E.A. - Ellery Adams / Murder in the Paperback Parlor ✔ - 16Oct17

message 6: by Linda C (last edited Oct 06, 2017 08:13PM) (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 214 comments BC - need to update your challenge title

message 7: by Linda C (last edited Oct 27, 2017 10:17PM) (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 214 comments I'm in

✔2. International Day of the Girl - Read a book with a main character who is a girl (under age 18)
Where'd You Go, Bernadette - Maria Semple (3 stars) 10/17/17 - Bee is 15

✔3. United Nations Day - Read a book that is set in country not your own - I live in USA
The Plumed Bonnet (Stapleton-Downes, #6) – Mary Balogh (4 stars) 10/2/17 - set in England

✔4. Columbus Day - Read a book with the ocean on cover (Post the cover)
Murder and Marinara (An Italian Kitchen Mystery, #1) by Rosie Genova (An Italian Kitchen mystery, #1) – Rosie Genova (3 stars) 10/27/17 - ocean visible through window

✔ 5. Halloween - Read a book whose author's initial (first and last) are in TRICK OR TREAT. Middle initials (if used) can be ignored. Letters may be used only as often as they appear in the phrase.
The House by the Lake (Paris Time Capsule, #2) – Ella Carey (3 stars) 10/11/17

message 8: by Book Concierge (new)

Linda C wrote: "BC - need to update your challenge title"

Thanks for the reminder! I remembered to edit the main title of the thread, but forgot to edit the actual task post.

message 9: by Book Concierge (new)

Everyone is linked to this point.

message 10: by Book Concierge (new)

FInished, just in time!

message 11: by Connie (new)

Connie D | 80 comments I'll try next time! I haven't been keeping up with anything at Goodreads lately.

message 12: by Book Concierge (new)

Connie wrote: "I'll try next time! I haven't been keeping up with anything at Goodreads lately."

No problem, Connie. It's all in fun. We'll be here when you're able to join us again.

message 13: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 214 comments Missed by one