Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [General] > Drenai Saga Schedule

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (last edited Sep 29, 2017 02:33PM) (new)

message 2: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
If anyone would like to join Andrew and I for Drenai Saga, starting January of 2018, please let us know!

schedule is following published order as per agreement

message 3: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2409 comments I've been wanting to read genmel for a while and I wanted to start for this one so I will try to join as well

message 4: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7214 comments Mod
Maybe.

message 5: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Ok great Ahdam! I am hoping this series is as good as the Troy series, I became such a fan after reading it.

message 6: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

I was planning to try rigante first, but I might throw that up in the air.

message 7: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 653 comments After never having read Gemmell before, I'm doing the Hawk Queen series in October/November and then following it right up with Drenai Saga throughout 2018. Makin' up for lost time!

message 8: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

These are fairly small books Niki, if that helps you make your decision!

message 9: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 15682 comments Another maybe... all these long series proposed schedules really suck me in...

message 10: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

That makes a compelling case. Especially considering I own them already lol

message 11: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 653 comments For some unknown reason I had it in my brain that these were all 800 page books. Taking another look it appears they're half of that, and some even shorter. So given that this is only a 4,000+ page commitment rather than an 8,000+ page commitment (which would've been lot for me, since I only read about 20,000 pages per year) I'm no longer so opposed to also reading the two prequel books. If we get a good group of Buddy Readers and everyone else wants to read Knights of Dark Renown and Morningstar, I could probably have my arm twisted into partaking :)

message 12: by Slick (new)

Slick | 93 comments Just read Legend. It was great, you guys are in for a treat!

message 13: by Chris (last edited Sep 30, 2017 08:05AM) (new)

Chris (murphy44) | 706 comments I just finished reading legend as well, and I planned on reading the second book soon. But, if my ADD kicks in after that, i might be able to join you guys later in the series!

message 14: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 653 comments Slick and Chris you should join us!!

message 15: by Bill (new)

Bill | 2144 comments Not only are the books 300-400 pages but they read really fast. i have read the first 5 and will join the read whenever you all catch up to me.

message 16: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 5356 comments I am in for the whole shebang!

message 17: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 15682 comments I've already signed up for a lot of fantasy reads next year... and then I keep seeing these fun reading buddies from Malice/Valor signing up for books I haven't... like this and Prince of Fools and a few others... nevermind the books going on right now I never joined...

For a supposed maybe, I've already added all of these to my tracker, so I think it's more of a yes...

message 18: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1264 comments I've heard good things about Gemmell. It looks like Legend is his debut work so I hope this is a good place to start. Although if these read as fast as people say, I'm not sure if I'll be patient enough to pace myself through November.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments In. Never heard of it but looks interesting.

message 20: by Mayim (new)

Mayim de Vries | 2892 comments I will be there. I read the Legend only and it's one of my favourite comfort reads.

message 21: by Shaitarn (new)

Shaitarn | 1889 comments I'll join for the first four if you don't mind.