2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Sharmon's October 2017 Reading Plan

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharmon (last edited Oct 28, 2017 06:09PM) (new)

Sharmon (tpgirl) | 251 comments LOR:
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine 10/7/17

RCC:
The Black Moon (2-3-4)
The House at Riverton

Bookworm Bitches:
none of this month's selection

PopSugar:
The Glass Castle10/21/17

2-3-4:
Vermilion Drift 10/13/17
A Great ReckoningAudio 10/16/17
A Casualty of War 10/27/17
ETA: Glass Houses Audio 10/2/17

Carry over from September:
Warleggan 10/4/17

Giveaway Review:
I Capture the Castle

Misc Audio:
Behind Her Eyes

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4125 comments Mod
Hope you enjoy your books, Sharmon.
I love the Bess Crawford series!

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2244 comments I see you're reading the Poldark books. What do you think of them so far?

message 4: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments I've read the first book in the Poldark series. I've been meaning to get back to it. I'm also enjoying the show.

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2244 comments I'm loving the show, Veronica. I see Season 3 starts tonight. I'll probably record the whole season, then binge watch it.

message 6: by Sharmon (new)

Sharmon (tpgirl) | 251 comments @Robin I am reading the Poldark series with the Retro Chapter Chick group here at Goodreads and I am loving them. Honestly, I wasn't sure what to think before I started but I am now invested in the Cornwall Community and look forward to each installment. They are pretty big so I don't know if I will be able to keep up with the group as we hit the American Holidays as I work in a retail store, so I may be playing catch up in January. I haven't seen the TV series but I am hoping to get them from my Library at some point if they have it.

message 7: by Sharmon (new)

Sharmon (tpgirl) | 251 comments @Lauren I have really enjoyed the Bess Crawford Series. I like that Bess is a bit spunky!

message 8: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Robin wrote: "I'm loving the show, Veronica. I see Season 3 starts tonight. I'll probably record the whole season, then binge watch it."

That's my plan too.

message 9: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Sharmon wrote: "I haven't seen the TV series but I am hoping to get them from my Library at some point if they have it."

That's probably for the best, Sharmon. At least for myself, I find that I can enjoy tv/movie adaptations more the more time has passed since I finished the book. The details get hazy in my memory and so I don't focus on the changes as much.

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10638 comments Mod
I’m hoping to read Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine this month, too. Good luck with your list!

message 11: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 2366 comments I have a good friend who is a rabid Poldark fan. Like you, I'm going to borrow the PBS series from the library.

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4125 comments Mod
Sharmon wrote: "@Lauren I have really enjoyed the Bess Crawford Series. I like that Bess is a bit spunky!"

Yes, she certainly gets into a lot of trouble....

message 13: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2244 comments Sharmon wrote: "@Robin I am reading the Poldark series with the Retro Chapter Chick group here at Goodreads and I am loving them. Honestly, I wasn't sure what to think before I started but I am now invested in the..."

Thanks Sharmon. I'll have to check and see if my library has these books.