Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2)
This topic is about The Winner's Crime
Book of the Month Archives > October 2017-The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new) - added it

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
Book two of the dazzling Winner's Trilogy is a fight to the death as Kestrel risks betrayal of country for love.

The engagement of Lady Kestrel to Valoria’s crown prince means one celebration after another. But to Kestrel it means living in a cage of her own making. As the wedding approaches, she aches to tell Arin the truth about her engagement... if she could only trust him. Yet can she even trust herself? For—unknown to Arin—Kestrel is becoming a skilled practitioner of deceit: an anonymous spy passing information to Herran, and close to uncovering a shocking secret.

As Arin enlists dangerous allies in the struggle to keep his country’s freedom, he can’t fight the suspicion that Kestrel knows more than she shows. In the end, it might not be a dagger in the dark that cuts him open, but the truth. And when that happens, Kestrel and Arin learn just how much their crimes will cost them.

Questions:

What was the star rating you gave it?
What did you think of the characters?
What did you think of the story?
Did you enjoy it? If so, why? If not, why?
Would you recommend this to others?

Megan (ReadingRover) | 1232 comments Mod
This is another series I started long ago and have wanted to continue but never got around to. I’m happy to get it in this year.

message 3: by Andrea (new) - added it

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
I haven't even started the first one and I had planned to and wanted to but it didn't happen. Of course I'm still unpacking books so we'll see what I get to during October.

Roxanne | 727 comments Mod
I read this entire series and I enjoyed it, but I didn't love it because I think I was one of the rare people that did not like the romance. I wasn't on board with them at all and that colored how much I liked the books.