Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)
This topic is about Demonglass
Book of the Month Archives > October 2017-Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
Sophie Mercer thought she was a witch. That was the whole reason she was sent to Hex Hall, a reform school for delinquent Prodigium (a.k.a. witches, shape-shifters, and faeries). But then she discovered the family secret, and the fact that her hot crush, Archer Cross, is an agent for The Eye, a group bent on wiping Prodigium off the face of the earth.

Turns out, Sophie's a demon, one of only two in the world-the other being her father. What's worse, she has powers that threaten the lives of everyone she loves. Which is precisely why Sophie decides she must go to London for the Removal, a dangerous procedure that will either destroy her powers for good-or kill her.

But once Sophie arrives, she makes a shocking discovery. Her new housemates? They're demons too. Meaning, someone is raising demons in secret, with creepy plans to use their powers, and probably not for good. Meanwhile, The Eye is set on hunting Sophie down, and they're using Archer to do it. But it's not like she has feelings for him anymore. Does she?

Questions:

What was the star rating you gave it?
What did you think of the characters?
What did you think of the story?
Did you enjoy it? If so, why? If not, why?
Would you recommend this to others?

Megan (ReadingRover) | 1232 comments Mod
I’m curious to see what happens in this one.

I'm kind of on the fence. I really enjoyed the first one and this one is good but I'm slowly making progress through it. I'm not very far in so at least I'm still going to be reading it in October. lol

Roxanne | 727 comments Mod
I read this trilogy a few years ago and I liked them.

Okay so I ended up really liking this one. I know two weeks ago I was saying I was on the fence about it but that completely changed. I don't remember what it was that changed my mind right now and it might be something important to the story that would be a spoiler so it's a good thing that I don't remember at the moment but it was good enough that I decided to go ahead and pick up the third one immediately. I'm almost done with that one.

Farren (mmmcookies) I'm just not feeling this series as much as I thought I would. It's cute and fun and I enjoy it, but to me it has zero substance, and this book in particular just felt like several hours of filler. It didn't really advance the overall plot and there wasn't any character development to speak of either. Plus it was quite info dumpy with the never ending conversations that took place and the fact that any events that occurred were in short bursts. I just feel like it's not fair to rate it more than three stars when I've read other books that really earned it.