Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
This topic is about Crown of Midnight
Book of the Month Archives > October 2017-Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new) - added it

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
"A line that should never be crossed is about to be breached.

It puts this entire castle in jeopardy—and the life of your friend."

From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.

Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie... and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.

Questions:

What was the star rating you gave it?
What did you think of the characters?
What did you think of the story?
Did you enjoy it? If so, why? If not, why?
Would you recommend this to others?

Farren (mmmcookies) I don't remember a lot from this book, but I know I didn't like it nearly as much as the first and I kind of lost interest in the series once I finished. I think next year I'll try to get through the whole thing and see if I like it better the second time around.

message 3: by Andrea (new) - added it

I really enjoyed the first one and I'm hoping that I really enjoy the second as much as the first.

Roxanne | 727 comments Mod
I love love this series. I have read all the books out more than once.

message 5: by Andrea (new) - added it

I am trying to get to all of the books for this month and I'm doing pretty good on the ones that we have. I've started at least two of them and I'm about halfway through This Savage Song.