The Fox (Inda, #2)
This topic is about The Fox
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > The Fox [May 20, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 82 (82 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
May 20th, 2018

Mayim de Vries | 2864 comments Very excited to come back to Inda.

Olivia (vinjii) | 1054 comments Can’t wait :)

Miche | 2939 comments I will probably be here.

message 5: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Glad to see others are looking forward to it.

message 6: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Through chapter two. Great to be back in this world and get reintroduced to the characters.

message 7: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Through chapter four. I find I'm having to get used to the author changing perspectives with no line of demarcation all over again. Also when it's not Inda and his crew I find I just want to get through it to get back to them.

Olivia (vinjii) | 1054 comments I’ll be a few days late. Need to get Grey Sister out of the way first!

message 9: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Through chapter 7

(view spoiler)

message 10: by Miche (last edited May 22, 2018 06:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miche | 2939 comments I am trying to get to this one, but these last two weeks I just haven't been in a mood for fantasy. I have been reading Stonewielder at a snail pace, even if I am enjoying it.

I will read this one at some point, but no idea when.

message 11: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miche wrote: "I am trying to get to this one, but these last two weeks I just haven't been in a mood for fantasy. I have been reading Stonewielder at a snail pace, even if I am enjoying it.

I will read this one..."

No worries.

message 12: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Through 9

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Through 15. Everything is clicking along but nothing really standing out as unexpected.

Olivia (vinjii) | 1054 comments I will start this Saturday. Sorry Scott, you’re a bit alone at the moment and by the time I jump in you’ll be done!

message 15: by Sha (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sha | 1522 comments Starting because I aim to make my currently reading list fearful.

message 16: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Olivia wrote: "I will start this Saturday. Sorry Scott, you’re a bit alone at the moment and by the time I jump in you’ll be done!"

No worries. Because of the volume of open reads I have I'll probably be another ten days reading this a bit every day.

message 17: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sha wrote: "Starting because I aim to make my currently reading list fearful."

LOL

message 18: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Through 27

(view spoiler)

Olivia (vinjii) | 1054 comments I'm starting today and will take it about 2-3 chapters a day.

Mayim de Vries | 2864 comments I will be late so late, but I want to finish Ryiria first and devote my full attention to Inda. Hopefully someone will be still around.

message 21: by Olivia (last edited May 29, 2018 01:28AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Olivia (vinjii) | 1054 comments Mayim wrote: "I will be late so late, but I want to finish Ryiria first and devote my full attention to Inda. Hopefully someone will be still around."

Hm, I'll wait in that case. I'm still going with MOI and at least 3 other books... so, I'll wait for you, takes off some of the pressure from my currently reading list. Shout when you're starting.

Mayim de Vries | 2864 comments super Olivia! thank you! I loved reading Inda with you.

Mayim de Vries | 2864 comments I opened the book and wanted to sample a little. My main concern was that I won't remember the names and where the loyalties are because it's been such a long time and so many book since Inda. But my fear were unfounded. I like the veering perspective and the fluid POV change. I feel a little bit like I was in the movie with a shifting camera focus. Anyhow. It was supposed to be only a couple of chapters and suddenly I'm through chapter 7 and I don't think I can stop here.

Scott I'm also wondering where all this goes but I think the author is to smart to repeat the same motif (view spoiler).

message 24: by Miche (last edited May 30, 2018 03:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miche | 2939 comments I am hoping to finish Stonewielder today. I should be able to finally start this one this week.

Mayim de Vries | 2864 comments Up to 12. I'm really happy to see Sponge again. I do like him so much. Even though I think it is not certain of he's going to be the next king.

Miche | 2939 comments Starting it now. :)

Mayim de Vries | 2864 comments Scott wrote: "Through 15. Everything is clicking along but nothing really standing out as unexpected."

At this point I am just freaking out what needs to happen for things to go awry again (there are two more books after all).

Mayim de Vries | 2864 comments Sha wrote: "Starting because I aim to make my currently reading list fearful."

Sha, I had 20 books on my currently reading list in April and I don't want to repeat this experience. :D

Olivia (vinjii) | 1054 comments Ok, so, I can start then. Finishing MOI today so this will be my read tomorrow and on the weekend.

Miche | 2939 comments I read two chapters and so far I am really enjoying it. I am still a bit afraid I might not like it by the end, because I am not a fan of ship books. We will see.

Miche | 2939 comments Scott wrote: "Through chapter 7

[spoilers removed]"

I got the same impression, Scott. The author handled this chapter really well.

Miche | 2939 comments Mayim wrote: "Scott I'm also wondering where all this goes but I think the author is to smart to repeat the same motif (view spoiler). "

Great point, Mayim.

message 33: by Miche (last edited May 31, 2018 08:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miche | 2939 comments I got up to chapter 9 and I only put the book down because I need to go to sleep soon.

I am curious if we will get more details soon about the magic system.

Mayim de Vries | 2864 comments Scott wrote: "Through 27

[spoilers removed]"

At this point I really, really cannot stop reading! I didn't see this one coming! What a plot twist!

Mayim de Vries | 2864 comments I finished part I and I need to return to work now (oh dear! how will I endure) but I seriously wonder what sh*t is coming. That ending was deceptively lulling.

message 36: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sorry I've been swamped at work and as much as I've wanted to read this I just haven't had the time or energy. I'd had to read a few giant technical white papers that simply leave your tank empty. So I'm at the same spot having finished book 1 two days ago but no progress since.

message 37: by Miche (last edited Jun 02, 2018 09:26AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miche | 2939 comments Chapter 17: (view spoiler)

Miche | 2939 comments Scott wrote: "Through 27

[spoilers removed]"

I didn't expect this at all! I am curious where the author will go from here.

message 39: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miche wrote: "Scott wrote: "Through chapter 7

[spoilers removed]"

I got the same impression, Scott. The author handled this chapter really well."

The funny thing is you start chapter 8 and it's answered for you right away. He really did do that well.

message 40: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miche wrote: "Chapter 17: "

(view spoiler)

message 41: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miche wrote: "Scott wrote: "Through 27

[spoilers removed]"

I didn't expect this at all! I am curious where the author will go from here."

(view spoiler)

Mayim de Vries | 2864 comments I'm up to part II chapter 12.

I have to say that I feel like I was reading an omnibus edition. The second part is less like a part more like another book. Not that I am complaining, mind you.

It is nice to see (view spoiler) How she has each tribe and each culture sorted out down to the minor details reminds me of Erikson to be honest. This is also a rich, rich world. Just a pure pleasure to immerse oneself in it.

Also, I so desperately want Hadand(view spoiler) And I like your comments about Joret (view spoiler)

We finally see some magic in action! This, I am looking forward to.

Mayim de Vries | 2864 comments Part II chapter 17 gave me cardiac arrest. Of course chapter 18 takes us different place, different time and different POV so consider me dead.

message 44: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (last edited Jun 02, 2018 03:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mayim wrote: "I'm up to part II chapter 12. ."

I agree with you about Hadand. She's my favorite character. (view spoiler)

message 45: by Miche (last edited Jun 02, 2018 03:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miche | 2939 comments I agree with both of you about Hadand. (view spoiler)

Mayim, I also agree with your comment about Joret. (view spoiler)

I am enjoying the story, but the parts with the pirate fighting and all the ship lingo gets a bit boring for me. This book is thriving at the relationships and I find these are getting lost at the pirate parts.

message 46: by Miche (last edited Jun 02, 2018 06:39PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miche | 2939 comments Had I known that there was a lot of pages about ships and fighting pirates, I would have not picked this series. It is a style that I normally don't enjoy. However, I am really enjoying the stuff happening on land, so it is counter balancing my dislike for now.

Miche | 2939 comments Book 2, chapter 9:

Tau's mother (view spoiler)

Mayim de Vries | 2864 comments Miche I'm the same! I normally detest pirates and seafaring and language and style. It this does not bother me too much because the whole thing is more plot than setting driven. Also, as you pointed out it is balanced with other things.

At the moment I'm in the process of warming up for Fox. I wonder what she has in store for him.

Miche | 2939 comments Mayim wrote: "Part II chapter 17 gave me cardiac arrest. Of course chapter 18 takes us different place, different time and different POV so consider me dead."

I just finish chapter 17 and I am in the same situation.

message 50: by Miche (last edited Jun 03, 2018 01:24AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Miche | 2939 comments I just finished it and I liked much more than I thought I would.

I am heading to bed now as it is 5 am here (I had to finish it!), but one brief comment before I go:

(view spoiler)

« previous 1