The Challenge Factory discussion

♦️Team Challenges Archives♦️ > The Insurgents (Team 4)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 164 (164 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Deb (last edited Oct 22, 2017 03:37PM) (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Water for ElephantsTeam 4

Team name - The Insurgents

Captain Deb
Krissy
Rachel (s)
Eunice (s)
Denise (from CA)
Carrie

Rules & Tasks
THE SPREADSHEET

Duration: 02 October 2017 - 30 October 2017

🔌Books must be reported in this thread.
🔌Post a link to the book, the author, and your finish date.
🔌Page minimum: 150 pages.
🔌Re-reads allowed.
🔌Graphic novels and poetry books not allowed.
🔌For anthologies: Must read entire book.

Tasks: COMPLETE
(view spoiler)

The Bride: COMPLETE
The tasks (plus additional books at 100 watts each needing 1000 to bring her to life)
(view spoiler)

message 2: by Deb (last edited Oct 29, 2017 10:59AM) (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments No Babies for Frankenstein's monster and his bride, but did you know that Victor Frankenstein created something before the monster?
He made a cat. And the cat got it's own BBC animated show!

Frankenstein's Cat by Curtis Jobling by Curtis Jobling by Curtis Jobling

The cat's name is Nine because it's made out of nine cats: Complete
(view spoiler)

message 3: by Deb (last edited Sep 29, 2017 03:17PM) (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Hi Everyone! I'm excited about this challenge!

A little about me:
I live in Kansas with my husband of 17 years (as of today!) and our 9 rescued cats. We foster for a local no-kill rescue/shelter, but ended up adopting a few of them.

By day I do software quality assurance. I support two development teams - both of which are in Australia - so I work long hours Monday - Thursday. Since I work the long days - reading is my escape. There are not many genres I don't read, but I do gravitate to thrillers, historical romance, gothic (Victoria Holt style), suspense, and mysteries.

Let me know which book you'd like to claim from above, and I'll edit the post.

Rachel or Eunice - can one of you please start a spreadsheet?

message 4: by Rachel (last edited Sep 29, 2017 05:17PM) (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments hi all!

I live in NYC with my boyfriend and our two cats. I work as an attorney doing document review. I spend most of my spare time reading and watching movies. I like to write but haven't had the time for it. I mostly read horror - or any book that's dark.

I started a spreadsheet, i will be back to edit the link (i'm at work right now). and then i can add Eunice (and Deb, if she wants) as editors of the spreadsheet. i did a team challenge earlier this year so i kinda modeled the spreadsheet off of that one.

EDIT: Here is the link - let me know if you can't see it. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/... I'll need your email address, Eunice, so you can edit it :)

i will also be back to add in my books! i know for sure i won't be reading romance... lol.

message 5: by Deb (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Thanks Rachel; that sounds perfect!

I'm going to pick up Seeing Double (Only legs or feet).

Seeing Double by Tamra Baumann

message 6: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Deb, the task you have that book next to says only arms or hands are on the cover. I actually don't see one that's only legs or feet.

message 7: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Hi, team! I'm Krissy and we are stationed here in Texas for now. I play a crap ton of team challenges. Can't get enough!

Happy Anniversary, Deb! I've been with my husband 19 years this December. Married for almost 16 years. He's been in the army for 18 of those years. We have 3 kids (14, 7, 5) and the fattest laziest 10 year old cat you'll ever meet.

I don't work. I've been a SAHM for about 8 years. I have no social life whatsoever. I just sit at home and read. Except that I do enjoy going to the gym occasionally.

That's basically it. My life summed up in a couple of short paragraphs:/

message 8: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Forgot to add that I read every genre. Some more than others. Favorites are MM, Mystery/Thriller, and Historical.

message 9: by Krissy (last edited Sep 29, 2017 01:47PM) (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Pick:

I Suck at Girls by Justin Halpern
Non-Fiction: I Suck at Girls by Justin Halpern, 197 pgs

***Edited to remove vampire book since Rachel also picked that category***

message 10: by Deb (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Krissy wrote: "Deb, the task you have that book next to says only arms or hands are on the cover. I actually don't see one that's only legs or feet."

Whoops! Thank you. Fixing that now.

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Bone White by Ronald Malfi - this can count for 100 watts
Bone White by Ronald Malfi

Vampire Mountain by Darren Shan - can count for the vampire book if we need it to
Vampire Mountain (Cirque Du Freak, #4) by Darren Shan

i have some library books coming in that may work for the covers, depending on the edition i end up getting. i will know for sure in a few days.

message 12: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Lanelle | 13232 comments Mod
Captains, please make sure that no one begins reading for a task before Oct. 2.

message 13: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments Hi! Nice to be with you all. I come from the Philippines. I'm a student, so I may not be able to read that much, depending on the amount of school work our teachers will throw at us. I like to read books and manga (and fanfics) and watch anime. I do a couple of sports for fun too, like badminton and table tennis.

My preferred genres would be thriller, mystery, and fantasy, but I read most genres as long as they interest me.

I want to pick the sci-fi task with this: Frost by M.P. Kozlowsky

message 14: by Denise (new)

Denise Lauron (dlauron) | 390 comments Checking in! I missed that teams were announced.

message 15: by Denise (new)

Denise Lauron (dlauron) | 390 comments Can i take the heart with The Big Girl's Guide to Buying Lingerie A Cowboy Love Story (Bluebonnet Texas Book 4) by Amie Stuart ?

message 16: by Deb (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Denise wrote: "Can i take the heart with The Big Girl's Guide to Buying Lingerie A Cowboy Love Story (Bluebonnet Texas Book 4) by Amie Stuart?"

That'll work, Denise!

message 17: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments Can someone post the link for the spreadsheet, maybe in the first post, for easy access to it?

message 18: by Deb (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Eunice wrote: "Can someone post the link for the spreadsheet, maybe in the first post, for easy access to it?"

I added the link to the spreadsheet to the first post. I hope it's position is okay...

message 19: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Deb wrote: "Eunice wrote: "Can someone post the link for the spreadsheet, maybe in the first post, for easy access to it?"

I added the link to the spreadsheet to the first post. I hope it's position is okay..."

looks good to me :)

message 20: by Deb (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Unless another would prefer to take the setting, I'll take the book set during Mary Shelley's lifetime with Northanger Abbey

message 21: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Should we be picking out a name?

message 22: by Deb (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Krissy wrote: "Should we be picking out a name?"

Yes. I listed it as TBD for now.

What suggestions does anyone have?
One that crossed my mind is 'Insurgents'. (Being team Four made me think of Four from the Divergent series).

message 23: by Deb (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Get your books ready to go! Except for Eunice (where it is already October 2nd), the rest of us can start reading very soon. :-)

message 24: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments Deb wrote: "Get your books ready to go! Except for Eunice (where it is already October 2nd), the rest of us can start reading very soon. :-)"

I was actually still waiting to start so that I'd be on the same page with you guys. I've gotten used to it for team challenges. It just means that I still got Nov. 1 to read.

message 25: by Rachel (last edited Oct 02, 2017 06:19AM) (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments I just put Hemlock Grove on hold at the library, this should be the cover:
Hemlock Grove by Brian McGreevy

when i pick up the book i'll let you know for sure. but it seems like it could count for hands

message 26: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Deb wrote: "Krissy wrote: "Should we be picking out a name?"

Yes. I listed it as TBD for now.

What suggestions does anyone have?
One that crossed my mind is 'Insurgents'. (Being team Four made me think of F..."

I like that name!

message 27: by Deb (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Rachel wrote: "I just put Hemlock Grove on hold at the library, this should be the cover:
Hemlock Grove by Brian McGreevy

when i pick up the book i'll let you know for sure. but it seems like it could count f..."

Looks like a great selection! If that doesn't work out, I do have one on standby that I can start at any time.

(p.s. I'll be interested to see your review of that. I need a 'werewolf' for another challenge.)

message 28: by Krissy (last edited Oct 02, 2017 09:09AM) (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments COMPLETION POST
Extra Book

Five Dares by Eli Easton
Five Dares
10/02 ★★★

message 29: by Deb (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Krissy wrote: "COMPLETION POST
Extra Book

Five Dares
Five Dares
10/01 ★★★"

Unfortunately, that one will not count. Reading did not begin until 10/2.

message 30: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Fixed it.

message 31: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Pet Sematary by Stephen King
'Salem's Lot by Stephen King
Ghost Road Blues (A Pine Deep Novel) by Jonathan Maberry

those are the book covers of 3 books i have now from the library. i think pet sematary could count for the head but it's a large book so i am worried i won't finish it in time. so it can be back up for that task. i am going to prioritize the vampire book (Vampire Mountain) and a couple of others before Pet Sematary, which are a lot shorter so i can get them done.

message 32: by Krissy (new)

Set at a college or university

Frozen Hearts by Teegan Loy
Frozen Hearts
10/02 ★★★★

message 33: by Deb (last edited Oct 02, 2017 02:33PM) (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Rachel wrote: "those are the book covers of 3 books i have now from the library..."

Rachel - Please feel free to pick whichever you would most like to read first. I have zero doubt we'll not only complete the setting and body parts, but have several books in the Bonus Watts, too. :-) I don't want anyone to feel pressured at all, if possible.

message 34: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Deb wrote: "Rachel wrote: "those are the book covers of 3 books i have now from the library..."

Rachel - Please feel free to pick whichever you would most like to read first. I have zero doubt we'll not only ..."

thanks Deb :)

message 35: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Has anybody heard from Carrie?

message 36: by Deb (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Krissy wrote: "Has anybody heard from Carrie?"

Not a word, but I have reached out to her.

message 37: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments I updated the spreadsheet last night with Krissy's books

message 38: by Krissy (new)

Non-Fiction

I Suck at Girls by Justin Halpern
I Suck at Girls
10/03 ★★★★★

message 39: by Deb (last edited Oct 03, 2017 09:20AM) (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments COMPLETION POST
Legs/feet on the cover

Seeing Double by Tamra Baumann
Seeing Double
10/3 ***

message 40: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 513 comments Hi I just got the message that the threads had been made. I haven't been on much, we had a death in the family so I've been tied up.

message 41: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments I'm so sorry for your loss, Carrie

message 42: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Sorry to hear that, Carrie :(

message 43: by Deb (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Sorry to hear of your loss, Carrie.

message 44: by Krissy (new)

Extra Book

You're Welcome. Love, Your Cat by Clancy Nacht
You're Welcome. Love, Your Cat
10/03 ★★★★

message 45: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 513 comments Would Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead work for : 1 book where only a head is on the cover ?

message 46: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments COMPLETION POST for 100 watts

Dark Harvest by Norman Partridge
Finished 10/3/17
Dark Harvest by Norman Partridge

message 47: by Krissy (new)

Extra Book

Crazy Like a Foxe (Skyler Foxe Mysteries, #6) by Haley Walsh
Crazy Like a Foxe
10/03 ★★★

message 48: by Eunice (new)

Eunice | 340 comments Carrie wrote: "Hi I just got the message that the threads had been made. I haven't been on much, we had a death in the family so I've been tied up."

I'm sorry to hear for your loss, Carrie.

message 49: by Deb (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Carrie wrote: "Would Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead work for : 1 book where only a head is on the cover ?"

Absolutely, Carrie.

message 50: by Krissy (last edited Oct 04, 2017 08:17AM) (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3110 comments Pick:

Undercurrents by Ridley Pearson
Arms/hands cover: Undercurrents by Ridley Pearson

« previous 1 3 4