Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Challenge Theme: Exploring GR > Young Adult - Round 1

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Dec 02, 2017 01:04PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30835 comments Mod
Logo Design by FlamingText.com

This challenge lasts for 1 year from the date you start

You ever wondered what everyone else is reading in a certain genre? Are you in a funk and just need some suggestions? Or have read through all your TBR and you are looking for your next favorite book?

In this Challenge Theme, we will take a random week and list all the most read books that week in Goodreads for various genres.

Explore the different books your fellow Goodreaders are reading to find your next book.

---For this particular challenge, the books won't change. It'll stay the 100 books posted above. Just pick how ever many books you want to read in a year from this list.

---We will revisit the most read in this genre at another time. Possibly months from now. With hopefully, or at least mostly, a new list of 100 books. Those would be separate challenges from this one. They are each individual.

---If there are books listed in this challenge that you've already read this year, you can certainly backdate the start of your challenge year so that you may include them.

---If a book from the above list is in a series, you can read a book earlier in the series in its place and it will count.

---You can read your novels in any language.

Logo Design by FlamingText.com

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard Allie and Bea by Catherine Ryan Hyde Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1) by Emily R. King Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5) by Sarah J. Maas
Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han The Burning Girl by Claire Messud All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth Fallen Heir (The Royals, #4) by Erin Watt Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs The Empty Grave (Lockwood & Co., #5) by Jonathan Stroud The Final Spark (Michael Vey, #7) by Richard Paul Evans Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1) by Rick Riordan The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas Ruin and Rising (Grisha Verse, #3) by Leigh Bardugo City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey The King's Traitor (Kingfountain, #3) by Jeff Wheeler The Gender Lie (The Gender Game, #3) by Bella Forrest The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4) by Rick Riordan Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1) by Jeff Wheeler Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan Four A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4) by Veronica Roth The Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #9) by Jeff Kinney The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2) by Rick Yancey Intensity (Chronicles of Nick, #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Persuasion (Curse of the Gods, #2) by Jane Washington Every Day (Every Day, #1) by David Levithan The Girl Who Dared to Think (The Girl Who Dared, #1) by Bella Forrest Catharsis (Awaken Online, #1) by Travis Bagwell Everything You Want Me to Be by Mindy Mejia Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt The Gender War (The Gender Game, #4) by Bella Forrest Steelheart (The Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Apex (Hunter, #3) by Mercedes Lackey The Color of Our Sky by Amita Trasi The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2) by Jeff Wheeler Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy #1) by Jennifer A. Nielsen Angelbound (Angelbound Origins #1) by Christina Bauer Fallen Crest Public (Fallen Crest High, #3) by Tijan Tree of Ages (Tree of Ages, #1) by Sara C. Roethle The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter by Theodora Goss The Seventh Day by A.E. Watson Crazy House by James Patterson Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Tarnished Crown (The Royals, #3.5) by Erin Watt Orphan Moon by T.K. Lukas Requiem (Delirium, #3) by Lauren Oliver The Testing (The Testing, #1) by Joelle Charbonneau The Dire King (Jackaby, #4) by William Ritter The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2) by Michelle Hodkin The Cabin by Natasha Preston Lucas (Preston Brothers, #1) by Jay McLean Chasing Red (Red, #1) by Isabelle Ronin The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon Win (The Atlantis Grail, #3) by Vera Nazarian Sad Girls by Lang Leav The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani The Witches of Dark Root (Daughters of Dark Root, #1) by April Aasheim Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E.K. Johnston The Call (The Call, #1) by Peadar Ó Guilín The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3) by Jeff Wheeler Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick Silver Flame (Vampire Girl, #3) by Karpov Kinrade The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3) by James Maxwell Tempting Raven (Curse of the Vampire Queen #1) by Jessica Sorensen Generation One (Lorien Legacies Reborn, #1) by Pittacus Lore A Blaze of Sun (A Shade of Vampire, #5) by Bella Forrest Somebody Else's Sky (Something in the Way, #2) by Jessica Hawkins The Assassin and the Healer (Throne of Glass, #0.2) by Sarah J. Maas Crave Part One (Crave Duet, #1) by E.K. Blair Born of Water (Elemental Origins, #1) by A.L. Knorr The Maid's War (Kingfountain #0.5) by Jeff Wheeler Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry Shadowhouse Fall (Shadowshaper, #2) by Daniel José Older Moonrise by Sarah Crossan Scala (Angelbound Origins #2) by Christina Bauer Fallen Crest Home (Fallen Crest High, #6) by Tijan Protagonist Bound (Crisanta Knight #1) by Geanna Culbertson Ash (Hive Trilogy, #1) by Jaymin Eve Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2) by Colleen Hoover The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3) by Rae Carson Darkness of Dragons (Wings of Fire #10) by Tui T. Sutherland Silber Das erste Buch der Träume (Silber, #1) by Kerstin Gier The First City (The Dominion Trilogy, #3) by Joe Hart Iniquitous (The Marked, #3) by Bianca Scardoni Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira

The Fault in Our Stars
Red Queen
Allie and Bea
Eleanor & Park
Crown of Midnight
Cinder
Heir of Fire
The Hundredth Queen
Empire of Storms
Always and Forever, Lara Jean
The Burning Girl
All the Bright Places
Insurgent
Fallen Heir
Allegiant
Hollow City
The Empty Grave
The Final Spark
Winter
The Hidden Oracle
The Assassin's Blade
Ruin and Rising
City of Lost Souls
The 5th Wave
The King's Traitor
The Gender Lie
The House of Hades
Onyx
The Banished of Muirwood
Counting by 7s
Four: A Divergent Story Collection
The Long Haul
The Infinite Sea
Intensity
Persuasion
Every Day
The Girl Who Dared to Think
Catharsis
Everything You Want Me to Be
Tell the Wolves I'm Home
The Gender War
Steelheart
Apex
The Color of Our Sky
The Ciphers of Muirwood
Daughter of the Pirate King
Ginny Moon
Unravel Me
Dreams of Gods & Monsters
The False Prince
Angelbound
Fallen Crest Public
Tree of Ages
The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter
The Seventh Day
Crazy House
Origin
Tarnished Crown
Orphan Moon
Requiem
The Testing
The Dire King
The Evolution of Mara Dyer
The Cabin
Lucas
Chasing Red
The Bone Season
Win
Sad Girls
The School for Good and Evil
The Witches of Dark Root
Exit, Pursued by a Bear
The Call
The Void of Muirwood
Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
Silver Flame
The Path of the Storm
Tempting Raven
Generation One
A Blaze of Sun
Somebody Else's Sky
The Assassin and the Healer
Crave: Part One
Born of Water
The Maid's War
Pushing the Limits
Shadowhouse Fall
Moonrise
Scala
Fallen Crest Home
Protagonist Bound
Ash
Etiquette & Espionage
Losing Hope
The Bitter Kingdom
Darkness of Dragons
Silber: Das erste Buch der Träume
The First City
Iniquitous
Love Letters to the Dead

Experimenter: 1 -5 books
Searcher: 6 - 10 books
Pathfinder: 11 - 15 books
Traveler: 16 - 20 books
Pioneer: 21 - 25 books
Adventurer: 26+ books

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Sep 29, 2017 08:55AM) (new)

Amethyst Coin Challenge Themes ~ Amethyst Coin Amethyst Coin

Earn your Amethyst Coins with the Reading Challenges. Must Join a participating Reading Challenge on or after April 1, 2016.

To Earn an Amethyst Coin:
Amethyst Coin One Coin upon completing Adventurer level

Learn about Gem coins here

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 5: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 6: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 3968 comments Im in

message 7: by Jammin Jenny (last edited Jan 03, 2018 04:51PM) (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4080 comments I'm in too.
October 1, 2017 - Sep 30, 2018

Adventurer Level: 26+ books
1. All the Bright Places
2. Hollow City
3. Onyx
4. Winter
5. Four: A Divergent Story Collection
6. The Infinite Sea
7. Daughter of the Pirate King
8. The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter
9. Crazy House
10. Origin
11. Opal
12. City of Bones 1st in Mortal Instruments series, read 1/3/18, 5 stars

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare

— Massiel [taking a break] (rollitosdecanela) | 512 comments I'm in!
October 1, 2017 - 2018 (1 year)
Level: Adventurer: 26+ books

message 10: by Susan (last edited Oct 01, 2017 10:30AM) (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 1132 comments I'm in!
October 1, 2017- Sept. 30, 2018 (1 year)
Level- Adventurer: 26+ books

message 11: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome to the challenge everyone!

message 13: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Tayla!

message 14: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 1 comments I’m in for 26!

message 16: by Katherine (last edited Dec 07, 2019 04:22PM) (new)

Katherine | 298 comments 💜💜💜💜 Young Adult - Round 1 💜💜💜💜 2nd Oct - 2nd Oct 2019

💜 Cress - 18/10/17 ★★★★★
💜 Insurgent 11/3/18 ★
💜 Allegiant 20/4/18 ★
💜 Winter 25/5/18 ★★★★★
💜 The Hidden Oracle 17/11/18 ★★★★★
💜 Love Letters to the Dead 8/11/18 ★

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1) by Rick Riordan Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira

message 17: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) I’m a little confused. So how does this work? Are we going off the picture right now?

message 18: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Tayla wrote: "I’m a little confused. So how does this work? Are we going off the picture right now?"

Welcome to the challenge Tayla!

For this challenge round, the books won't change. Pick however many books from the above list of 100 books that you'd like to read in the next year. It's up to you.

We will eventually revisit Young Adult, for a Round 2, with hopefully a mostly new list of 100 books, sometime in the future--but that would be its own separate challenge.

If the book listed is in a series, you can read a book from earlier or later in the series and it will count.

You can read the book in any language you prefer.

Hope this answers any questions you might have. Have fun!

message 19: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) Ahhh okay I thought each week we get told different books

message 20: by Cheryl (last edited Oct 03, 2018 12:05PM) (new)

Cheryl | 903 comments I am in for the Adventurer level!

Young Adult--Round 1
October 3, 2017- October 3, 2018
26/26

1. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell ♕♕♕♕
2. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas ♕♕♕
3. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven ♕♕♕♕♕
4. Allie and Bea by Catherine Ryan Hyde ♕♕♕♕♕
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green ♕♕♕♕♕
6. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard ♕♕♕
7. Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt ♕♕♕♕♕
8. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs ♕♕♕♕
9. The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter by Theodora Goss
10. Counting By 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan
11. Everything You Want Me to Be by Mindy Mejia
12. The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
13. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
14. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
15. The Long Haul by Jeff Kinney
16. Every Day by David Levithan
17. The Color of Our Sky by Amita Trasi
18. The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey
19. The Burning Girl by Claire Messud
20. The False Prince by Jennifer A Nielsen
21. Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
22. Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig
23. Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
24. The Girl Who Dared to Think by Bella Forrest
25. The Hundredth Queen by Emily R. King
26. The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven Allie and Bea by Catherine Ryan Hyde The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter (The Extraordinary Adventures of the Athena Club, #1) by Theodora Goss Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan Everything You Want Me to Be by Mindy Mejia The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1) by Rick Riordan Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey The Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #9) by Jeff Kinney Every Day (Every Day, #1) by David Levithan The Color of Our Sky by Amita Trasi The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2) by Rick Yancey The Burning Girl by Claire Messud The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1) by Jennifer A. Nielsen Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han The Girl Who Dared to Think (The Girl Who Dared, #1) by Bella Forrest The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1) by Emily R. King The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 774 comments Young Adult--Round 1
October 3, 2017- October 3, 2018
0/26

message 22: by CassieV (last edited Oct 10, 2018 05:01PM) (new)

CassieV | 1196 comments Exploring Goodreads - Young Adult
Oct 1 2017 - Sep 30, 2018 Extended to Oct. 31st
Adventurer: 26+ books

Going to extend this a bit :)

Read 19/26

1. Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) - 2/12/18****
2. Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) - 2/16/18****
3. The Hundredth Queen (Hundredth Queen #1) - 7/15/18***
4. Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5) Swap in Queen of Shadows - 7/10/18*****
5. The Hidden Oracle (Trials of Apollo #1) - 10/10/18***
6. The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass #.1-.5) - 5/7/18****
7. The King's Traitor (Kingfountain #3)
8. The Gender Lie (The Gender Game #3) Swap in The Gender Game - 7/24/18***
9. The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave #1) - 7/22/18***
10. Every Day (Every Day #1) - 10/10/18***
11. The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave #2)
12. The Gender War (The Gender Game #4) Swap in The Gender Secret - 9/2/18****
13. Apex (Hunter #3)
14. Fallen Heir (Royals #4) Swap in Paper Princess - 7/18/18****
15. Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King #1) - 2/13/18***
16. Dream a Little Dream (Silver #1)
17. The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter - 9/20/18***
18. Requiem (Delirium #3) Swap in Delirium - 7/1/18***
19. Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2)
20. Tarnished Crown (Royals #3.5) Swap in Broken Prince - 7/19/18***
21. Red Queen (Red Queen #1) Swap in King's Cage - 6/25/18***
22. The Maid's War (Kingfountain #0.5)
23. The False Prince (the Ascendance Trilogy #1)
24. The Assassin and the Healer Swap in Throne of Glass - 1/8/18****
25. Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School #1) - 5/10/18****
26. The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns #3) Swap in The Girl of Fire and Thorns - 7/31/18**

message 23: by Mint (last edited Nov 18, 2017 10:40PM) (new)

Mint Tea (mintchunchun) | 134 comments Duration: October 1 2017 - 2018
Level: Experimenter: 1-5 books

Books Completed: 5/5

1. Throne of Glass (4 OCT 2017)
2. Crown of Midnight (6 OCT 2017)
3. Heir of Fire (19 OCT 2017)
4. Queen of Shadows (27 OCT 2017)
5. Empire of Storms (17 NOV 2017)

message 24: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome to the challenge everyone!

@Cheryl - seems like you are mostly enjoying the books so far! ;)

message 25: by Vereads (Verona) (last edited Oct 01, 2018 05:58AM) (new)

Vereads (Verona) (vereads) I'm in!!!

Exploring GR - Young Adult - Round 1
Duration: 01. Nov. 2017.- 31. Oct. 2018.
Level: Pathfinder: 11 - 15 books
Books:

1. Insurgent (02 Nov 2017)
2.Allegiant (24 Nov 2017)
3.Eleanor & Park (06 Mar 2018)
4. To All the Boys I've Loved Before (14 Jun 2018)
5. P.S. I Still Love You (28 Jun 2018)
6.Always and Forever, Lara Jean (13 Jul 2018)
7. The Fault in Our Stars (29 Sep 2018

message 26: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Feb 09, 2018 02:18PM) (new)

Welcome Verona!

Challenge posts are linked above

message 27: by Angie (new)

Angie | 185 comments Was looking at Round 2 and realised I hadn't listed for round 1 yet even though I've been doing the challenge! So I'm signing up and back-dating to when I started.

Young Adult – Round 1
1/10/17 – 30/9/18
Level: Experimenter
1/5

1 - Cinder - Marissa Meyer - 15/3/18
2 - Fallen Crest High - Tijan
3 - Red Queen - Victoria Aveyard
4 - The Hundredth Queen - Emily R King
5 - Paper Princess - Erin Watt
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Fallen Crest High (Fallen Crest High, #1) by Tijan Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1) by Emily R. King Paper Princess (The Royals, #1) by Erin Watt

message 28: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 11, 2018 02:49PM) (new)

15/?
The Fault in Our Stars
Divergent
Insurgent
Allegiant
Four: A Divergent Story Collection
Every Day
Another Day
Six earlier Days
Steelheart
Firefight
Calamity
Origin
The Testing
Independent study
Graduation Day

message 29: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Angie & Slytherpuff!

Your challenge posts are updated HERE

Yes, that is acceptable Slytherpuff.

message 30: by Abbey (new)

Abbey (abbeyhauser) | 210 comments Joining in for this challenge, I've been looking for further ways to expand my selections!

Dates: May 10th, 2018 - May 9th, 2019
Initial Goal: Pathfinder (11-15, based on my initial interest level in books I haven't read on the list, but hoping to find more after researching more)

message 31: by Cindy III (last edited Sep 22, 2018 01:38AM) (new)

Cindy III | 50 comments Young Adult Round 1
Level:?

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
Shadowhouse Fall (Shadowshaper, #2) by Daniel José Older
The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
The Call (The Call #1) by Peadar Ó Guilín
Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard
The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter (The Extraordinary Adventures of the Athena Club, #1) by Theodora Goss