Play Book Tag discussion

The Skeleton's Knee (Joe Gunther #4)
This topic is about The Skeleton's Knee
Archive: Other Books > The Skeleton's Knee by Archer Mayor - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen | 2217 comments In Brattleboro, Vermont, a reclusive man is brought to the hospital by ambulance. The hermit pays in advance for his care with cash from an envelope stuffed with money. An aneurysm ultimately kills the man but during autopsy it is found that the damage was caused by a gunshot wound, a wound that is at least 20 years old. Lt. Joe Gunther is called on to investigate the death and when he and his team dig through the dead man's hideaway, they literally dig up a skeleton that has been buried on the property for at least 2 decades. The skeleton sports a shiny artificial knee which at least gives Gunther a place to start on identifying the remains. Joe's investigation leads him to Chicago where he confronts an old radicalized hippie culture and the mob. Both groups are keenly interested in Joe's findings and when he returns to Vermont he is tailed by at least one, and possibly two, killers.

This is book #4 in the Joe Gunther series. I love the setting - beautiful Brattleboro and its surroundings, and I really like Joe. This is a series I will most definitely be continuing.

message 2: by Joni (new) - added it

Joni | 623 comments Oooooo sounds so good.....maybe I need to look into this series.😁

Ellen | 2217 comments Yes, Joni....more books for your TBR!

message 4: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5068 comments Never heard of this series - sounds interesting!