Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2017 Challenges Archive > 2017-Oct/Nov/Dec- What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments It's Fall! Starting to think about stocking up on that fire wood and sitting by the fireplace with a good book? Or maybe sitting in the park under a tree?

Tell us what new books you are reading! Any gems? Not so great reads?
This is the place to share what you've been able to check off your tbr :)

message 2: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments I’m currently reading Naughty Boss (Steamy Coffee Collection, #1) by Whitney G. for the PtP Challenge. It’s a light, cute novella so far.

message 3: by Katherine (last edited Oct 11, 2017 05:46AM) (new)

message 4: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Menasco | 18 comments I'm reading the shadow demon (peachville high ) series by Sarra Cannon right now , they are very good

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20252 comments Almost done with Romancing Mister Bridgerton and enjoying it. I think Dragon Fall is next for the FAC.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy (tympermyntal1) | 68 comments Almost done with:
Hearts and Swords Four Original Stories of Celta (Celta Novels) by Robin D. Owens

Also finishing up:
Changeling (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #2) by Yasmine Galenorn

Just started:
Night World, No. 3 (Night World, #7-9) by L.J. Smith

message 7: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments I'm reading Her Dirty Professor by Penny Wylder for the PtP.

message 8: by Amber (new)

Amber | 9 comments I am currently reading Teach Me: The Jaxon Hawke series It is ok but has taken too long to develope I think.

I also just got done with Until Nico and my word was it steamy!!!! Absolutely love love love these kinds of books. I was hoping the Jaxon Hawke series would be the same but they don't come close to the Until Series.

message 9: by Robin (last edited Jan 01, 2018 04:53PM) (new)

message 10: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished The Wood Queen (The Iron Witch, #2) by Karen Mahoney Ho-Ho-Homicide (A Liss MacCrimmon Mystery, #8) by Kaitlyn Dunnett White Trash Zombie Unchained (White Trash Zombie, #6) by Diana Rowland Highland Avenger (Murray Family, #18) by Hannah Howell Golden Age and Other Stories by Naomi Novik Midnight's Captive (Dark Warriors, #6) by Donna Grant The Wrong Hostage (St. Kilda Consulting, #2) by Elizabeth Lowell Bite My Fire (Biting Love, #1) by Mary Hughes

Currently Reading Secrets in Death (In Death, #45) by J.D. Robb She'll Never Live by Hunter Morgan

message 11: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (sincerelywhitney) | 33 comments Robin wrote: "October:
Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4) by Jeaniene Frost Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward Make Her Pay (Bullet Catcher, #8) by Roxanne St. Claire"

I really need to pick up the BDB series again. I love JR Ward! :)

message 12: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (sincerelywhitney) | 33 comments Currently reading Left Drowning, and trying to keep from drowning in a pool of my emotions. *ugly-sobs*

message 13: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20252 comments Finished When I Need You yesterday and loved it! But I finished while I was out so I started Most Valuable Playboy afterwards, it was already on my phone - probably not the best idea to read football books back to back... But it's ok, it is football season and I love the sport. =)

message 14: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments I'm reading Fall Out (SEALs Undone, #1) by Zoe York for both the PtP and PIFM challenges- love when it works out that way!

message 15: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 91 comments Whitney wrote: "Robin wrote: "October:
Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4) by Jeaniene Frost Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward Make Her Pay (Bullet Catcher, #8) by Roxanne St. Claire"

I really need to pick up the BDB series again. I love JR Ward! :)"

She's one of my favorite authors. I'm doing a re-read of the BDB on audio. I'm surprised how much of it I don't remember.

message 16: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20252 comments Robin wrote: "She's one of my favorite authors. I'm doing a re-read of the BDB on audio. I'm surprised how much of it I don't remember."

I did that a few years ago and was stunned at the same thing. And even more stunned at all the little things that don't matter in the story you are reading, but are hints at or important in future stories!

message 17: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished She'll Never Live by Hunter Morgan Blind Faith (Sin Brothers, #3) by Rebecca Zanetti Star of the Sea by Joseph O'Connor Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige Foul Play by Steffie Hall Ukulele Murder (Aloha Lagoon Mysteries #1) by Leslie Langtry Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2) by Jay Kristoff The Six-Gun Tarot (Golgotha, #1) by R.S. Belcher

Currently Reading Secrets in Death (In Death, #45) by J.D. Robb Wait for Dark (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #17) by Kay Hooper The Persian Always Meows Twice (A Cat Groomer Mystery #1) by Eileen Watkins

message 18: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished The Persian Always Meows Twice (A Cat Groomer Mystery #1) by Eileen Watkins Brother by Ania Ahlborn Burning The Map by Laura Caldwell The Outcast Dead (Ruth Galloway, #6) by Elly Griffiths And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1) by Kiersten White Wait for Dark (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #17) by Kay Hooper Highland Wolf Pact (Highland Wolf Pact, #1) by Selena Kitt

Currently reading Secrets in Death (In Death, #45) by J.D. Robb Strong, Sleek and Sinful (FBI #3) by Lorie O'Clare

message 19: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19813 comments I'm reading Hexmaker (Hexworld, #2) by Jordan L. Hawk and Sidelined (Southern Scrimmage #2) by Mercy Celeste . And hopefully this month I will finally finish THIRDS Beyond the Books Volume 1 (THIRDS) by Charlie Cochet ~ I've stalled big time on this one :(

message 20: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19813 comments I'm now on a bit of a NR Walker kick. Just read Imagines (Imago, #2) by N.R. Walker which was a full on 5 fat stars, and now listening to Switched by N.R. Walker which is shaping up the same way. Love her stuff!

Also reading I Know Where Babies Come From, Derek (I Know Where Babies Come From, Derek, #1) by DiscontentedWinter ~ takes a bit of time to get used to the writing, but is pretty funny. Really enjoying it now I have the hang of it :D

message 21: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished
Secrets in Death (In Death, #45) by J.D. Robb Strong, Sleek and Sinful (FBI #3) by Lorie O'Clare The Obsidian Chamber (Pendergast #16) by Douglas Preston In Stone's Clasp (Final Dance, #2) by Christie Golden Dolled Up to Die (The Cate Kincaid Files, #2) by Lorena McCourtney Pillaged (Love Unleashed, #2) by Kayci Morgan Darkness Avenged (Guardians of Eternity, #10) by Alexandra Ivy Levet (Guardians of Eternity, #9.5) by Alexandra Ivy The Dragons Want Her by Angela Foxxe Pig Island by Mo Hayder

Currently Reading Forgive Me by Daniel Palmer Kinked (Elder Races, #6) by Thea Harrison

message 22: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished Forgive Me by Daniel Palmer Kinked (Elder Races, #6) by Thea Harrison Entwined (The Erotic Adventures of Jane in the Jungle, #1) by Colette Gale A Tale of Two Vampires (Dark Ones, #10) by Katie MacAlister Field of Graves (Taylor Jackson, #8) by J.T. Ellison The Bedlam Stacks by Natasha Pulley Forever... (Forever, #1) by Jude Deveraux No Rest for the Dead by Andrew Gulli Body Check (New York Blades, #1) by Deirdre Martin

Currently Reading The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1) by Becky Chambers How to Wash a Cat (The Cats and Curios Mystery #1) by Rebecca M. Hale

message 23: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished How to Wash a Cat (The Cats and Curios Mystery #1) by Rebecca M. Hale Lady of Devices (Magnificent Devices, #1) by Shelley Adina The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1) by Becky Chambers Death Echo (St. Kilda Consulting, #5) by Elizabeth Lowell Echoes of Ice by Boone Brux To Brie or Not To Brie (A Cheese Shop Mystery, #4) by Avery Aames The Ghost Fields (Ruth Galloway, #7) by Elly Griffiths

The Lemoncholy Life of Annie Aster by Scott Wilbanks Midnight's Temptation (Dark Warriors, #7) by Donna Grant Widow’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #7) by Jennifer Estep Dragon Wytch (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #4) by Yasmine Galenorn Of Grave Concern (An Ophelia Wylde Paranormal Mystery, #1) by Max McCoy Vampires Dead Ahead (Night Tracker, #5) by Cheyenne McCray

Currently Reading The Devil's Triangle (A Brit in the FBI, #4) by Catherine Coulter The Woman in Blue (Ruth Galloway, #8) by Elly Griffiths

message 24: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished
The Woman in Blue (Ruth Galloway, #8) by Elly Griffiths Red 1-2-3 by John Katzenbach The Devil's Triangle (A Brit in the FBI, #4) by Catherine Coulter Dreadmarrow Thief (The Conjurer Fellstone Book 1) by Marjory Kaptanoglu Intensity (Chronicles of Nick, #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Mind Game (Eve Duncan #22) by Iris Johansen The NYC Werewolf Tales, Book One by Bert Murray The NYC Werewolf Tales (NYC Werewolf Tales 2) by Bert Murray Silver Silence (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #1; Psy-Changeling, #16) by Nalini Singh

Currently Reading
The First Prophet (Bishop Files, #1) by Kay Hooper Dead Dry (Em Hansen Mystery, #10) by Sarah Andrews

message 25: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished Dead Dry (Em Hansen Mystery, #10) by Sarah Andrews Wife by Wednesday (The Weekday Brides, #1) by Catherine Bybee How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) (Love at Stake, #15) by Kerrelyn Sparks Blood Pact (Vicki Nelson, #4) by Tanya Huff The Four Sworn Spring Equinox by Lenore Sagaskie Malevolent (Shaye Archer #1) by Jana Deleon The Naked Duke (Naked Nobility, #1) by Sally MacKenzie Origin Phase Origin Phase Cycle Book 1 by R. T. W. Lipkin

Currently Reading Stars of Fortune (The Guardians Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts Everlasting Enchantment (Relics of Merlin, #4) by Kathryne Kennedy

message 26: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments

Finished
Everlasting Enchantment (Relics of Merlin, #4) by Kathryne Kennedy Death on Paradise Island by B.M. Allsopp Not What You Seem by Lena Maye Terrier (Beka Cooper, #1) by Tamora Pierce The Dragon Caller (Brightmoon Book 9) by Pauline M. Ross Duck the Halls (Meg Langslow, #16) by Donna Andrews The Zig Zag Girl (Stephens & Mephisto Mystery, #1) by Elly Griffiths Headstone (Jack Taylor, #9) by Ken Bruen Hide Your Heart (Bounty Bay #1) by Tracey Alvarez A Killing Frost (River Dance, #1) by Hannah Alexander

Currently Reading
Stars of Fortune (The Guardians Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts Into the Fire (Hot Nights, #1) by Amanda Usen

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.