Being a Teen discussion

Relationships > Breaking Up

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

MusicFrogg126♪ (musicfrogg126) I need help...

This is the first time I'm going to break up with someone. The problem is that he is like in love with me!!

We have been going out like a week and a half and he got me a heart necklace with our names engraved on it...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I liked him but I don't want to go out with him anymore.

HELP!!!

message 2: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Oh my gosh, I know how you feel!
I went out with a guy for three or four months and ended up breaking up with him. He said that he loved me with a passion, that I'd truly brought him out of his depression, etcetera. But I had to do it because it wasn't what I wanted at that time.

Here's how I did it. I wrote down what I would say and practiced a bit. I did it over the phone (well, the fact that we had a hard time getting to see each other helped with that circumstance) which is way better than doing it over text or email. Don't do it by those last two - that just makes them feel worse.

Now, if he really loves you, he'll let you walk away because he'll want what's best for you, even if that means breaking up. Tell him how great he's been, that you still want to be friends (if you do), that you tried to think of both him and yourself at the same time, and then ask him if he's okay. Ask him a couple of times to make sure, but don't push him too much. Asking too many times can make things worse.

I tried to make things more distant before I broke up with him (like stopping saying that I loved him back, that sort of thing) so that they can kind of get the hint beforehand. Mine did, so maybe yours would too.

But just take into considerations his feelings, and really try to figure out what the best things to say are, and try to make it as small a blow as possible.

I hope I helped at least some!
Good luck, and tell me how it goes :)

MusicFrogg126♪ (musicfrogg126) OMG!! Thank you soooooooooooo much!!

The only thing I am afraid of is him going into like depressed mode....

I don't want to do that!

But I did tell him that we should probably stop when school starts

message 4: by Jayda (new)

Jayda That's not a bad idea.

Don't worry :) I know how you feel, so if I can help at all it's a good thing!

MusicFrogg126♪ (musicfrogg126) Also when he tried to kiss me goodbye I offered my cheek instead.

message 6: by Ben (new)

Ben | 187 comments Mod
that was a good idea :)

message 7: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Oh yeah, that's good. You don't want to give him the wrong idea.

I haven't had my first kiss yet, and I'm sixteen. Don't rush to have a first kiss, even if it's just the first in a relationship. That's something that you should be sure about first. You don't want to regret anything, you know?

MusicFrogg126♪ (musicfrogg126) Oh I've already had my first kiss.

This guy was my third guy kissing...

But the only guy that I really really wanted to kiss ((that sounds like I'm a horrible person but its complicated)) was my first boyfriend

message 9: by Jayda (new)

Jayda I haven't really wanted to kiss anyone that I could've xD Since all of the guys I've wanted to kiss had girlfriends at the time x.x Darn it ^^

message 10: by Ben (new)

Ben | 187 comments Mod
ya deffanitly take ur time. i had my first kiss at 16(couldnt really help it though..:()( )

message 11: by MusicFrogg126♪ (new)

MusicFrogg126♪ (musicfrogg126) ???

Poor Jayda!! And Ben!!

But the guy I kissed and I went out for 1 year and 8 months almost. So we kissed... alot....

message 12: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 590 comments Yeah, Ben can't get ANYONE to go out with him.

I'm joking hun, haha!

message 13: by Ben (new)

Ben | 187 comments Mod
Its true. i cant. idk whats wrong with me.. :(

message 14: by MusicFrogg126♪ (new)

MusicFrogg126♪ (musicfrogg126) I don't know you in person so I can't really help!! Sorrys!!

message 15: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 590 comments Nothing Ben. You're just very stupid....oh well.

message 16: by Ben (new)

Ben | 187 comments Mod
ya :(

message 17: by Gracie (new)

Gracie (gracied23) | 213 comments oh well someday the right person will come along. just gotta wait...nothings wrong with you!

i had my first kiss when i was 14 but i dont realy count it since it was just a quick peck on the lips. it was like a grandma peck and really...dry...idk. yeah definately dont rush it

message 18: by Jayda (new)

Jayda My crush is coming back tomorrow xD
I get to see him on Wednesday... I'm a little nervous, honestly.

message 19: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 590 comments Don't be nervous, he's your friend, be who you are, minus the drooling over him part, you'll be fineee!!! <3<3<3 Good Luck!

message 20: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Haha xD Gracias, Marley! :)

message 21: by Gracie (new)

Gracie (gracied23) | 213 comments and dont forget to tell us how it goes!

gahh i dont get to see my crush until friday. dont think i can wait that long...havent seen him all summer...

message 22: by Jayda (new)

Jayda ^^ Will do. I'm more excited than nervous. I just hope he hasn't changed for the worse, honestly x.x I'm scared that he'll be different, which I don't want unless it's different for the better.

message 23: by Gracie (new)

Gracie (gracied23) | 213 comments yeah, its scary when they change for worse. my crush did that (somehow i still like him) and its just really wierd now.

i wish you luck!

message 24: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Thanks ^^

Even if he changes for the worse I'll probably still like him. I don't know why, but I always have crushes on the "bad boys". He's not a "bad boy" per se, but he's not the good boy, either. He wears the punk clothes and listens to the screamo music and such.

There's a part of me that wonders if maybe it's because I feel like I can maybe change them? xD I have no idea. But I like the bad boys, plain and simple.

message 25: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 590 comments Gracie wrote: "yeah, its scary when they change for worse. my crush did that (somehow i still like him) and its just really wierd now.

i wish you luck!"

Same. It sucks. Completley different...still want it so bad.

No more about me!
Tell us about it after Jayda!

message 26: by MusicFrogg126♪ (new)

MusicFrogg126♪ (musicfrogg126) Grr.

I still haven't broken up with this guy, but mostly bc of two reasons

1. I never have a good time

2. My friends are making me feel extremely guilty

message 27: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 590 comments Ya know what, fuck your friends. Do what you want hun, or you aint gonna be happy!

message 28: by MusicFrogg126♪ (new)

MusicFrogg126♪ (musicfrogg126) Um... Thanks? But I am breaking up with him!

message 29: by MusicFrogg126♪ (new)

MusicFrogg126♪ (musicfrogg126) I broke up with him!!! A while ago actually, but forgot to update!!

Oh and now the friend who was making me feel guilty isn't my friend anymore!

message 30: by Emilie[-MLE-] (new)

Emilie[-MLE-] | 314 comments GOOD FOR YOU!!

message 31: by MusicFrogg126♪ (new)

MusicFrogg126♪ (musicfrogg126) Thank you!

message 32: by MusicFrogg126♪ (new)

MusicFrogg126♪ (musicfrogg126) *bows*

JustAnotherConverseLovinGurl | 244 comments WOOHHOOOOO

message 34: by Emilie[-MLE-] (new)

Emilie[-MLE-] | 314 comments *clapps*

bravo! bravo!