What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Science Fiction, Dystopia. Virtual agent/assistant in phones/devices (corporation) guides everyone's activities. Guy meets girl who is trying to fight this, he turns off his personal agent.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kiranjyot (new)

Kiranjyot | 17 comments 1. Science fiction / dystopia story
2. Virtual assistant - in personal phone / in home device - guides all actions including what to eat (gives suggestions - would you like pizza today), whom to date, where to go etc.
3. Protagonist runs into a girl who belongs to a group which is fighting this and has blacked out / proofed their flats so that no one can listen in
4. He starts switching off his own personal agent even against the personal agents protests and starts seeing this girl from the group
5. He realises that the corporation making this has data of all the people and is using it to make money
6. He is picked up by the corporation's men ...

Cant remember more details. Struggling to get the name of this book.

message 2: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments When did you read it? Was it adult or YA? Do you remember what the cover looked like?

message 3: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2085 comments Sounds very interesting - subscribing so I can find out the answer, too.

message 4: by Kiranjyot (new)

Kiranjyot | 17 comments Annamariah wrote: "When did you read it? Was it adult or YA? Do you remember what the cover looked like?"

I believe I read it in the last 2-3 years. It just came back to me as I read about the launch of Amazon Echo spot - a voice and camera based assistant.

It should be adult. Dont remember the cover. Cant figure out where I read it - I usually read on Kindle now. and none of the books in my kindle match this. Maybe I borrowed it from Kindle Unlimited. I cant go and see which one was it as my membership has expired.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

message 6: by Kiranjyot (new)

Kiranjyot | 17 comments Thanks R.S.

Very very similar to Free to Fall, but yet not it. .

message 7: by Kiranjyot (new)

Kiranjyot | 17 comments Bumping this up

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
Please note you can bump your thread every 30+ days because this group is so large -- or sooner if you remember more information which you can add at any time.

How is it different from Free to Fall?

Is this Earth in the future (what country/region)?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Kiranjyot, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 10: by Kiranjyot (new)

Kiranjyot | 17 comments Still looking for this one!

message 11: by Kris (last edited Aug 08, 2020 07:22AM) (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
Kiranjyot, I added some plot details to the topic header, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

How old are the main characters? Is this book for adults or teens?

What are the main characters' jobs and employers?

What's the location (e.g., well-known city like New York)?