Of Wonderland Book Club discussion

October - HALLOWEEN > About the books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Inge (omgitsinge) | 1361 comments Mod
Here you can talk about the books you're currently reading. Are you having a great ol' spooky time? Not as scary as you'd hoped? What's the creepiest thing about the book? Tell us here.

message 2: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Ahh, I finally started Godsgrave and it started with a refresher course, updating us on who everyone is and what happened in Nevernight. This is so handy! I wish every sequel did this.

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim | 58 comments Inge wrote: "Ahh, I finally started Godsgrave and it started with a refresher course, updating us on who everyone is and what happened in Nevernight. This is so handy! I wish every sequel did this."

I've often thought this. Refreshing stuff from previous books in a series is necessary, and authors often feel the need to spread that out over the book and integrate it, refreshing what is needed only when it is needed. But when you're binge-reading a series, going straight from one book to the next (as I almost always do), the repetition can get annoying. So I also prefer series where the refreshing is done in one chapter at the beginning of the book, so it's skippable if you just finished the previous installment.

message 4: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (edylin) | 13 comments I am starting The woman in black by Susan Hill tomorrow, now I usualy don't like scary books, I am easily freaked out 😨 So I am excited to find out if I will like this book and if I can still sleep after reading it 😩😵

message 5: by Puck, Knave of Hearts (new)

Puck | 981 comments Mod
Last week I read some great Halloween books, but for this week I'm taking a break from scary books and read a much anticipated thriller: Origin! As an art-historian I love Dan Brown's books so I can't wait to read this new one :D

message 6: by Arika, Dormouse (new)

Arika (onceuponabookishnerd) | 239 comments Mod
I'm only 20 some pages into Daughter of the Pirate King but I already know that I am going to love this one. The girl is a thinker and she doesn't care what anyone thinks. Ha so much snarkiness already :) Makes me want to be a pirate for Halloween haha.

message 7: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

I dressed up as a pirate once! It was good fun :D yarrrr