What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Modern romance. Set in the UK. Family business

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 59 comments I'll apologise first of all because my memory for this book is sketchy. It was read in the 2000's so would have been paperback and I'm pretty sure it was set in the UK.
Anyhow, it starts off at some sort of business event where the prospective clients are being fed canapés and wine. h is acting as a waitress. I think she might work for the company but not sure, might be an intern. H is the son of the company owner but is working from the bottom up so is acting as a waiter. Anyway h is hiding behind a presentation board eating some of the canapés because she is tired and hungry. H discovers her and joins her and they get chatting.
They then get into a bit of a habit of finding unused rooms and having sex. I think at one stage they are at the owner of the companies house and because H knows the house so well he finds a storeroom or something where they have sex. Anyway it comes out who H is and h is ok with it but H then dumps her and I can't remember why. It's to do with a misunderstanding, could possibly be owner is wanting H to join the board of directors but I'm not sure. They get back together at the end.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37804 comments Mod
Jenny, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 59 comments Still looking