Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > Words or Terms That You Made Up

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I say my sister is Austenizing, which basically means that she visits people, has lunch with them, and attends parties, as the ladies of the Regency period, particularly in Jane Austen fiction do. Thus she is Austenizing.

YAC is an acronym for Young And Cute, a young man that you think is attractive, but know that he is too young for you to appreciate other than with your eyes.

A Stalkerific Hero is a hero that is obsessed with the heroine to the degree that he borders on being a scary stalker dude, if it were not Romancelandia but real life.

Do you have any.

message 2: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6601 comments Mod
Good bad boy is a hero who is the good guy, but he can do something bad. A good bad that is. If you need an example, let me know.

It's all good like a chicken bone is my way of saying, don't worry about it. It's cool. It's alright.

I'll share more later.

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

That's cool, Eugenia.

Arch, I love good bad boy.

Maya I have a taste for heroes like that, so I coined the stalkerific heroes. I actually have a shelf for the books with these lovely guys.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I love alliteration. It's funny when it happens accidentally. I know what you mean about reading ruts. That's why I read around as much as I can. I don't want to get bored with any type of book. I read a few books at the same time too. I hope that you get out of your rut soon.

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Britophile is another term I started using. I love all British people and not just English, so I started saying Britophile instead of Anglophile.

Brifrican is a British person of Black African descent. My sister thinks it's hilarious when I say it.

message 6: by Arch , Mod (last edited Aug 08, 2009 04:34PM) (new)

Arch  | 6601 comments Mod
Back in the day, I use to use the word Goofnut (A word I've made up), to let a person know that they are being silly. I haven't used that in a long time.

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

That's a good one, Arch.

I didn't make this up, but since I'm trying not to curse, I like to use 'Jive Turkey.' I make my sister and friend laugh when I say that.

message 8: by PT (new)

PT (spinsterpt) | 319 comments I have only made up one phrase (OK, I thought I made it up) and it turned out that it was crude term for a sex act. Now, I just recycyle stuff I hear from other people.

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Aug 26, 2009 02:37AM) (new)

I do a lot of recycling myself, Shunda. :)