European Royalty discussion

European Royalty Discussions > English Civil War/Restoration Period

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 696 comments Hope I have the right folder. Thanks to CLM for pointing this author out to me and I've got several of her books on the way. Thanks also to Annis at HFO for spotting this link to Pamela Belle for me,

http://www.pamelabelle.com/index.htm

message 2: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie Misfit, I must say that when I saw Wintercombe Mansion I really was intrigued to read the novels....but how do I know the books will live up to the setting! Sceptical me!

message 3: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 696 comments Chrissie, I've been checking around at HFO and everyone is saying these are great. I have Wintercombe and several others coming and will let you all know.

message 4: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie Thanks Misfit! I added Watercombe to my list - basically b/c I just thought it would be so much fun to picture a story taking place in that manor! You know I think it was you that I got if from that Book Depository was good. I tried it and it was great. I like that the psotage is included in the price and that I can order from the UK. They seem to sell both new and second hand books. Do the new ones only come from like stores that bought too many? SometimezI have trouble seeing what the condition of the book is - what am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

message 5: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Moody | 544 comments I can't wait to hear how you like them, Misfit! They do look intriguing - I love this time period in English History.

message 6: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 696 comments The just finished Moon In The Water last night and loved it. What a pair of star crossed lovers, and refreshing to have a story like that without all the sex we have to put up with these days. I also liked "seeing" the Civil War from the countryside instead of inside the royal palaces. Argh! My copy of the next in the series The Chains of Fate won't arrive in my hands any earlier than Tuesday.

Review coming shortly.