Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

Group Read Discussions > Member's Choice - October & November

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
We are going to be choosing the Member's Choice reads for October & November this month. This will be the last month we'll need to do 2 books at once - Yeah!

Discussions for these books will START on 10/15 & 11/15.

Our current volunteers, Jan & Stephanie will be selecting the next members to choose. Jan will pick October's Member and Stephanie will pick November's.

If you are interested in picking the Member's Choice book for October or November please let us know by posting here.

REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBER'S CHOICE BOOK SELECTION
*It must be a STAND-ALONE with Paranormal Elements
*It needs to still be in print or be available in most bookstores
*Collections of short stories or Anthologies are okay as long as none of the stories are part of a series.
Please Note I've removed the page limit so hopefully everyone will have an easier time selecting a book

TIMELINE
* 7th to 17th - Sign Ups will be open.
* by the 19th - New volunteers will be selected
* by the 25th - All Member's Choice books should be announced!

We have a new bookshelf for Stand-Alone ideas if you need some help. Also feel free to add any books you want that fit the guidelines above. Thanks!

message 2: by Heather (last edited Aug 07, 2009 12:29PM) (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) I'm not sure there is such a thing as a stand alone anymore....

But I have a few ideas :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I added a bunch of standalones to our standalone ideas bookshelf today. :)

message 4: by Shanon (new)

THANKS Jan! I'll have to check them out :)

message 5: by Shanon (new)

Ah! I just realized I haven't ever volunteered to pick the book. I'm going to throw my name in the hat!

Tomorrow's the last day to volunteer if you're interested in picking the book.

message 6: by Kathryn (last edited Aug 16, 2009 01:16PM) (new)

Kathryn (kathry) Did you need another volunteer? If so, then I'll volunteer but if you only needed one person then I'm curious to see what you pick :)

message 7: by Shanon (new)

Hmm.. I would say we don't need another volunteer Kathryn but it looks like Heather didn't stay in the group so I doubt she's planning on picking a book.

Thanks for volunteering Kathryn - I'll take you up on your offer. Will you pick the book for 10/1 and I'll pick the book for 11/1. Should be an interesting couple of months :)

message 8: by Shanon (last edited Aug 19, 2009 02:55PM) (new)

Okay - I already know which book I want to pick. Gil's All Fright Diner by A. Lee Martinez. It has zombie cows and you just can't go wrong with zombie cows - HA!

Discussions will start on 11/15

message 9: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) OOO, I've been wanting to read that! Heard good things! I'm gonna check out the bookshelf real quick.

message 10: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) I'm choosing Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause. Amazon has it used starting at 50 cents. Hope not too many people have read it!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

i guess i didn't need to pick hehe... congrats Kathryn i cant wait to read blood and chocolate i have wanted to read that book for a while now..

that's so cool Shanon Zombie cows... sweet.. that will be a great book to read..

message 12: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Kathryn wrote: "I'm choosing Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause. Amazon has it used starting at 50 cents. Hope not too many people have read it!"

I never read this book, but did see the movie. It was pretty bad!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

The movie is so loosely based on the book that you won't recognize the story. Just character names and the fact that they are werewolves. That's about the extent of the similarities. The book is much better.

message 14: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 22 comments Cool, I've been wanting to read Gil's. I've heard that it was really good. I've already read B&C and it was awesome! Disappointed with the movie though. It was still an OK movie but they could have made it soooo much better!