Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

Sookie Stackhouse Books > Debbie Pelt and Sookies first time meeting?

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (last edited Aug 07, 2009 11:25AM) (new)

Leslie | 73 comments So I don't know if this has already been discussed, but in "Living Dead In Dallas" is that when Debbie first appears. I know the first time they officially met was when she was with Alcidde , but when Sookie was being taken back to the hotel with Luna and 2 shifters the driver asks if Eric cross dates and Luna says "you can't date a dead!" "come on Deb-uh,girl!" like she slipped up and almost said the drivers name. What do you guys think? (It's on Page 182 in the paperback book with the illustrated cover.)

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
Great catch Leslie! Didn't look like next week's episode introduces her. Uggh, I really gave up on the show matching up with the books, but no Debbie Pelt? Would they really cut that out?

message 3: by Cary (last edited Aug 10, 2009 08:02AM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) No it is in Club Dead. Sookie goes with Alcade the were to Jackson Mississippi to rescue Bill. Alcade has a nutty girlfreind there named Debbie Pelt. First book that introdues Sookie and Debbie is easy. What part of the book does Sookie first meet Debbie F2F. Is it when Alcade takes Sookie to Club Dead and Debbie Pelt is there hanging out with another shifter. Or is it when Debbie comes by to visit Alcade and finds Sookie there. If you know the real answer please feel free to let me know. I really wish I owned all the Sookie Stackhouse books. So I could read a book again to find out cetain information. :)

message 4: by Leslie (last edited Aug 07, 2009 09:13PM) (new)

Leslie | 73 comments ya I though it was crazy that Debbie may have appeared in the books earlier then thought,i'd love to ask charlaine about it.

O no there gonna have her in the show. I was watching the comicon footage and the director was saying he cant wait until her character shows up, so hopefully soon.

message 5: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) Anyone know whos going to play her?

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky | 93 comments i dont think the deb in the car is debbie pelt. sookie said she could tell the two in the front were def weres and pelt was just a shifter.

message 7: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) Debbie Pelt good grief they are going to have to get a real psychopath to play her. I cant wait to see who it is. I cant even imagine. I will have to sleep on that one.

message 8: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Yeah, Luna says the two in the car are werewolves and Debbie is a fox...(except for the screw-up in Dead to the World where she says she's a lynx--continuity error).

I STILL want to know who's gonna play Alcide. I wish they'd announce that already!

message 9: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) Me to I can't wait too see what actor will get to play Alcide. He will have to be a real brawny dude!, LOL.

message 10: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Agreed! No waifish pretty boys!

message 11: by Becky (new)

Becky | 93 comments i think it should be joey lawrence. did anyone see him in CSI: new york? he was bald but put some curly hair on him and i think he would be perfect. now quinn is a TOTALLY dif story. no clue who could even fill those shoes.

message 12: by Siempre (new)

Siempre (josiehaustin) | 91 comments I could see Victoria Beckham as Debbie, wouldn't she be great!

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 193 comments OMG! Victoria Beckham would indeed make the perfect Debbie.

message 14: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) That would be a good look for the character. She is indeed supposed to be skinny and angular with asymmetrical hair.

message 15: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) LOL! I had to go back and reread the thread because when I looked at the new posts, I though becky was sugesting Joey Lawrence for Debbies roll from the wig comment! OMGosh Im such a dork.

message 16: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) HaHaha!! ::snort::

message 17: by Tamela (new)

Tamela (tampink703) | 35 comments Leslie wrote: "So I don't know if this has already been discussed, but in "Living Dead In Dallas" is that when Debbie first appears. I know the first time they officially met was when she was with Alcidde , but w..."

NO, I think that Debbie first appears in "Club Dead" remember it was Alcide that was suppose to take Sookie to the club to read minds of what happened to Bill. Debbie made her appearance @ Club Dead with her Bridal Shower, right?

message 18: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Yup. And Sookie points to her pants and calls em Bessie, I believe. :)

And Debbie Dear burns her shawl.

message 19: by Becky (new)

Becky | 93 comments MM you rem all the good parts lol

message 20: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) I cracked up at that! It was so catty.

message 21: by Siempre (new)

Siempre (josiehaustin) | 91 comments But Debbie does roll with the Were's quite often. I have to wonder if Charlaine put that in there and that could be her? Although why she would be in Dallas?

message 22: by Siempre (new)

Siempre (josiehaustin) | 91 comments But Debbie does roll with the Were's quite often. I have to wonder if Charlaine put that in there and that could be her? Although why she would be in Dallas?

message 23: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) I hear what you're saying, but Debbie's not a werewolf. And the two in the care were.

message 24: by Claudia (new)

Claudia (igotluckey) Leslie wrote: "So I don't know if this has already been discussed, but in "Living Dead In Dallas" is that when Debbie first appears. I know the first time they officially met was when she was with Alcidde , but w..."

Club Dead

message 25: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) Josiehaustin wrote: "But Debbie does roll with the Were's quite often. I have to wonder if Charlaine put that in there and that could be her? Although why she would be in Dallas?"

Theres a "Debbie Does Dallas" joke somewhere in there, I just know it. Although Im not clever enough to come up with it.

message 26: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) L.O.L.

message 27: by Cary (last edited Aug 25, 2009 08:01PM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) I dont think Debbie makes an appearance until Club Dead. What buisiness would Debbie Pelt have had in Dallas?

message 28: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 73 comments I just wonder why Charlaine named another character Debbie, i'd love to ask her that.

message 29: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Well, it may have been intended as a pseudo-intro when she wrote it. There are a lot of continuity errors in the books depending on what print run you have, because Charlaine's original continuity person was crap, apparently. That's why in Dead to the World, Debbie says she's a lynx. Later it's said she's a fox. So maybe when Charlaine wrote Dallas, she already had the Debbie character in mind.

Or it could just be coincidence!

message 30: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) I would agree with that it could have been any of the things you've mentioned.

message 31: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Kenna wrote: "Theres a "Debbie Does Dallas" joke somewhere in there, I just know it. Although Im not clever enough to come up with it."

Hahaha! I think you just did! LOL!

message 32: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Stubbs | 5 comments When i think of Alcides character all I think of is Kevin Durand-- He's been in a bunch of stuff- but hes a big guy...as far as hair goes perhaps Robin Williams would be a good choice?..... teeheee